BrainSystem: Trading System Development and Trades - page 10

Better indicators ?

On the subject of using better indicaors to enhance Brain Trading, or any other method. I tried these indicators for a while and found them of great interest. (However they are expensive).

http://www.fx-strategy.com/

The indicators are described on this page

http://www.fx-strategy.com/indicator.asp?section=3

Currently there is a version of the Schaff trend cycle coded for Metatrader, and it is usefull when used correctly. However it is only the "root" of the Schaff indicators, the TC1 is a very usefull indicator too and the Scaff Stoch and RSI are very good.

This thread could be out of place here in which case sorry, I'm sure the Admin will move it. Anyway I think it would be good if anybody can duplicate these indicators in a Metatrader form? They are very worth of investigation. Any suggestions?

to kubera. used to follow the old schaff trend cycle indicator , worked pretty well for me on 4 hrs charts but then opted for laguerre and float

To newdigital

I am confused about the confirmation signal you use.

1 Both signals 1 & 2 on same side on open of new bar on 1 hour chart or just signal BT1?

2 Previous 4 bars all the same colour on 15 min chart or the previous 4 stop signals BT1 and 2 the same side / colour?

3 If the signals on the 15 min chart do not confirm on open of 1 hour but do confirm 2 15 min bars later would you still take the trade.

4 Should you exit on the cross of the stochastics read at the close of a 1 hour bar?

Thanks

divad:
To newdigital

I am confused about the confirmation signal you use.

1 Both signals 1 & 2 on same side on open of new bar on 1 hour chart or just signal BT1?

2 Previous 4 bars all the same colour on 15 min chart or the previous 4 stop signals BT1 and 2 the same side / colour?

3 If the signals on the 15 min chart do not confirm on open of 1 hour but do confirm 2 15 min bars later would you still take the trade.

4 Should you exit on the cross of the stochastics read at the close of a 1 hour bar?

Thanks

You see the signal on closed bar on H1 timeframe. What is "signal"? It is big arrow of BT2Signal and big dot of BT1 signal on the same bar (closed bar). Of course those BT2Signal and BT1Signal should in the same color (I am talking about big dot/arrow only). And, of course, you will see BT1 indicator with the same color with those BT2Signal and BT1Signal.

It is the signal to enter.

Confirmation. If we are talking about closed bar so we understand that this bar was opened 1 hour ago (H1 timeframe) before closing. And we see whole this 1 hour on M15 timeframe. If we have the sell signal on H1 we must not see any blue color during the 1 hour on M15.

For example, now is 2:02 pm. Just for example. We see that bar was closed with buy signal and an other bar was opened. But we are trading on that closed bar and not taking into account this new bar which was opened. So, from open to close is 1 hour (closed bar, not new one). We go to the M15 chart to see if any red color is there. If we see red color during the 1 hour (it is 4 closed bars for M15) we will irnore the buy signal on H1.

As to exit so I am using Stochastic (14, 5, 5) but for exit only. I am not using it for estimating oversold or overbought market. Just for exit. But it is something with my live account.

If real deposit is bigger than mine you may close on stop loss to be moved by one of the BTStop indicator (on closed bar as well). In this case you must use more remote stop (there are two stop indicators and you should use more remote one to catch the big profit).

Newdigital

Thanks for the explanations.

About the exit strategy are there any indicators or alerts that will signal when there is a cross of stochastics?

Hope you dont mind all the questions

Divad

divad:
Newdigital

Thanks for the explanations.

About the exit strategy are there any indicators or alerts that will signal when there is a cross of stochastics?

Hope you dont mind all the questions

Divad

No. I am not using any alert. When I open the order I am near the computer during the 1 or 2 hours to be sure that everything is ok and under control. Then I come to the computer once per hour to move stop (if any) or to see this Stochastic indicator (it should be in Metatrader as standard indicator, not custom).

But I changed the settings of this Stochastic on to 14, 5, 5.

Some people asked about correlation between market condition and Braintrading system indicators.

One example (attached):

we see the signals for buy or sell now but can not open any order because the signals are not in the same bar. And it is out of the rules: all the signals should be on the same closed bar.

So, the correlation berween market condition and indicators is not very good today. May be we are losing money because of that.

May be not.

Files:
rules.gif  27 kb

Hello,

As I see, I'm not the only one interested by the BrainTrader package. I bought it in September, but I'm still unable to produce consistent results with it.

I read Andriy (BT creator) rules many times, seached differents FX forums for info, but I have the feeling that I'm still in square one...

I stongly believe that the BT Package can bring consistent results, assuming that you use it consistently. However, I saw many traders on differents forums claiming to get huge profits and suddenly, they changed their rules, lost huge amounts of money, got back to their originals ones and still losing money

So, that's why I'm here, I'm trying, with the assistance of other traders to find rules that are easy to understand and to follow, and which can be coded in an Expert Advisor, for those who can't stay in front of the computer all day long.

In my opinion, the BT manual is not so easy to understand, do you share the same feeling? I'm also planing to write to Andriy about that, pointing out the parts that are not so clear. Also some information could be summarized in tables, for the benefit of beginners. Graphical examples could also be a great improvement.

Newdigital, it looks like you found a way to produce consistent results with BT. Is it efficient?

Daniel

dblais:
Hello,

As I see, I'm not the only one interested by the BrainTrader package. I bought it in September, but I'm still unable to produce consistent results with it.

I read Andriy (BT creator) rules many times, seached differents FX forums for info, but I have the feeling that I'm still in square one...

I stongly believe that the BT Package can bring consistent results, assuming that you use it consistently. However, I saw many traders on differents forums claiming to get huge profits and suddenly, they changed their rules, lost huge amounts of money, got back to their originals ones and still losing money

So, that's why I'm here, I'm trying, with the assistance of other traders to find rules that are easy to understand and to follow, and which can be coded in an Expert Advisor, for those who can't stay in front of the computer all day long.

In my opinion, the BT manual is not so easy to understand, do you share the same feeling? I'm also planing to write to Andriy about that, pointing out the parts that are not so clear. Also some information could be summarized in tables, for the benefit of beginners. Graphical examples could also be a great improvement.

Newdigital, it looks like you found a way to produce consistent results with BT. Is it efficient?

Daniel

I found the way but for H1 timeframe only. I still do not know how to use it on M15 timeframe, how to make it profitable on M15 TF. It is profitable on H1 TF using the rules which I found here. Next step is to create EA but not for trading. For alarm, confirmation on M15 timeframe etc.

Reason: