News from elite subscription - page 15

miko:
Could you please tell me what happens once we have subscribed and paid the subscription? thank you

You will be subscribed. It should be automatically if you are using paypal, and it will need manual validation for egold for example.

BTW the most recent thread about elite section is here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

You may read this thread from the beginning.

And there is some post about elite section:

results

newdigital:
Performance of Firebird for this week with/without timefilter. In pips.

In this post

you suggested that you would post on regular basis results of the forward test/live trading of all the profitable expert of you elite section.

Did you start to produce these regular performance reports?

Happy new year

emeric

Performance of Firebird for this week with/without timefilter. In pips.

The other EA. Profitable for EURUSD. EA is based on one indicator only (there are one or two big thread about this EA in this public forum). Forward tested since january 2006. Exact one year forward testing:

Mandarine.

H1 timeframe. Default settings.

EURUSD: pips this week 99; pips in total 578.

elepoutre:
In this post

you suggested that you would post on regular basis results of the forward test/live trading of all the profitable expert of you elite section.

Did you start to produce these regular performance reports?

Happy new year

emeric

I re-read this post but sorry did not understand you.

Did I start what to do?

In elite section I am posting everything.

And I am posting the news from elite section on two public thread:

- this one;

- and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general - this thread is having much more information.

Just a news. Something which i understand as very interesting, or very strange and so on.

newdigital:
Performance of Firebird for this week with/without timefilter.

In pips.

The other EA. Profitable for EURUSD. EA is based on one indicator only

(there are one or two big thread about this EA in this public forum).

Forward tested since january 2006. Exact one year forward testing:

Mandarine.

H1 timeframe. Default settings.

EURUSD: pips this week 99; pips in total 578.[/CODE]

The other EA. Forward tested since January 2006. One year forward testing:

Scalp_net.

M1. EURUSD only.

EURUSD: pips this week 12; pips in total 450.[/CODE]

The other EA. One year forward testing as well.

[CODE]GoldWarrior02b.

EURUSD: pips this week 0; pips in total 503.

GBPUSD: pips this week 0; pips in total 390.

[CODE]GoldWarrior02b with timefilter.

EURUSD: pips this week 0; pips in total -66.

GBPUSD: pips this week 0; pips in total 884.

All Brainwashing EAs were tested since January 2006.

So probable I will post the results in Brainwashing section here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Because I was thinking that Brainwashing M15 timeframe should be very profitable. But in reality Brainwashing 1c, H4 timeframe and Brainwashing 1c1, H4 timeframe were profitable for all the pairs during 1 year forward testing.

What is the difference between 1c, 1c1 and 1d version? It is different with confirmation:

- when we see the buy signal we should have confirmation of the level of iTrend indicator on the same bar with signal. It is 1c version.

- we may wait 1 bar for the confirmation: 1c1 version.

- we may select how many bars to wait for the confirmation to catch big movement - 1d version (was not tested yet).

It was some discussion about it one year ago: if we got sell or buy signal how many bars we should wait for the confirmation to open the order. Seems this discussion is very usefull now https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

BTW I did not change the settings: I estimated the settings once more than 1 year in the section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems and did not change it during the one year.

It is not fully related to the Brainwashing rules: I had to estimate the level of iTrend indicator once a week or once a month. It was my rules. So I should follow it ... I think it may be the reason why M15 timeframe was not profitable.

I will post the results and will review this section concerning Brainwashing EAs. Because this EA is our first EA created on the forum. Very first.

Igorad developed new EA: NewsTrader_v2. It was posted in elite section today. This EA is trading the news.

KSRobot (my modification) was performed good for EURUSD M15 timeframe during the one year forward testing. Not risky at all. So next week i will try to find the old KSRobot thread in this public forum and will updated something.

I know I'm going to get slammed here, but I find all of this very odd...

A. If the EA's were really doing 1000's of pips a month, you would not be charging $12, you would be managing other peoples money.

B. You seem to be forward testing publically available code, so why bother charging $12?

C. Sucking good ideas from the public forums will kill the public forums.

D. Lets face it, if you really found a 'holy grail' EA, would you want to share it with your buddies on the Elite forum, knowing full well that it would eventually be made public and therefore less effective.

E. The public forum does not seem full of people heaping praise upon the elite section, which you would think would be the case if the presuposition for A was true.

I like reading the forex-tsd forums, but knowing all the ideas which even look half good are (supposedly) in a private forum makes the whole exercise seem somewhat pointless, seems like a perfect way to send this forum into the same hole that money-tech & stratergy-builder have gone into.

I'll quit moaning now, let's just say, I think the 'elite' thing is a bad idea.

Craig:
I know I'm going to get slammed here, but I find all of this very odd...

A. If the EA's were really doing 1000's of pips a month, you would not be charging $12, you would be managing other peoples money.

B. You seem to be forward testing publically available code, so why bother charging $12?

C. Sucking good ideas from the public forums will kill the public forums.

D. Lets face it, if you really found a 'holy grail' EA, would you want to share it with your buddies on the Elite forum, knowing full well that it would eventually be made public and therefore less effective.

E. The public forum does not seem full of people heaping praise upon the elite section, which you would think would be the case if the presuposition for A was true.

I like reading the forex-tsd forums, but knowing all the ideas which even look half good are (supposedly) in a private forum makes the whole exercise seem somewhat pointless, seems like a perfect way to send this forum into the same hole that money-tech & stratergy-builder have gone into.

I'll quit moaning now, let's just say, I think the 'elite' thing is a bad idea.

Rest assured this is not a slam but an offer of a differing point of view.

A. The members of the elite section do not make a penny from being members of that section.

B. On the subject of free thread's ideas being 'ripped off': the flow goes both ways. Development of 'new ideas' in most cases are not new at all - they are evolutionary. Henry Ford did not invent the pneumatic tire, glass for windshields, electricity and wire for ignition systems or even gasoline to run the engines and oil to lubricate the parts on his automobiles. He took some ideas and evolved them into something else.

C. There is an exchange between the elite section and the free threads. The revenue from elite section subscriptions help defray the costs of the owners of this forum so we all can continue our work and exchange ideas and have a means of communication....including those complaints about the elite section. There are some who are willing to offer their support to this idea and some who are not. Having an elite section for this support mechanism is a valid idea.

For a one month subscription one can download all the EA's and indicators and research all the threads and leave. And for that one month cost then test and evaluate if it was worth it for yourself.

The contributors to that section, as with the free threads, for the most part are committing selfless acts and require nothing in exchange except common decency and perhaps a little more privacy.

I hope the elite section continues and this forum has a long life.

May the pips be with you.

tom

Reason: