MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1208

Hi, I want to write an EA which checks my order conditions only at the open time of the actual bar = one time at each bar. How can I do this? if(iTime(NULL,0,0) == TimeCurrent()) doesn't work. Thank you
I wrote an EA that trades on trendlines. It does this by reading price values from actual trendline objects. These objects are drawn to the chart automatically by an indicator I also wrote. The trendline indicator, uses metaquotes' "ZigZag" indicator to identify swing highs/lows and uses those...
[Deleted]
i need help with simple programming which playsound when bid or ask stop moving for certain period, ex 3 minute can any1 here help me please? here is my coding, still newbie in coding, so i dont know how to get it run extern int minute = 3; extern int distance = 0; int start(){ if (minute==3)
[Deleted]
  Round numbers  (5)
static double UpperRoundNumber, LowerRoundNumber;       for(int RoundUp = 1;RoundUp <5000;RoundUp++)       {          if(Digits ==5)          {            UpperRoundNumber=Bid+RoundUp*10*Point;            UpperRoundNumber=UpperRoundNumber*100000;          }          if(MathMod(UpperRoundNu...
  Sponsor/investor wanted  (98   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
The thread is purely experimental. I understand that the chance of finding an adequate sponsor/investor is zero... However, I need it, if only for posterity or (and) a book, such as "Forex, the way of "zero" to "six zeros", or maybe a pessimistic title:) Frankly, I'm "parallel" to possible jokes, I
[Deleted]
  MACD parameters  (1)
Hi, Is there anybody trading with MACD on demo/live account? I am trying to optimize the parameters to have a stable system wiht low drawdown. Right now I use the following parameters: EMA (5,7,34) SL=40 TP 80, Trailing stop= 50. I trade EUR/USD on M15 chart. I definitelly need to undertake more...
[Deleted]
Anybody have Better Volume Indicator ? If so, can you send it to me. TY
[Deleted]
  MACD EA  (4)
Hello, I'm trying to optimize the MACD EA code, which I attached to this message. It has a great potential to create a good profit, but it desperately needs to add StopLoss. There is just a trailing stop, and as a result, huge losses come...I didn't succeed in my attempt to add stoploss, the thing
Hi guys, In response to an earlier thread I opened, I am having significant issues in determining how to execute a function per one bar of the chosen periodicity. That is, in the EA backtester in MT4, if i select Period: H1, I wish to essentially recieve an 'interrupt' every time a bar of period 1H...
New article Fallacies, Part 1: Money Management is Secondary and Not Very Important is published: The first demonstration of testing results of a strategy based on 0.1lot is becoming a standard de facto in the Forum. Having received "notso bad" from professionals, a beginner sees that "0.1" testing...
i have a trading strategy how do i write a ea using the settings and indicators and money management system? the indicators is SAR, MACD, STOCH and a few others
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, 1- Can somebody add the code to have the option for alert on current(pop up message only once per current candle) and close candle(only once per close candle)?? Thank very much in advance //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
[Deleted]
I was trying to learn MT4, I wanted to see how to implement one of my favorite strategies: closing gaps. So I went hunting for scripts which would be identifying gaps and found this link: https://www.forex-tsd.com/14464-post8.html When I open these files it opens some kind of editor in MT4, but I...
New article Creating an Indicator with Multiple Indicator Buffers for Newbies is published at mql5.com: The complex codes consist of a set of simple codes. If you are familiar with them, it doesn't look so complicated. In this article, we will consider how to create an indicator with multiple...
[Deleted]
I need a 4 Hour Candlestick to initiate at 5:00 PM Eastern Time which is equivalent to 10:00 PM GMT. Is there a way to set this up in Meta Trader 4? Thanks.
[Deleted]
I am new to MT$ and I can not add new code. I am very interested in adding the "better volume Indicator ", Can anybody help me. TY
[Deleted]
Hi Pros, If I save a report for an EA with trailing stop, it will be very very long.......becasue every modification or the order is recorded. Does anybody know how to save a more brief report ? like only the open and close of each order...... Thank you very much!
[Deleted]
Hello All... Experienced programmer looking to earn some extra cash... available to help with your coding ideas. Send me a PM and lets discuss what you'd like to achieve. References available.
  I cried, the forex game is a joke  (102   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
I've been working on the forex market for a while now. I often like to open accounts to play - this is how the last game ended: I decided to take a random trading desk that came up under my nose, and the conditions were not bad enough for pipsing. My calculations were very good for pipsipsing. On
Hello friends this is checkmail and am having few doubts about coding, how to code an bar histogram into an slope bar histogram, can anyone here explain to me about it. as for instance how to code an HMA histogram to an slope bar histogram, even zero divider is more convenient.
The stealthy, active & functional Stop Loss utilized will only be calculated internally in the EA and then close the order when this is level is reached. But the second 'published' SL is a 'FailSafe' that is placed on the server when the order is activated. This gets around the problem that is often...
[Deleted]
I have a what would be considered a simple MA EA and I would like to have the EA trade with reverse logic. In other words, I would like the EA to buy when a sell signal is triggered and vice-versa. Is this a line in the code that can be added to do this and if so, would some one post it here as I...
Hi, Been struggling with this for a week, trying code & googling .. It concerns the situation whereby indicators need to be overlayed because only 8 simultaneous buffers are allowed to be placed screen by 1 indi. Take an indi A and an indi B. Both start at 1.00 and end up where ever. First i place...
I've been using the ALPARI UK Demo for a few months now and this is the firsttime I came across this error. My journal has the following lines (they repeat a few times): DataCenter connecting failed [6] unknown command C6 login The expert that was running during this stopped working, but did...
[Deleted]
Hi I run two copies of mt4 because a have dual monitors, is there anyway I can changing the title on the widows taskbar when the program is running? Thanks Antony
Hello friends this is checkmail and am having an nice working indicator expect it gives an compilation error, and also it doesn't function as coded. The indicator is to change the bars as per the trend blue for uptrend and red for downtrend, to improve its accuracy the first bar of both the trends...
My name is Ruslan Nikolaev I am the founder and president of the new brokerage and investment company RVD so Selection criteria: confirmed report from the real, where your expert works or you personally At least 6 months and at least the number of transactions corresponding to the type of your
[Deleted]
Hello, I am trying to write a function that will take an array and a value as input and output an array, the idea is to shift all the values and have the scalar input be the 0th element of the output, an "updater" function. I simplified my function to a ridiculous level to try to figure out why...