Wma 5/20 - Ema - page 6

Hi

Thx for answer me please tell which one of this EA u use?

thx kaveh

newdigital:
It's ok but it should be additional filter. Second one. We still have losses and I think that some week may be profitable and some week not.

Yep - it looks nice.

But when we filtrate this with SAR some trades will be taken - look at pic1

We miss proftable trade - so i think we have to check something else as a filter - NRATR is like SAR - sometimes good sometimes it miss very good trade.

Mabye some oscilator would be good?

I'm trying now to write oscilator for PDF (Price Distribution Function) but it's hard work but mabye it will help us to get into market - and for exit we will use sar with that setup - it should be proftable and low risk

Files:
pic1.gif  14 kb

May you explain what is + - 8 width? Envelopes? MA with Opened/Closed price?

newdigital,

Set the levels in the MA properties window to + and - 8, or some other number as you feel. I've looked at this for all TF, even the 1 min, and different widths can often signal the breakout. At least it is a way to help cut out some of the losing trades when channeling.

cs

Kalenzo:
Yep - it looks nice.

But when we filtrate this with SAR some trades will be taken - look at pic1

We miss proftable trade - so i think we have to check something else as a filter - NRATR is like SAR - sometimes good sometimes it miss very good trade.

Mabye some oscilator would be good?

I'm trying now to write oscilator for PDF (Price Distribution Function) but it's hard work but mabye it will help us to get into market - and for exit we will use sar with that setup - it should be proftable and low risk

Yes. It should be something different.

As to your picture so we may change something: we may enter when 5/50 wma crossed on second closed bar. If we want to catch the big trade it does not matter for us: one bar less or one bar more. Because it is M1 timeframe. Let's say that the cross was 2 bars ago and it should be confirmed by SAR now (on closed bar as well). In this case it may work. Because it is very difficult to find the correlation between two indicators.

Beluck did it with Bainwashing EA: he adjusted the parameter namely BarsToConfirm. It means how many bars we should wait for the confirmation of the signal. So, we have the signal and waiting for the confirmation. If the signal was confirmed on the same with signal bar we open the order. It may be confirmed on the next bar for example. If we set it for 4 the EA will check all 4 bars to find confirmation.

He did it in Brainwashing #1d.

It was as good so I could not find the right settings for this EA up to now.

newdigital:
It was as good so I could not find the right settings for this EA up to now.

lol, yeah i know exactly what U mean

I wrote that indicator like u sad some time ago - didnt post it on forum becouse it have still one problem - on flat market many false signals. We cath the big moves but false signals are killing us...

newdigital,

look at the pics from post 38, 40. Use the close of the bar above or below the outer width. Using MA allows this channel to follow price movement and close stays inside channel until breakout or potential breakout. Now we have to filter for the potential breakouts or false breakouts.

Like you, I'm still looking for that other filter.

cs

traden4x:
newdigital,

Set the levels in the MA properties window to + and - 8, or some other number as you feel. I've looked at this for all TF, even the 1 min, and different widths can often signal the breakout. At least it is a way to help cut out some of the losing trades when channeling.

cs

Yes. It is very interesting.

But how to use it in our case?

traden4x:
newdigital,

look at the pics from post 38, 40. Use the close of the bar above or below the outer width. Using MA allows this channel to follow price movement and close stays inside channel until breakout or potential breakout. Now we have to filter for the potential breakouts or false breakouts.

Like you, I'm still looking for that other filter.

cs

I think this +8/-8 channel is too thin.

Look at the image.

Files:
1_4.gif  22 kb

Look at the image.

It is NRTR WATR indicator. I changed the settings of AveragePeriod to 7 and CountBars to 1000.

Dots are wma_cross indicator with default settings. It is 5/50 wma crossing (wma with the priod 5 is crossing wma with the period 50).

GBPUSD, M30 timeframe.

Files:
1_5.gif  21 kb
nrtr_watr.mq4  5 kb

Look at this image. I am shifting the chart from 1,000th bar up to the 1st bar.

Files:
2_3.gif  23 kb
Reason: