Ki Ea - page 3

BlackDawn:
I'm trying to test this EA and I keep getting this message in my journal and expert fields. How Do I correct this? 2006.03.14 22:57:17 2006.03.10 22:59 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\KI_signals_v2.ex4' on the EURUSD,M30

You have to download the indicator on post #1, and compile it in your indicators folder.

Fast_cris:
Hi Nicholishen,

The new EA whit pchannel.. i'm confused...

Is pchannel_m 3 or pricechannel_stop_v1?

In my opinion the stop whit pricechannel_stop_v1 indicator will be more profitable than pchannel_m 3 indicator!!

Thanks for all help

Fast_cris

Chris, here is the indicator and default settings that it uses.

Files:

haubentaucher:
Eventuaelly this could be a good filter:

Bollinger Band Stops

Buy and Sell only in the direction of the BB Stops.

Great work!!!! Thank you very much!

Thanks! Your approach seems very interesting. I would like to incorporate this in to the EA. Can you elaborate on how to use these indicators, post them and write down some rules on how you would like to use them to confirm/filter trades?

Thanks again! Nic

Nicholishen:
Thanks! Your approach seems very interesting. I would like to incorporate this in to the EA. Can you elaborate on how to use these indicators, post them and write down some rules on how you would like to use them to confirm/filter trades? Thanks again! Nic

Hello Nic,

I go to lunch and wil be more than happy to answer you!! A chart can you find the post before and i will think about the rules/filters while eating and post at 20.30 GMT.

haubentaucher

Thanks Nicholishen,

The ideia of Nina indicator filter looks very good too.... (thanks haubentaucher ) maybe you can put the 2 filters at same time.... KI and Nina Filter...

What you think Nicholishen?

Fast_cris

Fast_cris:
Thanks Nicholishen,

The ideia of Nina indicator filter looks very good too.... (thanks haubentaucher ) maybe you can put the 2 filters at same time.... KI and Nina Filter...

What you think Nicholishen?

Fast_cris

I like working with multiple indicators. The trades look good on the charts, but what I need is a very clear set of rules for how to place and close trades. This can range from very simple, such as Kalenzo's rules to trail and reverse, to very elaborate expressions to make decisions. Haubentaucher, I know you are working on that, and I look forward to your next post.

As always, the problems that arise, in a system like this, is when there are choppy times. Take for example the trade from maniek on post#15. Today would be a bad day to trade live. The question is not only how to place profitable trades, but how to filter out days like today. Any and all input is appreciated!

Files:
bez_nazwy_1.gif  14 kb
fx_pic013.jpg  147 kb

I have not been following the NINA thread, even though I know that it has been a popular one. Is there any critical information from the NINA system that should be incorporated into the 'MUTANT' algorithm as well?

Nicholishen:
I have not been following the NINA thread, even though I know that it has been a popular one. Is there any critical information from the NINA system that should be incorporated into the 'MUTANT' algorithm as well?

OMG, it was so simple... and now... lol

DO it have to be so compilcated?

The critical information in Nina's system is the crossover of MA 50 and next open above/bellow ema, there is also goog when the stepmastoch is crossing in the right direction at the same time as price with EMA is crossing. U can use stepmahisto with number of bars adjustments. Set number of bars to 2000.

Good luck Mates!

Nicholishen:
Thanks for the information! Does it have to be socomplicated? No, but it's more fun when it is ... Let me ask you this. When you are trading the Ki system manually, you must have some mental filters in place. You must 'see' and 'feel' the way the market is trading. I know this has been a debate between manual and mechanical traders, but there is a way to verbalize those things you see and feel. So if the verbalization of those things are acurate (the algorithm), then theoretically it would be possible to program a very elaborate EA to do a very simple task with very simple indicators and be successful. Do you think that it would be possible to code all of the mental filters that you have learned from experience into an EA? BTW, thanks for the hard work that you have put into your indicators!

Thanks. I think it is impossible to write an ea with will be feeling the market as a human. Becouse human not only wath and read the indicators but also FEEL the market. But U can write an EA with will trade similiar to human and will be also proftable as he is, or mabye even more, becouse that FEEL of market is a good and bad property of human. I think U agree with that

Kalenzo:
OMG, it was so simple... and now... lol

DO it have to be so compilcated?

The critical information in Nina's system is the crossover of MA 50 and next open above/bellow ema, there is also goog when the stepmastoch is crossing in the right direction at the same time as price with EMA is crossing. U can use stepmahisto with number of bars adjustments. Set number of bars to 2000.

Good luck Mates!

Thanks for the information! Does it have to be so complicated? No, but it's more fun when it is ... Let me ask you this. When you are trading the Ki system manually, you must have some mental filters in place. You must 'see' and 'feel' the way the market is trading. I know this has been a debate between manual and mechanical traders, but there is a way to verbalize those things you see and feel. So if the verbalization of those things are accurate (the algorithm), then theoretically it would be possible to program a very elaborate EA to do a very simple task with very simple indicators and be successful. Do you think that it would be possible to code all of the mental filters that you have learned from experience into an EA?

BTW, thanks for the hard work that you have put into your indicators!

Reason: