MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 632

I have been using the production Metatrader 4 from metatrader4.com for some back testing of EAs. (Not tied to a broker MT4). Therefore, I get regular updates of the latest release. I kind of like that. So this is not a complaint. I noticed that with the latest update Build 851, the first time an...
Hi. Please help me how I can open my platform on the last tool bar settings. I used to have that but something changed and now I the platform does not open on the last setting.
Hi. when I open MT4 platform the last setting of tool bars does not hold. Please advise me what has gone wrong.
Hi all, I am interested to hear thoughts regarding back-testing of trading ideas and "how much is enough". Suppose one has a trading idea and uses historical trading data to back-test it, how many trades or weeks of history are sufficient for the data/conclusions about the system to be meaningful?...
[Deleted]
Can you explain the difference between tick_volume and real_volume in struct MqlRates?
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am trying to Convert a Strength Indicator to Buffer out/Draw Out Result Of Multiple Pairs not just the main Symbol()...But, am having problem doing that.... I saw So many peoples using this and i think if we could convert it to Cluster Type it would be Cooler... #property...
This is the part of my coding in my EAs that is giving me some headaches. This will check if there is free margin to open the position, but seems is failing in some brokers that are using Stopoutmode==1. This is the only part of the coding that I didnt make it, seems that checking free margin was...
[Deleted]
I want draw different colors for different Situations. Example: if(MACD_Value == 100.0)   {   string Col = "Green";  Order_Close(Col); } if(MACD_Value == 0.0) { string Col = "Red"; Order_Close(Col); }      -------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Functions:...
Hi all, I noticed that even if I use fixed price points to draw a trendline, going to the lower timeframes could result in a mess. Here you can see a trendline I drew on the H4 chart. You can clearly see which points I used to draw it. The "problem-area" is marked with a yellow box: Now the same...
[Deleted]
  iCustom Question  (3)
Can anyone show me the correct way to input a value from a previous period via iCustom? For example, is the last value of the iCustom call , the shift from the current period? double BuffA = iCustom ( NULL , 0 , "Indicator" , 0 , 0 ); Should the call for a value of the previous candle / period be
Hi, all! I'm using Markets.com as Forex broker to test my EAs. I'm using iLowest() and iHighest() in my EA for the first time, this way: g_iMaxBar = iHighest(NULL, ANALYSIS_PERIOD, MODE_HIGH, 10, 1); g_iMinBar = iLowest(NULL, ANALYSIS_PERIOD, MODE_LOW , 10, 1); dMaxValue = iHigh(NULL
[Deleted]
I set my email alerts during the night to wake me up if a trade is setup. My alertsdo not work for some reason when my computer sits for several hours. They workfine when I am on my computer. I have turned off hibernate, standby, and screensavers. Does anyone have experience with this problem ? thx...
Hello All, I want to do a step by step check of the results of my EA. I want to output the variables somewhere i can later on refer to. Can some please guide me here? If i use the print function will it store in the journal files?   -Cheers!! 
Hi all ,  I am trying to create a trailing stop strategy with Heiken Ashi indicator , using it's High/Low value on previous bar (bar[1]) .  All i need is the instruction that will generate the High/Low value . Any suggestion will be highly appreciated . Thank you .   
Hi there, When I run the below code I get error code 1 i.e. ERR_NO_RESULT - No error returned, but the result is unknown.  Would appreciate any advice as to how to resolve that. Cheers, B. Ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,LotSize,EntryLevel,3,SL,TP1,NULL,0...
How to add order comment that will show up on the ticket ?  (not for internal reference) 
int Total = OrdersTotal (); double BalanceUsed = AccountBalance(); double Balance; for ( int i = 0 ; i < Total; i++) { OrderSelect (i,SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if (OrderType() == OP_BUY || OrderType() == OP_SELL) { Balance = Balance - OrderProfit(); } } for
Hi Coders! Is is possible to get the XSIZE of a LABEL OBJECT? I tried this code: label_object_xsize = ObjectGetInteger(0,object_name,OBJPROP_XSIZE); But I got this error message: Unknown object property Thank you in advance. Relative
  Enumerate  (1)
Has any one used enumerated outside of months and years as variable and it worked successful on EA?
those well running custom indicator does not work!!!!!!!
New article Price Action. Automating the Inside Bar Trading Strategy has been published on mql5.com: The article describes the development of a MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor based on the Inside Bar strategy, including Inside Bar detection principles, as well as pending and stop order setting rules....
[Deleted]
Indicator Trend Detector : http://www.4shared.com/file/125550742/c48330e7/detector.html Detailed Statement : 1st Account : http://www.powereconomic.uni.cc/forex/DetailedStatement%20-%201%20-%2016092009.htm 2nd Account : http://www.powereconomic.uni.cc/forex/DetailedStatement%20-%202%20-%2016092009...
[Deleted]
  Expert Advisor: I need help.  (19   1 2)
Hi guys, i´m a new coder and started programming a new ea. But i have a problem: My order doesn´t get send. The mt4 backtest says: invalid stoploss #130. I searched an found out, that i need to convert my signal. I want the Stoploss some points (variable) below the SuperTrend-Indicator. So look...
[Deleted]
Problem - I wish to keep my charts at M5, but every time at expiry they ALL change to M15 I've ask my broker but he doesn't know why its happening as well. Help  
how do I do can run two or more mt4 terminal program and I can use excel to recive data form this two mt4
int Crossed (double line1 , double line2){static int last_direction = 0;static int current_direction = 0;if(line1>line2)current_direction = 1; //upif(line1<line2)current_direction = 2; //downif(current_direction != last_direction) //changed{last_direction = current_direction;return...
I'm trying to come up with a real simple piece of code that just shows me the number of minutes / hours that I'm in an open position. Basically what I know I should do is use TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime()   But this gives me a Time formatted value from year 1970. I'd rather just have a number of...
hi, i was just wondering if there is a special way to get a trend line value (OBJ_TREND) for example trend line bar with shift=5 or should i use an afine function like y=ax+b ? edit : i didn't search enough. here is the solution double price=ObjectGetValueByShift("MyTrendLine#123", 11);
I build an Expert ,but it open a lot of orders at the same time. How can I make it to open just one order. please.     void OnTick()      {     int total=OrdersTotal();      for(int pos=0;pos<total;pos++)           if(OrderSelect(pos,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))      OrderProfit();      int...