Question on start() during weekends

Hi

according to documentation start() is triggered every time a tick is coming in. Now when i run a script during a weekend i can see that start() does run/loop several times even there are no ticks at all since it is weekend.

Anyone know why that happens or could explain that to me? Or any link would be nice

Thanks 

athanfx:

Hi

according to documentation start() is triggered every time a tick is coming in. Now when i run a script during a weekend i can see that start() does run/loop several times even there are no ticks at all since it is weekend.

Anyone know why that happens or could explain that to me? Or any link would be nice

Thanks 

Scripts don't need a tick to run,  they are mainly intended to run once and then exit,  but if a loop is added within start() code can be made to execute more than once. 

RaptorUK:
Scripts don't need a tick to run,  they are mainly intended to run once and then exit,  but if a loop is added within start() code can be made to execute more than once. 

my fault. by saying script i meant custom indicator. what you said applies as well in custom indicators?

athanfx:

my fault. by saying script i meant custom indicator. what you said applies as well in custom indicators?
Nope,  an Indicator's start() needs a tick to be called.
Reason: