Trend indicators - page 18

Well, first version of LSMA trend was posted long time ago ( this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180514/page34 ) and it was made only to show what some other indicator was about. In the mean time it was renamed (surprise, surprise ... ) and posted as something different while nothing at all was changed in it.

But not posting about that now .

The main problem (in my opinion) with it was the "oversensitivity" since all it is looking for is a slope of linear regression value (LSMA == linear regression value). This version is a possible way to avoid that "oversensitivity" and ads a kind of a filter on it that might help in avoiding "insignificant" changes.

Great indicator

Another gem, thanks Mladen.

Someday, when you are in a good mood, start a thread- something like-

"Trading Moving Average with Mladen".

Whole community will be benefited.

Regards.

tren inficator

I found this indi in another forum, I'm using it as a filter and its looks interesting, but i think the indicator repaints.

Can anybody check the code and fix it?

Thanks in advance

Files:
testindi.jpg  139 kb
trend.mq4  2 kb

none repainting indicator

hey guys hope all s fine..

i found an indicator tht doesnt repaint and it gives really good entry signals if u can learn to combine it with other indicators like 2-line mac-d..

the thing is that need help adding an alert when the arrows appear, showing the currency name and if the arrow is going up or down...

hope u all have a happy trading day... trendsignal_1.mq4

Files:

Yes it does repaint

It is a "Solar wind" indicator (some more info about you can find here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179650 )

gorangel:
I found this indi in another forum, I'm using it as a filter and its looks interesting, but i think the indicator repaints.

Thanks in advance

Mladen thanks for educating me!

I guess i can add this indi to your Solar Wind thread

RS_Rank Indicator

Hi all,

i hope I'm in the right thread. On the Internet I found the following code (Source: Relative Strength Rank Indicator | System Trader Success).

Input: {------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

LongTermPeriod( NumericSimple ), // Example 140 The long term performance period

ShortTermPeriod( NumericSimple ), // Example 20 The short term performance period

ATRPeriod( NumericSimple ); // Example 10 Average True Range period

Variables: {---------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

atr(0), // Average True Range

rsRankScore(0); // Relative Rank Score

atr = AvgTrueRange( ATRPeriod );

rsRankScore = ( (Close - Close[LongTermPeriod]) + (Close - Close[ShortTermPeriod]) ) / 2;

If ( atr > 0 ) Then rsRankScore = rsRankScore / atr

Else rsRankScore = 0;

rsRank = rsRankScore;

Can anyone convert the code in Metatrader format?

More about RS_Rank : http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/automated-trading/10954-trend-testing-indicators-adaptive-trading-systems.html

Thanks and Regards

derumuro

Relative Strength Rank ...

Here you go Used default parameters but added options to change all the parameters used in calculation from the first link you posted, and embellished it a bit compared to the code you posted.

Also added something that does not exist in the original - price (price used in calculation of ROC) smoothing. Here is an example of an 2 period price smoothed RSR from the above example - it seems that the price smoothing (mild price smoothing) adds to readability of the indicator and adds only minimal or no lag at all

regards

derumuro:
Hi all,

i hope I'm in the right thread. On the Internet I found the following code (Source: Relative Strength Rank Indicator | System Trader Success).

Input: {------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

LongTermPeriod( NumericSimple ), // Example 140 The long term performance period

ShortTermPeriod( NumericSimple ), // Example 20 The short term performance period

ATRPeriod( NumericSimple ); // Example 10 Average True Range period

Variables: {---------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

atr(0), // Average True Range

rsRankScore(0); // Relative Rank Score

atr = AvgTrueRange( ATRPeriod );

rsRankScore = ( (Close - Close[LongTermPeriod]) + (Close - Close[ShortTermPeriod]) ) / 2;

If ( atr > 0 ) Then rsRankScore = rsRankScore / atr

Else rsRankScore = 0;

rsRank = rsRankScore;

Can anyone convert the code in Metatrader format?

More about RS_Rank : Trend Testing Indicators For Adaptive Trading Systems - Traders Laboratory Forums

Thanks and Regards

derumuro
Files:

gorangel:

Thanks in advance

trend.mq4‎ (2.0 KB, 77 views) -- can someone please upload the trend.ex4 over here pls

-----

as it predict before the burst appear, so it might paint it backward

but when you look at the green and the red, it does not seem to have too much repaint issue-- I did not try out yet as compiler of MQ4 gone

The indicator REPAINTS, but here you go:

Files:
trend.ex4  4 kb
Reason: