your MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test - MetaQuotes Software Corp. Server !!!!

Hi again,

You really spent thousands of my day today!!

I am logged in at MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test - MetaQuotes Software Corp. to backtest with tickdata (Tickstroy-Lite) not to get confused with the different fxt- and history files.

Up to yesterday evening everything was ok! But at 07:00 this morning Win 7 crashed again - and all the troubles start due to the restart of the mt4 an update of mt4.

Now I realize that this sweet little line of code:

Print("IN placeOrder ",TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_SECONDS)+" Digits for ",Symbol(),": ",Digits,"  Ask: "+DoubleToStr(Ask,Digits)+"  Bid: "+DoubleToStr(Bid,Digits)+"  Sprd: "+DoubleToStr((Ask-Bid)/PIP,1));

creates this little print out of wrong numbers:

2014.03.05 13:37:43.229 2012.01.12 09:29  xN GBPUSD,M1: IN placeOrder 09:29:41 Digits for GBPUSD: 3  Ask: 1.543  Bid: 1.531  Sprd: 1.2

while on my chart I see:

Digits miss-match

So my EA calcs on wrong Digits and therefore on wrong PIPs since this morning (the fxt-file is the same I was backtesteing the last 3 days Jan. 2012 - Dec. 2013),

while the chart and the DataWindow shows correct data - PLEASE urgently correct!!

Gooly

What does your sweet little line of code print out in case you do not use the third party software?

This would make sense for this EA as I need Tickdata to optimize and backtest!

I want to optimize acc. to real data and not acc. to the function of mt4 that creates its virtual ticks.

It was working until yesterday night when I started the last optimization which I lost because Win7 crashed again and I had to restart (and update) everything :(

Gooly

PS.: I have started the backtest on EURGBP - without changing anything than the currency and my sweet little line write this:

2014.03.05 15:44:10.642 2012.01.12 09:29  xN EURGBP,M1: IN placeOrder 09:29:43 Digits for EURGBP: 5  Ask: 0.83158  Bid: 0.83148  Sprd: 1.0

gooly:

This would make sense for this EA as I need Tickdata to optimize and backtest!

I want to optimize acc. to real data and not acc. to the function of mt4 that creates its virtual ticks.

It was working until yesterday night when I started the last optimization which I lost because Win7 crashed again and I had to restart (and update) everything :(

Gooly

First, I have no idea what tickdata is, so you should either show your code or give some explanation. I expect it writes a custom fxt file, but I am only guessing.

I asked if the Strategy tester works fine without your code, then we can look into your code if you share it. It seems ridiculous to demand change/fix in Terminal without showing the bug.

It will probably take some time before you will be able to use tickdata correctly in new MT4.

So if you need to use tickdata backtest, i suggest to stick with b509, till summer at least.

It is NOT a mistake of tickdata (Tickstory lite or Birt's earview) it must be a mistake of symbol-definition of the metatrader server!!

gooly:
It is NOT a mistake of tickdata (Tickstory lite or Birt's earview) it mus be a mistake of symbol-definition of the metatrader server!!

Ok, once more. Does the bug appear if you do NOT use the tickdata?

graziani:

It will probably take some time before you will be able to use tickdata correctly in new MT4.

So if you need to use tickdata backtest, i suggest to stick with b509, till summer at least.

Does anybody know when the brokers will force us to update to 6++?

At the very top of the forum-site mt4 said we'll publish Feb. 3rd. If fact it came later and now a concrete date disappeared.

Despite that some brokers already updated their clients - so what do we have to expect?

Gooly

gooly:

Does anybody know when the brokers will force us to update to 6++?

At the very top of the forum-site mt4 said we'll publish Feb. 3rd. If fact it came later and now a concrete date disappeared.

Despite that some brokers already updated their clients - so what do we have to expect?

Gooly

Why not ask to your broker ?

Ovo:

Ok, once more. Does the bug appear if you do NOT use the tickdata?

It does not appear if I use just another pair like (s.a.) EURGBP. Both fxt-files were created by the same script and are both in the same folder..

angevoyageur:
Why not ask to your broker ?

I just asked them and they told they have already updated to b600 (but not mine) and so I may have found how to Not-Update:

1) You have a terminal from your broker xFx (e.g.)

2) You have a another account with another broker "yFy" and you login at yFy with the mT4 of xFx and then you close your mt4.

3) If you now start the mt4 yFy-Broker will not update the xFx-mt4 and if you switch to the account of xFx your mt4 is already running and will not be updatetd.

;)

Gooly

Reason: