Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Do you have Linux? Find out how to install MetaTrader on it!
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 12:52 

Hi again,

You really spent thousands of my day today!!

I am logged in at MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test - MetaQuotes Software Corp. to backtest with tickdata (Tickstroy-Lite) not to get confused with the different fxt- and history files.

Up to yesterday evening everything was ok! But at 07:00 this morning Win 7 crashed again - and all the troubles start due to the restart of the mt4 an update of mt4.

Now I realize that this sweet little line of code:

Print("IN placeOrder ",TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" Digits for ",Symbol(),": ",Digits,"  Ask: "+DoubleToStr(Ask,Digits)+"  Bid: "+DoubleToStr(Bid,Digits)+"  Sprd: "+DoubleToStr((Ask-Bid)/PIP,1));

creates this little print out of wrong numbers:

2014.03.05 13:37:43.229 2012.01.12 09:29  xN GBPUSD,M1: IN placeOrder 09:29:41 Digits for GBPUSD: 3  Ask: 1.543  Bid: 1.531  Sprd: 1.2

while on my chart I see:

Digits miss-match

So my EA calcs on wrong Digits and therefore on wrong PIPs since this morning (the fxt-file is the same I was backtesteing the last 3 days Jan. 2012 - Dec. 2013),

while the chart and the DataWindow shows correct data - PLEASE urgently correct!!

Gooly

Ovo Cz
Ovo Cz 2014.03.05 13:38  
What does your sweet little line of code print out in case you do not use the third party software?
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 14:19  

This would make sense for this EA as I need Tickdata to optimize and backtest!

I want to optimize acc. to real data and not acc. to the function of mt4 that creates its virtual ticks.

It was working until yesterday night when I started the last optimization which I lost because Win7 crashed again and I had to restart (and update) everything :(

Gooly

PS.: I have started the backtest on EURGBP - without changing anything than the currency and my sweet little line write this:

2014.03.05 15:44:10.642 2012.01.12 09:29  xN EURGBP,M1: IN placeOrder 09:29:43 Digits for EURGBP: 5  Ask: 0.83158  Bid: 0.83148  Sprd: 1.0
Ovo Cz
Ovo Cz 2014.03.05 14:35  
gooly:

This would make sense for this EA as I need Tickdata to optimize and backtest!

I want to optimize acc. to real data and not acc. to the function of mt4 that creates its virtual ticks.

It was working until yesterday night when I started the last optimization which I lost because Win7 crashed again and I had to restart (and update) everything :(

Gooly

First, I have no idea what tickdata is, so you should either show your code or give some explanation. I expect it writes a custom fxt file, but I am only guessing.

I asked if the Strategy tester works fine without your code, then we can look into your code if you share it. It seems ridiculous to demand change/fix in Terminal without showing the bug.

graziani
graziani 2014.03.05 14:41  

It will probably take some time before you will be able to use tickdata correctly in new MT4.

So if you need to use tickdata backtest, i suggest to stick with b509, till summer at least.

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 14:48  
It is NOT a mistake of tickdata (Tickstory lite or Birt's earview) it must be a mistake of symbol-definition of the metatrader server!!
Ovo Cz
Ovo Cz 2014.03.05 14:52  
gooly:
It is NOT a mistake of tickdata (Tickstory lite or Birt's earview) it mus be a mistake of symbol-definition of the metatrader server!!

Ok, once more. Does the bug appear if you do NOT use the tickdata?
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 14:53  
graziani:

It will probably take some time before you will be able to use tickdata correctly in new MT4.

So if you need to use tickdata backtest, i suggest to stick with b509, till summer at least.

Does anybody know when the brokers will force us to update to 6++?

At the very top of the forum-site mt4 said we'll publish Feb. 3rd. If fact it came later and now a concrete date disappeared.

Despite that some brokers already updated their clients - so what do we have to expect?

Gooly

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.03.05 14:54  
gooly:

Does anybody know when the brokers will force us to update to 6++?

At the very top of the forum-site mt4 said we'll publish Feb. 3rd. If fact it came later and now a concrete date disappeared.

Despite that some brokers already updated their clients - so what do we have to expect?

Gooly

Why not ask to your broker ?
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 14:55  
Ovo:

Ok, once more. Does the bug appear if you do NOT use the tickdata?

It does not appear if I use just another pair like (s.a.) EURGBP. Both fxt-files were created by the same script and are both in the same folder..
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2014.03.05 15:50  
angevoyageur:
Why not ask to your broker ?

I just asked them and they told they have already updated to b600 (but not mine) and so I may have found how to Not-Update:

1) You have a terminal from your broker xFx (e.g.)

2) You have a another account with another broker "yFy" and you login at yFy with the mT4 of xFx and then you close your mt4.

3) If you now start the mt4 yFy-Broker will not update the xFx-mt4 and if you switch to the account of xFx your mt4 is already running and will not be updatetd.

;)

Gooly

/
To add comments, please log in or register