is mt4 worth it anymore ?

hello people and senior members please read and comment...

so to begin... i have been "involved" in this mt4 platform and forums for at least one year now, developing an EA + manually trading with some success

/ loss. i do work in financial markets and have a fairly good idea how it works also, probably better than most mt4 noobs !

However i see the mt4 platform has taken alot of negative comments regarding reliability of ea's and broker integrity.

As brokers do not guarantee stops (do any?) and also there could be an issue with taking profit getting hit. So you spend alot of time developing something that might not work to your requirement on the broker when live.

basically, is mt4 a viable commercial option ? do many companies use this, or is it only really private individuals ?

so, which (if any) are the most reliable mt4 brokers (in europe) ? dukas ? alpari ? any others ?

should i go with only ecn brokers or non delaing desk (although NDD i read is apparently a scam also)?

do people really make decent money from this, or is it all smoke and mirrors with links to over priced crap packaged ea's.

do the real money makers keep it quiet so that not everyone does it, devaluing their product and effecting market liquidity ?

any good centralised performance tested sources for eas ? back and forward ? or is this a fantasy and basically one has to back test them all individually ?

would it not be great to see all the free + ea's out there tried and tested on one website for all to view!!

i do not trust forex peace army's results, as they are submitted by the ea owner which is outrageous.

also, freebies by brokers would hardly be any use, especially if they offered their own eas through their own platforms, it would be nice to see broker freebies fully tried and tested also.

OR.... is mt4 just a bit of fun for some programmers egging us non techy people all on so they can charge outrageous fees for programs

that do not work in live accounts, but work fantastically in back testing ! (1000% in one year b.s.), AND all the programmers involved are in a pyramid scheme that pays up the ladder eventually to this dodgy russian boris fella who invented the mql4 language ?

as there are other platforms out there that are supposed to be slightly better...

thanks for comments in advance from a recent doubter...(who would like confidence restored!)

would it not be great to see all the free + ea's out there tried and tested on one website for all to view!!

I agree with you. This would be great. Why dose nobody make a website where he runs all expert advisors in a real time. Live.

i do not trust forex peace army's results, as they are submitted by the ea owner which is outrageous.

I think brokers pay them for good feedbacks.

Reason: