MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 639

Help With iOpen  (8)
Iam trying to use iOpen to retrieve the open of the candle that just closed.... Any Help???
Hello, I have some difficulties to attach the indicators on my chart from the EA. What I did was : void init() { iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator1" , 0 , 0 ); iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator2" , 0 , 0 ); iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator3" , 0
[Deleted]
  MT4 in MAC  (5)
Hi, I was trying to use MT4 in my MAC book air. While testing with a demo account, the data consumed is more that 900 MB in just above 5 mins of usage when i first logged in and started using.  And for the past 1 month of trial, the total data consumed is more that 25 GB. I have a 15 GB limited...
i am new to this mql4 and i am trying to modify a existing RSI based ea and i want to set previous bars difference between high and low as the take profit and stop loss level by  doing like this double pips= (High[1]-Low[1])/10;double StopLoss= pips;double TakeProfit= pips;  but this is not working...
New article Creating Neural Network EAs Using MQL5 Wizard and Hlaiman EA Generator is published at mql5.com: The article describes a method of automated creation of neural network EAs using MQL5 Wizard and Hlaiman EA Generator. It shows you how you can easily start working with neural networks,...
[Deleted]
Ok. First let me explain linear optimization before I get to my question. Say you're testing a basic EMA crossover system from 2000.01.01 - 2015.07.04. You run an MT4 optimization for one of the EMA's. The following values result (excluding drawdown and others for simplicity's sake): Initial
Happy 4th of July to all of the residents of the United States of America!  Hope your holiday weekend is happy and fun and most of all, safe! My thanks to all the men and women, past and present, that have made it possible for us to celebrate this holiday for almost 240 years.
I want to open a file in Téléchargements how can i do this string filename=Téléchargementsint handle=FileOpen(filename,FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV);
Hello. I noticed that the last visible bar is not fully visible sometimes.
  Forum rules  (6)
I know they were shown (allegedly) when we created our user accounts on here, but I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky topic thread in here with the forum rules.  I think this would be a good idea because that would give everybody a chance to review them occasionally, and also, since...
[Deleted]
DEAR SIR FUNCTION ONE () { BUYSTOP=1; RETURN BUYSTOP; } HOW TO SET THE BUYSTOP VARIABLE FORM OUTSIDE FUNCTION AND HOW TO CHECK THE VALUE OF BUYSTOP VARIABLE OUT SIDE THE FUNCTION IN SIMPLE I NEED TO GET , SET AND CHECK THE VARIABLE VALUE DEFINED WITH IN THE FUNCTION FROM OUT SIDE THE FUNCTION...
All, I have successfully traded forex with MetaTrader for a few years now. I would like to try to apply some of my strategies to the S&P 500. I'm curious if anyone can give me any pointers or links on how I can do this. If possible I would like to maintain the MT4 platform since I'm already used...
[Deleted]
Hi, here i explain this.  current hourly bar is 8:00 Now I need last hourly bar which is 7:00 high low timing in 1 minute time frame.  I mean,  there are 60 minutes for 1 hour candle. So I need a formula which will count that 7:00 hour high low timing in 1 minute chart from 7:00 to 7:59. I know...
[Deleted]
Hello all, Hopefully someone more intelligent at coding/MT4 than I can help me. I'm backtesting offline on MT4 with my own data. My broker's usual MINLOT and LOTSTEP = 0.01.   When offline, Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)); and Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)); both return 0.1. This...
I am missing something simple and I just cant see it. I need to import the values of this indicator into a EA
Hello, i have developed an EA for my application that lies ontop of MT4 for users. Is it possible to access a users notifications to send him messages via the MT4 notification tool on the mobile?
  Spam  (6)
Is there anything that can be done to reduce the amount of spam (advertising mostly illegal activities)? I never remember it being such a problem until a few months back. I know that moderators can't be online 24x7, but perhaps instigate a vetting process for new members for their first 'x' posts?
screenshot: http://c2n.me/3kaL4IA Hi you see the price is way under my sell limit i should take profit but mt4 just didnt executed it.
Hello, I want to make indicator to draw vertical line at certain date and certain time, but I don't get a line. What is wrong ? If I look at objects list after inserting indicator, I find Vertical line with date parameters: 1970.01.01 00:00Thanks,Edward
Please let me create a new thread for this topic as there are too many versions of code in the old thread. I've updated the code files as the latest versions as enclosed.    1. According to the EA, an old order should be closed and a new order should be open just 1 bar later than the signal....
  Forum Etiquette  (2)
While the forum is supposed to be a place to get help with a problem you are having with either MQL4 or MT4, and a place to be able to help others with problems, there are some steps that every forum user can do to help all of us.  First off, remember that we are here by our choice, volunteers for...
[Deleted]
Here is how to get MetaTrader4 (MT4) Forex trading platforms to work under Mac OS X. Requirement: You must be using a Mac with the Intel Duo Core Processor. 1. Download CrossOver Download a 30-day trial version of CrossOver from CodeWeavers at
Hi, i am trying here to build a martingale sequence by using buy stops for the buy cycle. Basically, if price goes down, i open buy stops so when price goes up , the pending will be market. However, i need only one buy stop to be active. My logic is as follows, if signal is valid and there is no...
I read through the post/article at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1402 but one thing I am wondering which I am not sure about, even given the guidelines there.  What if the person publishing the article here already published it somewhere else, like on their own website, before submitting it to...
I would like this indicator to alert me on current candle and not after candle closes because I'm trading 60 seconds. Please help... //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| binary alert based on RSI+MFI+Demarker...
[Deleted]
They do not seem to follow the MQL5 behaviour. Whatever I set, the higher number takes control of the visible output. #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_plots 1 does the same as #property indicator_buffers 1 #property indicator_plots 3
[Deleted]
Hello sirs, please I want an indicator to keep my vertical price scale display at the right hand side to maximum of 8 display across all time frames whether chart zoomed or not . Hope someone understands my point.
How to subtract previous bars value of 1st buffer with current bars value of the same buffer and show the result in the 2nd buffer? please someone help me
In build 840 MT4 the pending order expiry function does not delete the order when the time expires. edit - posted in mq5 forum under New MetaTrader 4 Build 840: Improvements and Fixes