delay between terminal instances

Hi,

If I have 2 mt4 terminal instances running on 2 different computer with 2 different locations, is that a normal behavior that if I submit an order at a computer, it will be 'discovered' on the second computer 30-40 seconds later? Is there anything extra from metatrader (or the broker) involved in such thing, next to the 'normal' latency of Internet communication?

About the 'discovery':

I am using the OrdersTotal() function on computer A to 'catch' all orders that were submitted on computer B. And I see this 30-40 seconds delay between the order is submitted and it is caught by OrdersTotal() on the other PC. Is there any better, and especially faster way to discover order submission?

Thanks in advance for any tips on this manner.

I am bringing this topic up a bit, as I am still struggle to figure out why do I have this delay. Is this the 'normal' behavior of the MetaTrader platform?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

tcsabina: as I am still struggle to figure out why do I have this delay.

My guess: Mt4 only knows about the other trade when the broker tells it.

1. Tick arrives at both terminals.
  2. Terminal A opens an order (this can take minutes during news) and gets the acknowledgment.
  3. Broker receives the next tick and notifies both terminals with one getting an updated history.
  4. Delay between 1 and 3