CatFx50 - page 370

my two cents

i woke myself up at about 4 in the morning to see if i wanted to catch todays trades. when i got to my charts we had already had the intial move on the major pairs. and the retrace=killer. I looked at euro/grb it was moving too much so i said f this and went back to bed.

what do you think about this? i feel catfx works best when the dollar is the primary market mover and when other currencies are in play we should stay out or be very careful.

ps happy 1000 posts nina

mcsqueeze:
i woke myself up at about 4 in the morning to see if i wanted to catch todays trades. when i got to my charts we had already had the intial move on the major pairs. and the retrace=killer. I looked at euro/grb it was moving too much so i said f this and went back to bed.

what do you think about this? i feel catfx works best when the dollar is the primary market mover and when other currencies are in play we should stay out or be very careful.

ps happy 1000 posts nina

Hi!

Honestly, I did not see that 1000 posts number. That reminds me to post less.

EURGBP tells us if EURUSD and GBPUSD are going together if we want to trade those pairs againts USD. But if you feel safer not trading when there are big moves on EURGBP, it is ok.

Nina

Hi!!!

If we have a $ hike, will have it for sure, EURUSD could go down to 1.2660-50 as a first reaction. Then, we'll see.

It's just an opinion and I may be damn wrong.

Of course, if we do not have the hike, we'll see EURUSD at 1.2890.

Stay out!

Nina

Hi Nina and All,

Yes, the word on the street is that there will be a hike in interest rate. I subscribe to one of those well-placed, private newsletters and that's what they say.

Of course, later on we have the Treasury Budget and Currency Report and it is rumored the US will complain about China keeping their currency too close in value to the US Dollar.

So you could say it's a wild day, a double jeopardy!

moneyline

moneyline:
Of course, later on we have the Treasury Budget and Currency Report and it is rumored the US will complain about China keeping their currency too close in value to the US Dollar.

When is that report coming out ?

11:15 am pac time 2:15 est cet?

wow that is the scariest candle i have seen in a long time hopefully you hit your tp befor your s/l . glad i stayed away but now i am getting signals has it settled down and picked a direction yet? edit: definately not!! still gonna stay away

ps i guess this is what you learn box or hedge trades for. but those techniques seem too risky for me don't like the large possible drawdowns.

Level(something) buy on the GBP/USD 1900 gmt Candle -

but the market has been nutz today...

when in doubt, sit it out...

** pulls up a chair and the TV remote control**

Looks like the pairs are going into consolidation mode ...

probably waiting on the E-12 GDP report @09:00 gmt

Yep!

Up and down it goes...where it will end...nobody knows!

Help, I'm getting motion sickness!

moneyline

reemul99:
When is that report coming out ?

Hi reemul99,

The report is due out in about 1.5 hours from now.

moneyline

Reason: