algo-logic for reversal?

Hi traders,

I'm thinking to build an EA that can spot reversals, maybe with grid action (not martingale) but I need to spot quite precise reversal points.

Can you suggest some algo-logic for reversal trades? Volatility reactions? Bollinger Band? other...? Any suggested>?

Thanks so much in advance!

greenThumbs:

Hi traders,

I'm thinking to build an EA that can spot reversals, maybe with grid action (not martingale) but I need to spot quite precise reversal points.

Can you suggest some algo-logic for reversal trades? Volatility reactions? Bollinger Band? other...? Any suggested>?

I've used a Mean Reversal technique but as everything else it is not 100% guaranteed. It allows you to open trades based on a steep Fast Moving average slope. 

greenThumbs:

Hi traders,

Download and read the following book you will find on this link: 

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6457/page289

its a nice book and also try reading and understanding Elliot wave theorem

Indonesian Member
Indonesian Member
  • www.mql5.com
I want to know how many people from Indonesia is joining this forum. If you're from Indonesia, please comment this topic..Thank you...

Price Bar Reversals (9 of 9) - The Pivot Point Reversal 

The Pivot Point Reversal - Part 9 of a video series discussing short term price bar reversals such as the bearish rejection, the bullish rejection, the open close reversal, the closing price reversal, the hook reversal, the key reversal, the island reversal and the pivot point reversal.

How To Use Fibonacci Retracements 

Fibonacci Retracements can help traders find significant price points and predict levels of support and resistance. It is based on the Fibonacci sequence of numbers, identified by Leonardo Fibonacci in the thirteenth century. The relationships between those numbers are shown as ratios, and those ratios are used to identify possible reversal levels.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2017.10.11 18:09

Price Action

The forum

• All About Price Action - the key thread 
  • Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created) - the post as a summary of price action thread
  • Price Action Trading - small thread with videos
  • What is Price Action? the post with video
  • Trading Price Action Reversals : Al Brooks - the book
  • Trading Price Action Trading Ranges : Al Brooks - the book 
  • Indicators VS Forex Price Action - the post with small article
  • Interview with Al Brooks, price Action day trader and the author of 'Trading Price Action Reversals' - the post with video
  • Video Lesson - Price Action: Introduction To Price Action Trading (what is price action, basic set-ups and stop placement, and more) - the post 
  • The Three Most Popular Indicators for Day-Trading - the post with small article

CodeBase

The articles

The blogs

The market

• many in search here

Reason: