Forum rules

I know they were shown (allegedly) when we created our user accounts on here, but I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky topic thread in here with the forum rules.  I think this would be a good idea because that would give everybody a chance to review them occasionally, and also, since this is a forum for the users, allow a discussion of what changes to those rules that some might feel is appropriate.  I have done a search on "forum rules" (07-02-2015 approx 14:20 Eastern Standard Time) and at the top of the list was the thread at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144116.  While it does have 1 rule repeated in there, it does not contain a direct link to the forum rules page.  After doing some searching I did finally find it on the new user registration page here https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register.  I have copied them here for reference purposes.

Registration on MQL4.com means that you fully agree with Terms and Conditions

1. Please, be polite communicating in this forum. Any posts which may offend other visitors of the forum are forbidden.
  2. Negative discussions of any banking, brokerage and other financial institutions are not allowed.
  3. Any discussions about personal relations between the participants of the forum are forbidden.
  4. Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden.
  5. Posting of advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden.
  6. Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring moderators' remarks and furthermore open disrespect for administration will result in banning from the forum without any explanations.
  7. The administration has the right to change these rules if necessary.

1. Any discussions about personal relations between the participants of the forum are forbidden.
For some reason I cant see this rule ever being invoked :)

ydrol: For some reason I cant see this rule ever being invoked :)
You would if their discussions become dating each other instead of about trading.

Personally, I think that MQ should do to this forum what setup they have in MQL5 forum, different topic areas at least.  Makes looking for a specific post topic a lot easier.  And these rules make a lot more sense than the one I saw being talked about on the 54687 thread.

Edit: Been looking around and saw a topic covered on some threads that I think should be added to the rules here as well.  Given the numbers that MQ used on the list here, I think it should go between the current 5 and 6.  Rule 5.5: Offering of or asking others to recommend decompiling services will not be tolerated.

They will not add features nor improve anything here. They keep this forum alive for its valuable history, but apparently they do not intend to support it any longer. Discussion about rules is futile, you'll be assimilated. The forum, as it has been, is over.

MetaQuotes:

The internal messaging system is disabled. MQL4.community web site isto be used only as a data archive with no further development.

We urge you to move to the more technologically advanced MQL5.communityplatform providing more opportunities for traders, including internalmessaging options. The functionality of MQL5.com chats is much broaderand includes push notifications sent to mobile phones via MetaQuotes IDand direct integration into MetaTrader 4/5 mobile applications.

Would be more than happy to, except for the fact that I seem to keep getting banned for bullshit reasons.  I say they are bullshit because I type in there as I do in here.  First ban was for a couple days, latest was about a couple weeks or so I think.  Can't talk to anybody about it, can't find out what it is they consider bannable (spelled correctly?) so I can either avoid it or point it out as B.S. and move on.  When you are banned, apparently, you cannot talk to anyone but the mods (which I believe might have implemented the ban heavy handedly) and what good is it talking about a problem with the person at the level you believe caused the problem?  I can't contact service desk or support. They are both blocked.

Edit: Was finally able to get a response from someone, and it is at least partially resolved, for now.

JD4:
Would be more than happy to, except for the fact that I seem to keep getting banned for bullshit reasons.  I say they are bullshit because I type in there as I do in here.  First ban was for a couple days, latest was about a couple weeks or so I think.  Can't talk to anybody about it, can't find out what it is they consider bannable (spelled correctly?) so I can either avoid it or point it out as B.S. and move on.  When you are banned, apparently, you cannot talk to anyone but the mods (which I believe might have implemented the ban heavy handedly) and what good is it talking about a problem with the person at the level you believe caused the problem?  I can't contact service desk or support. They are both blocked.

There are a lot of other forums, no reason to complain about a single ban - unless you are interested in electronic magazines to be delivered directly to the Terminal.

Reason: