mql4 source editor would not open my source file

Metaquotes just updated all my mql4 platforms to new build 880. Now I can not open my source code with the editor, going usual way from open data folder.

I hope this bug won't last too long. Any work around?

7325453863:

Metaquotes just updated all my mql4 platforms to new build 880. Now I can not open my source code with the editor, going usual way from open data folder.

I hope this bug won't last too long. Any work around?

I don't know about 880, I am still 840.

I right click on the name in the navigator window of the platform and click "Modify" which opens the Editor and the file for editing.

Or, in the Editor Ctrl D to open the Editor navigator window. 

That is how I always did long time ago before "open data folder" came. Now when I try that I first get the impression that source code file is going to open.

But nothing happens and like it ignores the "modify" request. Same way it happens in going thru "Open data folder". Editor simply does not open the source file.

No error message. Nothing.

I assume that you are trying to open the mq4, not ex4 for editing?

Try opening the mq4 with Word or Notepad or similar and copy and paste into the editor. 

I am working on my ea for 8 years so I should know you can not open ex4 files for editing. It is really the mql4 editor that simply does not open in the new version.

Somehow mql4 editor seems to invoke but simply exit with doing anything. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

If you have another MT4 platform that has not been updated, you could try copying the metaeditor.exe from that into the data folder and rename the existing one.

I've just checked the opening of mq4 file from windows explorer. The file was been opened successfully. 

Which operation system is installed on your PC?

I don't know what is exactly happened, but is it seems like the operation system is unable to open .mq4 file, because of setting of the application to open .mq4 file, or this setting might be absent or might has wrong value.

Try to right click on the .mq4 file in windows explorer and select "Open with" in context menu, then select the metaeditor exe file, which you are usually used.

I have window 7 premium operating system for long time and nothing has changed there except routine updates which also has not happened recently.

This happened only after my platforms were updated to build 880. I shut down and restarted a couple of times hoping that trouble may go away.

I use 3 brokers and same problem everywhere. Is there a way to go back to original build?

7325453863:

I have window 7 premium operating system for long time and nothing has changed there except routine updates which also has not happened recently.

This happened only after my platforms were updated to build 880. I shut down and restarted a couple of times hoping that trouble may go away.

I use 3 brokers and same problem everywhere. Is there a way to go back to original build?

Could you attach here the log file of client terminal for the day when the terminal was been upgraded to 880 build?

Thanks Gumrai and Alexvd for helping. My problem seems to have been solved. I have altogether 9 terminals on my laptop. I have master source file in one terminal and other 8 have a copy of this source

file with a different name. What I noticed is that everytime I tried to open my master source file, nothing happened but after a while a blank editor screen shows up with a source file name that is

a copy with different name. Screen is blank and it says metaeditor not responding. So I go to task manager and end the task. So what I did is I went thru all other 8 terminals where there is a copy of

source file and deleted the source file. Now miraculously editor opened my master source which I promptly copied and pasted in a notepad file just in case something unholy happens.

Reason: