See description below.
Still believing in Cross Moving Average and -- as a programmer -- always seeking the simplest solution. I came acros the sentance "there is no magic setting for cross MA". This indicator tries out a lot of settings each time the time frame or the symbol changes or even one each new candle. It works by dull "trading" the last 100 or so candles and choosing the settings with the best success. It is simply measuring the distance between a short and a long signal, as if anybody have traded this without stop loss. It takes the spread into account.
The lower window shows the distance between the short and the long Moving Average positive values are for long trades, negative values are for short trades in pips. Using the "profit oszilator" you can end a trade in profit by examining if short/long trades have a maximum difference and ending right before the maxium.
The upper line says "Profit today with MA 5/19 is 60 pips". The indicator or the user has choosen 5 for the fast MA and 19 for the slow MA. The next text field displays the results from yesterday followed by the signal Long or Short. Traders may like to drop two moving averages to the chart and set them up to the given value.
I am searching for more different MA recomondations in literatur.
Next step, I want to create an expert Advisor of it, however I am still wondering how to detect a sidwards trend which should not be traded with cross MA. Until now my EA based on optimized cross MA sometimes makes excellent gains and burns it the next day.
- The indicator draws now the moving averages inside the chart, the "profit oszilator" is inside a different indicator (MAProfit2), both communicate with global variables
- Supports MA Channels (see ebook at www.vnchanger.org), the slow moving average is split into two lines, one for low and one for high values, this should avoid losses in sidewards market
- Instead of testing all combinations, it can test certain MA ranges found in the literature. To do this set OptimizeAll to false and OptimizeSystems to true.
You can add or modify the systems table. Be sure to terminate it with 0,0,0,0,0,0
- New alerts can be given as voice, in order to support this, you need to download gspeak, for example from https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8621
If you do not want voice, you need to modify the code. Remove the lines from #import "speak.dll" until #import and uncomment the gSpeak function. Thanks the autor for this wonderful DLL.
If you don't remove the voice, after some profit you may begin to love "Oncle Sams" voice speaking.
- At the firsts start or on parameter change, it remembers the candle on the first trade, this should avoid re-painting old trades with different ones.
KoliEr Bands give you a step by step view for support and resistant levels. If Bollinger Bands is Batman, KoliEr Bands is Robin. Use them together.Firepips
Imports live trades and orders from the firepips twitter page