Wth do ppl sell EAs - page 3

sjerar:
Only correlated pairs have the same patterns.

Don't see the point.

Why not use different settings for each pair (the most suitable).

I think that's a better diversification.

Even correlated pairs behave differently for gbp/usd volatility and trending charecteristics are totally different from euro/usd

The settings reflect the character of a particular pair ,and if the character changes it can affect performance .Whatever setting u use will become useless ,if market conditions change and the EA relies on specific market conditions..............and the EA does not auto change with change in market conditions

Regards

El Cid

jjk2:
why do these ppl with so called profitable EA selling them? If they are so profitable, why aren't they millionaires with it? Why the hell would I tell you about my system that is so good and profitable?

No one single EA is going to make money forever. This is quite hard. When we buy an EA, theres no guarantee as to how long it will be profitable before crapping out, thus a good incentive for selling it. This is my view. correct me if i am wrong.

Any EA thread with 100+ replies makes me laugh. Such classic illustration of herd mentality.

anyways, just taking a break, want to think about stuff outside for once.

Some do it because they want to become some sort of showman like Don the great and enjoy pomposity they get out of being a superior person and looking down at infidels.They act smarter than other people .

Others are thieves.They find an existing E A hack it ,change the name and rehash it as something different.They optimise it for the best results and optimise performance with different brokers and sell it.They get a kick out of acting smart .

My reasons are different .......I have a passion to develop profitable and robust EAS that will be one step ahead and are based on my own experience

Regards

El Cid

el cid:
Even correlated pairs behave differently for gbp/usd volatility and trending charecteristics are totally different from euro/usd

The settings reflect the character of a particular pair ,and if the character changes it can affect performance .Whatever setting u use will become useless ,if market conditions change and the EA relies on specific market conditions..............and the EA does not auto change with change in market conditions

Regards

El Cid

So a good EA should bring the same ROI on every pair?

good discussion here.

personally i do not think NN, genetic algos, crazy models lead to the holy grail.

even with a simple MACD crossover, one can be successful. You dont have to automate everything. I admit i was once obssessed with the idea that you could have your computer make money for you while you sleep. Why do that when your money can work for you. You dont have to take profit everyday. I just set entry, let it ride, and always use SL to filter out mediocre entries. Enjoy triple digit pips, with less work.

jjk2:
good discussion here.

personally i do not think NN, genetic algos, crazy models lead to the holy grail.

even with a simple MACD crossover, one can be successful. You dont have to automate everything. I admit i was once obssessed with the idea that you could have your computer make money for you while you sleep. Why do that when your money can work for you. You dont have to take profit everyday. I just set entry, let it ride, and always use SL to filter out mediocre entries. Enjoy triple digit pips, with less work.

I agree that an EA must not be overcomplicated, but only using a simple MACD crossover will give many false signals in a ranging or whipsawing marked imo.

No person (in there right mind) would sell an EA or system that was consistently profitable over an extended period of time, logic says they wouldn't as it would make them more than enough using it.

And the risk of it stopping working from widespread use would be to much risk for small paypal money.If you see any EA for sale for $99.95 or whatever paypal then 100% everytime it is worth nothing.People who buy this crap create a market for the scammer who sells it.Think of what your actually buying your buying a 10-50kb software file its all your getting its not worth 10 cents.

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
No person (in there right mind) would sell an EA or system that was consistently profitable over an extended period of time, logic says they wouldn't as it would make them more than enough using it. And the risk of it stopping working from widespread use would be to much risk for small paypal money.If you see any EA for sale for $99.95 or whatever paypal then 100% everytime it is worth nothing.People who buy this crap create a market for the scammer who sells it.Think of what your actually buying your buying a 10-50kb software file its all your getting its not worth 10 cents.

So u regard people like as real traders making enough from trading, because we give away free EAS ,to help new traders automate

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178023

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177980

El Cid

Hi

Here is a famous Forex factory scammer selling EAS.

He advocates people opening $3,000 account to trade his EAS

His EAS cost over $2,000

A trader using his method would have blown his account and lost all his money.These scammers sell their EAS because they do not know how to trade .The second image is proof of 3.000 pip drawdown

El Cid, while I would agree his EA's are over-priced, at least he has the stones to trade them live and in full view to prospective buyers. Which is probably also the reason that his thread does not seem to attract the "Kill 'em all" crowd...

Having just had a looksie, it is slightly ominous that he has posted a link to the EA's latest update which is replete with beautiful MT Generated equity curves - absolutely worthless imo!

So as long as he continues trading his EA's live and posting the results, he will always have more credibility (and less hate-mail) than others...

omelette:
El Cid, while I would agree his EA's are over-priced, at least he has the stones to trade them live and in full view to prospective buyers. Which is probably also the reason that his thread does not seem to attract the "Kill 'em all" crowd...

Having just had a looksie, it is slightly ominous that he has posted a link to the EA's latest update which is replete with beautiful MT Generated equity curves - absolutely worthless imo!

So as long as he continues trading his EA's live and posting the results, he will always have more credibility (and less hate-mail) than others...

Only a heartless scammer would encourage people with $1k accounts to buy his EAS .go read the thread and you will see evidence.

I hate scammers!

El cid

Reason: