indicator only compiles if there are comment characters at a certain position - page 2

tarandus:

Sorry for not being more specific. I was expecting that mql.exe would behave in the same way as Metaeditor.

In the program I am developing I do not use an editor. The program creates the indicator and ea files with encoding ascii.

I just found out the source of my problems: I created my sample programs with Emacs under cygwin. The encoding (ascii) wasn't the problem. The problem was the that Emacs does not add a \r at the and of lines, but only a \n. And, obviously, mql.exe does not understand \n as "end of line".

Thanks for you help.

By the way: Will mql.exe be available in the future? Without it or some alternative non-graphical program, it would be very difficult for me to continue my project.

Why not ? Probably as far Metaquotes continue its business

Look into your Editor-Help (f1) and search for Compiler..

I use (as well) Notepad++ with NppExec to compile the fore-ground mt4-file - pretty need :)

gooly:

Look into your Editor-Help (f1) and search for Compiler..

I use (as well) Notepad++ with NppExec to compile the fore-ground mt4-file - pretty need :)

All I can see there is that compilation from the command line is possible with mql.exe. They don't say anything about the possibility of using MetaEditor from the command line.

I very much hope that MetaQuotes doesn't abandon mql.exe.

Reason: