Wma 5/20 - Ema - page 5

And an other problem is Stop Loss and Take Profit levels.

Just imagine that you opened buy order and price is going up. Uptrend. Where to stop? How long the price will go up? Can we estimate exactly? If we are experienced traders we will take into account pivots, S&R lines and everything. We can but with some probability. Some people say that if some estimation is having 70% of probability (it means the person is right in 70% of the cases) this person has great unbelievable experience. Unbelievable (it means this person should be very rich, unbelievable rich).

I am not unbelievable.

EA is not informed about it. EA is trading. It should be very strict rules for EA (it means it is necessary to transform the experience into the rules for future possible EA).

traden4x:
newdigital,

Here are 4 more screen shots showing what I mean.

Again blue is 8WMA with +,- 8 width.

Juice is set to each pair.

StepMA Stoch is from nina's thread. This makes the EA almost work like nina's because of the 8WMA width.

I see several trades that are losers as with any EA. It's nearly impossible to filter out all the trades that don't follow through.

More suggestions?

Traden4x,

I understand that impossible to filter everything. But if EA will trade once or twice per week on M15 TF, or once or twice per month on H1 with almost profit it will be good.

May you explain what is + - 8 width? Envelopes? MA with Opened/Closed price?

From my expirience SAR is the best SL i ever used. If u set SL on last SAR in order direction u can exit with great profit or small loose. The weak point of that method is like in that screenshot. You exit on SAR lvl - but the move is much biger - and u dont cath it - there was no signal - thats flustrating

So mabye some position reopen condition would be helpful.

Files:
enter_exit.gif  11 kb

Hi, Newdigital!

Surfers are always seaching for the big one. Traders are always searching for the big move. Musicians are always seaching for the big hit and so on.

With pain, I've learned to trade as an ant: small pieces to the anthill. That's my goal. Sometimes, I find a piece of bread that weights 5 times my weight and I struggle to take it to my shelter. It is not easy. Since now, I've avoided to be killed by others animals like human, for instance.

That's why I trade multi lots and I scale them.

But it's only my opinion. It has the same value than others.

In each of the pictures you have posted above, you'd have got some pips. Sure.

Nina

Kalenzo:
From my expirience SAR is the best SL i ever used. If u set SL on last SAR in order direction u can exit with great profit or small loose. The weak point of that method is like in that screenshot. You exit on SAR lvl - but the move is much biger - and u dont cath it - there was no signal - thats flustrating So mabye some position reopen condition would be helpful.

I understand what you mean.

Files:
1_1.gif  20 kb

nina:
Hi, Newdigital!

Surfers are always seaching for the big one. Traders are always searching for the big move. Musicians are always seaching for the big hit and so on.

With pain, I've learned to trade as an ant: small pieces to the anthill. That's my goal. Sometimes, I find a piece of bread that weights 5 times my weight and I struggle to take it to my shelter. It is not easy. Since now, I've avoided to be killed by others animals like human, for instance.

That's why I trade multi lots and I scale them.

But it's only my opinion. It has the same value than others.

In each of the pictures you have posted above, you'd have got some pips. Sure.

Nina

Yes Nina. You are right.

But I did not present your system.

It was an other system.

As to the pips so I can not understand the price as my money. My money is in my pocket. Money on the chart in the historical data is not my money.

I can not draw one EMA line to understand that everything which is above this line is my money for possible buy orders and below is for possible sell orders (somebody is dividing the world like this). Nobody knows the future exactly.

But it was not your system.

As to your system so you are doing great job on that thread and hope that you and other people who are helping you will have good results (EAs and everything). You have many skeptical people and many optimistic people and they all are helping you.

U dont know when will be that big move so u wait for it and try - if u try much and wait for a big move u have to take big SL - that can crush you - when i deleted one of the filters and use adx - signals was showing more often than ususal and i took every part of big move - 3 trades but all move was mine. But earlier i trade many wrong signals and the return was 52 pips forom 12 dec 2005 since today. When i taded only the prev signals and dont got the big move - the results was 205 pips. Thats a simlpe calculation.

That result is after comision. And of course i calculated the worst of all options - I assumed that the long posiotion will be taken from highest price from the signal bar and Short from lowest price from bar. 205 pips is not a bad result I think. Max drowdown was -50 pips, highest profit 190 pips.

The inconnues:

-> we dont know when dot or arrows are drawed on chart

-> we dont know how many false signals will be generated

Of course we can incerase accuracy of that idea by taking some const SL.

Kalenzo:
U dont know when will be that big move so u wait for it and try - if u try much and wait for a big move u have to take big SL - that can crush you - when i deleted one of the filters and use adx - signals was showing more often than ususal and i took every part of big move - 3 trades but all move was mine. But earlier i trade many wrong signals and the return was 52 pips forom 12 dec 2005 since today. When i taded only the prev signals and dont got the big move - the results was 205 pips. Thats a simlpe calculation.

That result is after comision. And of course i calculated the worst of all options - I assumed that the long posiotion will be taken from highest price from the signal bar and Short from lowest price from bar. 205 pips is not a bad result I think. Max drowdown was -50 pips, highest profit 190 pips.

The inconnues:

-> we dont know when dot or arrows are drawed on chart

-> we dont know how many false signals will be generated

Of course we can incerase accuracy of that idea by taking some const SL.

Yes but we are trading on closed bar. So we see the dot and this dot will not be changed. Problem is that we do not know (or our possible EA does not know) anything about this dot: is it false dt or the right one.

Look on the image. We may try SAR with the settings 0.007; 0.07; 4.

What do you think?

Files:
2_1.gif  18 kb

newdigital:
... We may try SAR with the settings 0.007; 0.07; 4. What do you think?

But i think this settings of SAR is more good for M1 timeframe.

So we may use SAR as a filter and for exit as well.

Look at the image:

- 1.gif is very difficult case. Losses. Or small profit if we exit on SAR.

- 2.gif is profit (exit on your SAR_Color with 0.007; 0.07; 4).

What do you think?

So, it may be the following:

1. Enter.

5/50 WMA crossing with confirmation of your SAR indicator with the setings 0.007; 0.07; 4.

It means sell if red dot (closed bar #1) and downtrand of SAR (value of previous SAR is more than value of the current SAR).

Buy: blue dot and uptrend with SAR.

2. Exit.

On the bar (1st closed bar) with the SAR (0.007; 0.07; 4) when color of the SAR was changed. For example (previous closed bar is in red color and current closed in green).

And M1 timeframe.

What do you think?

Files:
1_2.gif  21 kb
2_2.gif  19 kb

It's ok but it should be additional filter. Second one.

We still have losses and I think that some week may be profitable and some week not.

Reason: