Wma 5/20 - Ema - page 2

Hi ForexPipMaster do you have the link to hlcc indi .good stuff man

ferman:
Can someone explain what are the JMA and WMA ?

and how can i use them in MT4.0

Thanks

I do know that a WMA is a "weighted moving average" but do not know what a JMA is.

jorgeng:
I'm new to strategy builderfx and would appreciate to get some help building a script which buys gbpusd when wma 5 cross wma 20 up and sells when wma 5 cross wma 20 down.

The intention is to be in the market 24 hours a day. Stoploss could be 25 pips from entering the market (stripped bunnygirl version).

The intention is to run in 15 minute, and if in buy the buy should happened in the 14:th minute of a 15 minute staple, same for sell.

There will be win and losses, but most wins.

Thanks

Did you ever get any help for this? I looked at this for the 1 day chart and it looks good, too.

jorgeng:
I'm new to strategy builderfx and would appreciate to get some help building a script which buys gbpusd when wma 5 cross wma 20 up and sells when wma 5 cross wma 20 down.

The intention is to be in the market 24 hours a day. Stoploss could be 25 pips from entering the market (stripped bunnygirl version).

The intention is to run in 15 minute, and if in buy the buy should happened in the 14:th minute of a 15 minute staple, same for sell.

There will be win and losses, but most wins.

Thanks

Jorgeng,

I tried to play with this 5/20 WMA crossing. I am not good programmer you know.

I used Gordago software to create EAs.

First of all I created EA according to your rules: enter/exit on 5WMA/20WMA crossing with initial 25 p stop loss which is not moved by trailing stop.

Then I backtested it using this Gordago (they have 1 min data from 2001 and possible to test with every tick mode with 90% of probability). I changed stop loss from 25 p to anything.

Nothing.

Not profitable.

Files:
wma_5_20.mq4  5 kb

Then I added trailing stop and stop loss may moved by trailing stop. So exit may be at crossing and by stop loss (which was moved by trailing stop).

And we may have different stop level for buy and sell order (lStopLoss and sStopLoss respectively), and differemt trailing stop for buy and sell (lTrailingStop and sTrailingStop). So we have choose these options.

I tested it as well.

Nothing.

Not profitable.

Files:
wma520_v1.mq4  7 kb

Then I added Take profit level and did optimization of all 3 EAs changing everything except pair (GBP) and timeframe (m15).

Notning.

Losses.

Files:
wma520_v2.mq4  7 kb

And finally I decided to change your rule.

Enter on 5 and 50 WMA crossing and exit on 5 and 20 WMA crossing.

So this EA is not trading all the time: enter on 5/50 crossing, exit on 5/20 crossing and waiting untill 5WMA will cross 50WMA once again.

No Stop loss, take profit and trailing stop.

Just crossing.

It may be profitable for not for M15 timeframe.

For H1 for example.

But it should be added some other indicators to avoid false signals, to confirm etc.

Some people suggested ADX or JMA.

So it is not final. And it may be some bugs because I did not code it manually.

But I checked the code and I think that it may be ok.

Just to start to create EA.

Not final at all.

Files:

I wrote signal indicator for that (average 5,20,50) mabye this will help u with testing this method - if u want me to make some modifications - just ask

Files:
wma_cross.mq4  4 kb

Kalenzo:
I wrote signal indicator for that (average 5,20,50) mabye this will help u with testing this method - if u want me to make some modifications - just ask

Thanks a lot.

I did the settings to be changable. So we may choose the periods of the WMAs now. I did not change anything in your indicator. Just settings.

Your indicator is giving the right and exact signal to enter (on 5/50 WMA for example). See image.

Files:
1212.gif  23 kb
1213.gif  18 kb

ADX that is included with platform is not good idea - i tryed to combine this two indicators and it failed I'm going out now for a walk - sometimes it's beter to take some break from FOREX - I will be back in 2 hours , mabye U can check this indicators as filters and see if it may work together - mabye some ideas will come

Files:
Reason: