Help With iOpen

Iam trying to use iOpen to retrieve the open of the candle that just closed.... Any Help???

Did you take a close look at the documentation?  Just asking, because I haven't.  I have no idea if it is there or not, but it should be one of the places you look.

Use iOpen with the timeframe and shift at 1

I don't yet have any experience coding with MQL, wish I had a better answer for you.  I used to know Java coding, but even that has been quite a while.  I have no ideas what would be a good point to start at for this.

GumRai:
Use iOpen with the timeframe and shift at 1

Example how to do it:

yesterbar_open=iOpen(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,1);

Always helpful: Alphabetic Index of MQL4 Functions (600+)

JD4:
I don't yet have any experience coding with MQL, wish I had a better answer for you.  I used to know Java coding, but even that has been quite a while.  I have no ideas what would be a good point to start at for this.

I don't mean to be rude, but what is the point in such post after the answer has been given? 

I tried That ...but some thing Wrong Happens .... When i put the timeframe to be 30 an shift 1 it gives the candle before it

void getSignal(int period)
      {

if (period!=0)
      { 

Alert("OPEN FOR TIME FRAME **_ ",period," _** IS ",iOpen(Symbol(),period,0)," Close FOR TIME FRAME ",period," IS "+iClose(Symbol(),period,0));

}

yousefselim: I tried That ...but some thing Wrong Happens .... When i put the timeframe to be 30 an shift 1 it gives the candle before it
That is what shift 1 means, the previous candle, not the current candle; that is what you asked for:
yousefselim: Iam trying to use iOpen to retrieve the open of the candle that just closed.

yousefselim:

I tried That ...but some thing Wrong Happens .... When i put the timeframe to be 30 an shift 1 it gives the candle before it

It happens, if you do not have the other timeframe open. Usually on the second tick the iOpen call is correct. If you need the value within the first tick, open an additional (blank) chart for the desired period in the background, then the iOpen is always correct.

Ovo:
It happens, if you do not have the other timeframe open. Usually on the second tick the iOpen call is correct. If you need the value within the first tick, open an additional (blank) chart for the desired period in the background, then the iOpen is always correct.

when i put the timeframe 30 shift 0 it get the value from the candle that just closed

but when i put the timeframe 15 shift1 it get the value from the candle that just closed ON chart 15

but when i put the timeframe 60 shift 1 it get the value from the candle no.14 ????

IS that what you are talking about???

THANKS

Reason: