Is profitable EA that expensive?

As with many traders, I have tried numerous commercial EAs but none of them are as profitable as the backtest or as the makers claim. I have come across few sites selling

EAs that seem to be really expensive, up to USD1499 on a particular site. Now what do you think? Are good EAs worth as little as the current commercial ones? Or good EAs that

really work are actually that expensive (eg USD 1499)? Any experience?

Logically, if a EA works as advertised, why would they want to sell in the first place?

J

From reports on Facebook, high price is no guarantee against low performance :(

If an EA works, there's no reason not to sell it and make more $$$

The more people using a system, the more likely it is to generate stronger moves - still could be vulnerable to stop hunting though...

-BB-

Due your due diligence for each. Also find out their refund policy. There are many reviews, forum discussions, and scam reports for many of them.

jordank wrote >>

As with many traders, I have tried numerous commercial EAs but none of them are as profitable as the backtest or as the makers claim. I have come across few sites selling

EAs that seem to be really expensive, up to USD1499 on a particular site. Now what do you think? Are good EAs worth as little as the current commercial ones? Or good EAs that

really work are actually that expensive (eg USD 1499)? Any experience?

Logically, if a EA works as advertised, why would they want to sell in the first place?

Please, give us the names of those expensive EA's or point to their websites. I would not buy any EA. There are websites like Forex-Robots.com, which follow commercial EA's in real time, and the performance is terrible.

gpwr:

Please, give us the names of those expensive EA's or point to their websites. I would not buy any EA. There are websites like Forex-Robots.com, which follow commercial EA's in real time, and the performance is terrible.

Examples of expensive EAs:

Destiny EA (USD995)

www.destinyforex.com

Pipforia HGM (USD 89/month)

www.pipforia.com

Dhananjay EA (USD1499)

private.thefxcode.com

Reviews for these EAs seem good, but live results will be better. Anyhow they are far beyond affordability for traders like me :=(

jordank wrote >>

Examples of expensive EAs:

Destiny EA (USD995)

www.destinyforex.com

Pipforia HGM (USD 89/month)

www.pipforia.com

Dhananjay EA (USD1499)

private.thefxcode.com

Reviews for these EAs seem good, but live results will be better. Anyhow they are far beyond affordability for traders like me :=(

Thanks. These EA's look like money printing machines. Why would anybody sell a money printing machine?

gpwr:

Thanks. These EA's look like money printing machines. Why would anybody sell a money printing machine?

That's exactly what I wonder. But from the viewpoint I get from this forum, it's either the maker wants more money to feed his own system (bigger capital) or really

wants to help others.

Many EAs I've tried ended up in loss even after long time and religious parameters settings (one of the EA makers claims I did not set the parameters correctly, which was incorrect), so I guess

most of them just wanna make money out of people's quest for the perfect EA.

More people using the same EA would result in stronger move? I think if that's the case, we need to get the central banks to use EAs as well :=)

Any other views on this?

Anyway, from the way the EA Championship went, I believe strongly that the almost perfect EAs do exist. They are hardly sold I guess

Anyone with experience with Dhananjay, Pipforia and Destiny EAs? These are the expensive EAs that hardly anyone talks about...

jordank wrote >>

That's exactly what I wonder. But from the viewpoint I get from this forum, it's either the maker wants more money to feed his own system (bigger capital) or really

wants to help others.

Many EAs I've tried ended up in loss even after long time and religious parameters settings (one of the EA makers claims I did not set the parameters correctly, which was incorrect), so I guess

most of them just wanna make money out of people's quest for the perfect EA.

More people using the same EA would result in stronger move? I think if that's the case, we need to get the central banks to use EAs as well :=)

Any other views on this?

Anyway, from the way the EA Championship went, I believe strongly that the almost perfect EAs do exist. They are hardly sold I guess

Anyone with experience with Dhananjay, Pipforia and Destiny EAs? These are the expensive EAs that hardly anyone talks about...

Threr are a number of EA's on the market. I have tried several, none of them are profitable to my knowledge. The reasons they are on the market are as many as there ar EA's. A lot of the time the people that are selling are not the people that wrote them. The ones that wrote them are looking for a steady stream of income without the risk of trading. The ones that are just selling exagerate the results to catch those unknowing people that are tryng to be rich by morning. There are a number of EA's on the

dcarb:

Threr are a number of EA's on the market. I have tried several, none of them are profitable to my knowledge. The reasons they are on the market are as many as there ar EA's. A lot of the time the people that are selling are not the people that wrote them. The ones that wrote them are looking for a steady stream of income without the risk of trading. The ones that are just selling exagerate the results to catch those unknowing people that are tryng to be rich by morning. There are a number of EA's on the

I agree. The sales pitch in their websites and emails sounds professional (i mean marketing pros) and I don't think the writers are behind the sales strategies. Furthermore, most of the prices (From USD 50-300), are similar to many online products sold. This comes back to my original point, why sell a cash cow so cheap? With such returns (>10% pa), the first buyers should be the institutional investors/fund managers.

BTW. I took Pipforia HGS demo, the backtest blows up the account eventually, not sure if it differs in live trades. So I guess from the list of the '3 expensive EAs' that I could find, it's now left with 2 competitors :=)

So how far are we to the conclusion that good EAs are not sold?

Nobody would sell you an EA that is truly risk-free and consistently profitable in the long run. Which means, they pocket the money and the risk is all yours.

If someone has a truly profitable EA, there is no point in selling it - why sell cash for cash? Or as someone said, why sell a money-printing machine? At least they wouldn't be selling it at $99.95 or even $1999.95 on eBay.

Having said that, I would put more faith in EAs that require small regular payments which you can stop at any time, rather than take-it-and-run one-off up-front lump sum payments.

I do agree with you,,nobody will sell cash for cash,,,,and nobody will sell his money making machine,,,,we say nobody will sell the chiken with golden eggs, even he will keep its baby that may dose like her mother!!!!
Reason: