MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 634

double ClosedPrice = 0;double ClosePrice=Close[0];//double GapinPips=0;datetime lastCloseTime = 0;int cnt = OrdersHistoryTotal();for (int i=0; i < cnt; i++){ if (!OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY)) continue; if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && lastCloseTime < OrderCloseTime()) {...
Just messing around with code to get it right before implementing - this is to find the first trade of a particular type in the history pool. Code below + printed output. Does anybody know why it seems to think that GBPUSD is the same as EURUSD? void OnStart() { int Magic = 170715; for(int
[Deleted]
Two months ago, since the build 825, MT4 crashes my Windows XP Profesional SP2. I think it is doing a wrong operation which makes crash the graphical driver and then the os kernel also. No log, no memory dump, it's reboots instantly. My Asus computer is eight and half years old, and work perfectly...
[Deleted]
I realize a lot of experienced traders have high-end trading systems which can hold multiple charts and such. Before coming to the land of forex I traded options and even stocks at times. I've been strictly trading forex for the past 3 years (many highs and even more lows experienced)...do any of...
Hello there, I wanted to import a library for my expert with : #import "B:/drawer.dll"   int portotype();#import Here the result when I run the expert: Cannot load "B:\drawer.dll" [126] You can see that the file exist on the B: drive on the explorer. The DLL option on MT4 is checked. I have tried...
Hi,   I have this script that ran fine on a single currency trading EA. Now that I am trading with multiple currency, it is not working properly. I believe that the error is in the symbol selection. Can someone help me fix this simple bug? Many thanks    
Hi  I am new to MQL4 and have only been codding for about 1 Week. First of thank you for all the advice, I have learnt a lot from reading postis in this forum. I have been tying to code a EA and thus far I have managed to get it to a point where it uses custom indicators and based on the info it...
Hi all..   There are a way to detect if it's running normally or in Strategy Tester ? 
1: int start()2: { 3:4: if( code 1)5:   {6:7:    if (code 2) 8:     {9:      code 3;10:     code 4;11:     return(0);12:    }13:     14:   if (code 5) 15:    {16:    code 6;17:    code 7;18:    return (0);19:    }     return(0)     } Hello,    How can I loop back to int start() after line 12  if the...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have created some code to determine a lot size based on risk and stoploss. However, it seems to calculate correctly on regular accounts, but incorrectly on a micro account (such as Alpari-UK) by a factor of 10. Can anyone see how to modify the code to fix this (or perhaps confirm it does...
 Stop loss, trailing stops, and take profit, are they executed by my computer or from an external server? If my computer is powered down, will the order be executed?
My strategy Opening LONG Moving Averages Crossover  Weighted 5 Moving Averge crosses upward Expotential 28 Moving Averge. Closing (Exit Signal) LONG Moving Averages Crossover  Weighted 5 Moving Averge crosses downward Weighted 12 Moving Averge. Opening LONG Moving Averages Crossover  Weighted 5...
New article Managing the MetaTrader Terminal via DLL has been published on mql5.com: The article deals with managing MetaTrader user interface elements via an auxiliary DLL library using the example of changing push notification delivery settings. The library source code and the sample script are...
[Deleted]
I want the sound alert when the price cross the regression channel( the blue line), thank you.
hi, i build this expert but it can't place orders ,Is there a mistake void OnTick()  {  double vpoint  = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_POINT);  double SL=50*vpoint;  double TP=100*vpoint; int total=OrdersTotal();  for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++)   if(OrderSelect(pos,SELECT_BY_POS...
Guys, simple question: what data feed format does MT4 use? I want to get some external chart data. Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
Hi everyone I am new to trading and while using the demo i stepped away from my desk and when I came back one of my trades had closed I noticed this was in the Comment section "so: 100.0%/2849.3/2850.0" , so basically i want to know if this is an error or did i do something that i am not aware of...
Hi is it possible to have 3 metatrader platforms open at the same time?
Hi, can anyone help .....to recover master password to a meta trader 4 demo account.....thx
Hey guys, I seem to be having a problem. I have written the code needed to select the last pending order that has opened, upon opening I use PlaySound(). Now, it seems to keep selecting that order every new candle and playing the sound. Is there any filter that I can use to make the EA select it...
[Deleted]
Using windows 8.1 to install software on my home personal computer, I get a window that pops up " please specify the proxy server options"  this is looking for a server ip address along with a login and password. when I cancel, it stops the Mt4 install. 
Hi, I have a problem with indicator called 'HAS55'. When I put it on the chart it keeps producing messages in the 'experts' tab, almost every second there are few messages. Is that normal? Does it slow down MT4? I've tried to compile mq4 code, but there are some warnings: 'improper enumerator cannot
I am building a new indicator using the OnCalculate function for the first time. As I'm going through the logic in my brain, I can't get past the problem of what to do if I have multiple For loops that depend on prev_calculated settings when a recall occurs in the middle of a For loop. For example,...
This has happeneda couple of times now. My EAs have a few string input parameters. The values ofthose strings are sometimes empty after restarting the terminal. There is nowarning or anything like that. The strings are suddenly just empty. But itdoesn’t happen every time. I’m runningbuild 840 on a...
While logged in to mql4.com, is there a way that I can search the mql4 codebase for an specific type of EA, like "ATR trailing stop EA", without having to go page by page and use a control f function with a section of the text "ATR trailing stop EA" in the control f window? Thank you. 
[Deleted]
Hi  please can anybody  help me to write an indicator On EMA3-yellow-,EMA13-green-,EMA55-red-;whenever the  green EMA crosses the red EMA from the top downwards after the close of current candle,a SELL Red arrows  will trigal SELL SIGNAL. While whenever the green EMA crosses the red EMA from the...
I was wondering if anyone could give some bread crumbs....?   I want to pass data from excel to meta trader 4 application.  I know excel VBA can pass to other applications thru the API.  But, I don't know if meta trader4 is supported.  Also want to pass from Meta Trader4 to Excel and visa vera....
Hello guys, whick IDE do you use? I use regular metaeditor with MT4, it looks more comfortable than Scintilla (SciTE) because of a large number of reasons. But SciTE has a very convenient opportunity to press "View -> Fold margin" and some part of text becomes hide/expanded if pressing + or - sign....
Excel is taken and a pseudo-random series is built using a function. It includes trends, flats, movements in channels, false breakdowns, chart patterns, etc., etc. How to distinguish real quotes from PRNG