Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 48

Sorry, also, if Subscriber and Provider are on the same broker (i.e: Oanda server), does that mean they don't have to leave the subscriber's MT4 platform on 24/5 for the trading activities to be copied?

haresearch:
Sorry, also, if Subscriber and Provider are on the same broker (i.e: Oanda server), does that mean they don't have to leave the subscriber's MT4 platform on 24/5 for the trading activities to be copied?
MT4 platform must be running 24/5 in all cases. Nothing to do with the broker.

haresearch:
Do you have more information of VPS?
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/595
Forex VPS by Fozzy Inc.
Forex VPS by Fozzy Inc.
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a service whereby the user is provided with a so-called virtual private server. Virtual server emulates the operation of the standard physical server. This physical server has several virtual servers configured on it which share its resources.

Hi,

I cannot find related topic about multi signal provider.

I am trading on 2 accounts which are somewhat heading each others, but I do not know how can I provide both signal on my account.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you.

to generate signals from ea ,is it necessary for signal provider to run ea on vps to work smoothly, can ea generate without vps

is subscribers lot size also changes when signal provider lot changes

Hi
I want to fixed lot size 0.4
But I cannot set fixed lot size.
how can I do it?

And should I turn on my pc or VPS for signal service?
Please  reply

Thank you

kjh7273:
Hi
I want to fixed lot size 0.4
But I cannot set fixed lot size.
how can I do it?

And should I turn on my pc or VPS for signal service?
Please  reply

Thank you

Hi

Do you mean as a signal subscriber, you want to have a fixed lot size of 0.4? If so, it's not possible to set a fixed lot size using the signal service and the built-in MetaTrader signal options. It's also a bad idea as it changes the logic of what the signal provider is trying to do with his strategy.

And yes, you should either leave your PC on 24/7 or get a VPS. As soon as MetaTrader is off, you can't receive the signal 

While testing my signal as both Signal Provider and Signal Subscriber to make sure everything was working fine I came to a conclusion. Most signals with any kind of money management (e.g. either increasing or diminishing base lot size when winning/losing X times in a raw, or martingales or pyramiding with increasing/decreasing lots, etc.) won't work as intended by the Provider unless the Subscriber a) has the same exact amount of balance +5% and leverage or b) his balance and leverage make the client calculate the lots by 100% steps (percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages equals to 100% or 200% or 300% etc.)

Would have been so very easier to allow the Subscriber to over-ride the automatic volume conversion as an option and let people select a volume multiplier within a reasonable range of their balance/leverage ratio.

As it is, I would not advise to subscribe Signals using any kind of built in money management.

Cheers.

psword:

While testing my signal as both Signal Provider and Signal Subscriber to make sure everything was working fine I came to a conclusion. Most signals with any kind of money management (e.g. either increasing or diminishing base lot size when winning/losing X times in a raw, or martingales or pyramiding with increasing/decreasing lots, etc.) won't work as intended by the Provider unless the Subscriber a) has the same exact amount of balance +5% and leverage or b) his balance and leverage make the client calculate the lots by 100% steps (percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages equals to 100% or 200% or 300% etc.)

Would have been so very easier to allow the Subscriber to over-ride the automatic volume conversion as an option and let people select a volume multiplier within a reasonable range of their balance/leverage ratio.

As it is, I would not advise to subscribe Signals using any kind of built in money management.

Cheers.

Use MT4 copier for same...subscribe to signal with 1/10th of the providers funds and then use MT4 copier to decide how you want to run trades. When running 1/100th condition, all positions will be 0.01 until provider opens more than 1.0 lot size trade - this will give you handled on how much leverage you want to use...just a thought, surely have management of two accounts with MT4 copier
Reason: