Fixed resource loading issue on some Mac/Linux systems
Fixed graphical panel bug when missing past data
FX Volume 4.0 comes with two additional features.
1. The option to use the internal comparison calculation on a minute basis which allows comparison below our previous minimum of 1 hour.
2. Inspired by our fellow trader Luke, we created a Net Long Volume view including history lines to understand better how the Net Long volume correlates with the market moves we see on the chart.
Check our Stein Investments YouTube channel to see a video of the new features.
We're sure you'll like the new features.
Optimized FX Volume to be fully compatible with MT4/MT5 templates
Transition version to use data in common data folder
Fixed bug with GMT when running FX Volume on a weekend for the first time
Optimizations when used as free demo version in the strategy tester
Fixed minor bug when alerts are enabled
This update contains the following changes:
- New Alert options based on Long and Short Volume
- New Alert filters based on the dominance of one side available,
i.e. if Volume Long is bigger than Volume Short, you'll get only alerts for the Volume Long side
- Improved communication with the new SI Connect 2.x
- Optimized settings managements
and these changes are related to the strategy tester usage
- Fixed current candle update bug
- Added parameter to start with a focus on chart currencies
- Improved backtesting performance
Fixed M1 issue when used in the strategy tester
Fixed row labels in Changes view
Changed SI Connect detection method
Improved performance when used in the strategy tester
FX Volume GUI enabled in Strategy Tester visual mode when called via iCustom
Besides various minor fixes and improvements, we made a few specific improvements when using FX Volume inside an EA and in the strategy tester like:
- Improve behaviour when called from iCustom
- Improved data processing (all modes)
- Fix minor display bugs while using the visual mode
- Disabled alerts in tester mode
Optimized SI Connect EA detection in case of heavy usage (more than 20 instances)
Fix symbols list display (top of the list possibly hidden)
With this update, it's finally possible to combine different views AND comparison periods in just one chart.
In this way, you'll easily see if the short term volume is still dynamic and supporting the volume change of a higher period.
This offers an entirely new grade of precision because you now see exactly when to enter when to exit and if it's still worth to hold the position.
We hope you'll enjoy the new flexibility provided by FX Volume.
Fixed bug resulting in orphan objects on the chart
Fixed bug of line style changes when using several instances
This release is another huge step forward and provides the following new features.
- Additional colouration for the positive and negative percentage values
- History lines for Volume Total, Volume Long and Volume short are now available
- All history lines can be hidden completely via parameters in the indicator properties
- Use multiple instances of FX Volume in one chart to create individual comparison views.
Note: Every instance has to use a different "History lines and buffers" mode to manage all instances correctly.
- Volume Total, Volume Long and Volume Short are now available in the indicator buffers
IMPORTANT: Please note that the history lines and the panel information is managed independently!
If you switch to a different panel view, this does NOT change the volume history lines. You have to change them in the indicator properties.
Please note also that the value labels of the history lines differ from the information seen in the panel because the panel displays always the latest available information while the history line buffer provides an OHLC volume data average for the entire candle. Please visit our FX Volume info channel at https://t.me/SI_FX_Volume to get more detailed information
Renamed view labels for a better usability
This major update provides a deeper insight into the real trading market sentiment
Now you can see the total volume of the long and short side separately as well as how it changed during the selected comparison period. With this information, you can easily spot on which side of the market there is an upcoming dynamic in the real trading volume.
And because we are often asked for it we added all this information for GOLD as well.
Enjoy the new amazing features of FX Volume and leave a review if you like it.
Fixed minor bug occurring rarely at a terminal restart
Minor bug fixed causing an empty panel due to unchanged data
Added special section for the alert option in the indicator properties
The following new features have been added:
-Alert on long ratio rise/drop
-Alert on total volume rise/drop
-Alert on delta increase/decrease
We hope you'll enjoy the new alert options.
Disabled DEBUG mode
Fixed empty panel bug
Changed Delta calculation display to provide more accurate results
Added total volume buffer -> ask for the updated code snippets
FX Volume is now ready to be used in the MT4 strategy tester!
The panel uses current and raw data only. OHLC is used only for history lines.
Fixed bug in panel update when data are not directly available.
Added an alert for insufficient Terminal "Max bars" settings.
Dear customers, please welcome our fantastic FX Volume 2.0. We spent weeks of work designing this beautiful panel, adding excellent features, and providing more detailed information to offer you outstanding user experience and a real edge in trading.
To benefit from all improvements it is necessary that you update FX Volume and SI Connect to the latest available version!
Metaquotes provided important fixes in MQL5 and asked us to recompile all our market tools.
So please update your local copy to the latest available to benefit from bug fixes and improvements.
Use updated libraries
Added security to avoid alert flooding
Fixed bug which checks and sends alert continuously if the data file can't be opened