MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 588

Hi,   I'm currently having troubles with replicating the equation used by ObjectGetValueByShift. I think I'm having trouble getting the algebra correctly. I've been using this site as a source; https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/line-equation-point-slope.html , but I can't wrap my head around it....
Hi guys. Since I started using MT4,after I download something with utorrent,the MT changes the connection status speed to around 200/2 kb and when I try to place an order,it shows me the "No connection" error.To make it work again properly,I must uninstall and install again the MT4, but after I use...
Hello people!! Why some programmers put the "!" before a function ?? example: !isPositionOpen() and isPositionOpen() What do the different "!" ??   thanks for help! =]
hi guys im triing to open orders if a spwcified prices between highs and lows is reached, but the ea does not open orders. the findentry and buyconditionis called every tick, can someone help me to get this snall snippet working? ist there maybe a problem with the speed of the whole program, i have...
hello, i like to know where the platform take the data when i use iMA function? i delete all my ex4/mq4/mqh files from the platform, but when i call the iMA function from new indicator its still working... where the data is comeing from?  tnx  
New article Graphical Interfaces I: Functions for the Form Buttons and Deleting Interface Elements (Chapter 4) has been published on mql5.com: This article is the continuation of the first part of the series about graphical interfaces. The first article Graphical Interfaces I: Preparation of the...
[Deleted]
  Histogram buffers  (19   1 2)
Can someone please confirm how histogram buffers are used when writing custom indicators? I have already created an indicator that draws a line on the chart window. I now want to add histogram markers above and below the line in two different colours(green above, and red below, for instance). Can...
New article Studying the CCanvas Class. Anti-aliasing and Shadows has been published on mql5.com: An anti-aliasing algorithm of the CCanvas class is the base for all constructions where anti-aliasing is being used. The article contains information about how this algorithm operates, and provides...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys new to this. spent hours on line with no insight. How do I get my charts to show 5 day NY close. I am in UK using a UK spread bet broker (No help from there). Ive tried reloading  MT4 from US sites But keep getting asked for a proxy server??? Rgds Egan
[Deleted]
Hi I’m using FOREXer4 on my dell Vostro 1000 lap top runningwindows 7 and when I close a window itreopens again and again, it’s like that the program presses the enter key automaticallyafter closing a window because when I close a window and click on the otherside of the page it won’t pop-up again....
Have an unbalance here somewhere,    {                          if (Order == SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY && (EachTickMode && !TickCheck)) && (!EachTickMode && (Bars!== BarCount)                 OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), Bid, Slippage, MediumSeaGreen);                 + DoubleToStr(Bid, Digits) +...
Hey guys, Was wondering if any body has the source code for the Fibonacci expansion tool? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Dean 
I'm trying to configure dratfa http://darwins-fx-tools.com/manual.php?intro&i1 for mt4 build 950. I've been able to do everything except download "mql.exe", the compiler. Where can I find it? Will it work if datfra was created for build 600-? Anyone can give me a heads up on this?
Hi All, I'm not new to trading, but I'm new to using expert advisors. The one I have lets me change all kinds of settings, SL, TP, TS, risk, etc.... My question is this: say my EA places a trade and I lose power or lose internet connection. When it's restored, does the EA remember the SL or TP or TS...
[Deleted]
Hello.  I took some Custom Indicator code from out there that was drawing lines across the chart window. Even though the lines "belong" to the indicator, when I right-clicked in the chart to place orders, it simply worked. Wherever I right-clicked, even if the cursor was directly at one of the lines...
[Deleted]
I am using iCustom to call an indicator that has a dropdown as an input. I don't have the source code to the indicator. If the dropdown box contains 3 values with comment descriptions I can of course guess that the values behind the scenes are 0, 1 and 2, and for example pass in 2 if I want to use...
  Error 130 Help  (3)
Hello guys, just started learning MQL4 programming 2 days ago and I decided to code out an EA based on a strategy that I used to trade after watching some tutorial videos online. It is still quite raw and needs a lot of adjustment. However, when I run the EA (it should at least work for the Order...
The idea is simple: EA gives buy signal I take call option with expire on next candle. Has anybody tried something like that?
Hello! I want to learn how to use Stochastic in a EA. But failed to find a sample EA with Stochastic. Can anyone help me ? Hope it's a simple one…enough for me to learn how to put a Stochastic in my EA would be great. Thanks a lot
hello mql4s ppl, sry for my noob quistion. but im stuck on this for 3 days now, il be heppey to be resque. i have indicador "A" that send exteralbuffer like that: #property indicator_label1 "USD Blue" #property indicator_type1 DRAW_LINE #property indicator_color1 clrDodgerBlue #property
[Deleted]
Hello gurus................ Teaching myself MT4 after many years of non coding (old enough that I learnt using FORTRAN!!!) and I'm trying to write some code that will analyse what I'm calling "non standard bar history". Essentially, I want to find the last N bars (N would be say 4 to 16 typically)...
[Deleted]
Colleagues, please advise me on one thing. How can I programmatically go through all the instruments that are selected in the "Market Watch" window in the script? Thanks in advance
Hi,  I would like to ask somebody with experience here if this is fake result or not..? I am receiving  signals from a trader and Yesterday he said his SL did not get hit and mine did. On the chart, the price slightly neared the SL, did not touch it, but with spread, it should be closed... As a...
New article Graphical Interfaces I: Animating the Graphical Interface (Chapter 3) has been published on mql5.com: This article is the continuation of the first part of the series about graphical interfaces. The first article Graphical Interfaces I: Preparation of the Library Structure (Chapter 1)...
[Deleted]
 my leverage is 1:1000 but the signal I'm going to subscribe is 1:500, can i still subscribe it? what is the difference between mql4 and mal5 signals, I use metatrader 4 platform can i subscribe to mql5 signals?Last one, shoul i let my pc on( Or use a vps) after subscribe a signal? 
[Deleted]
  MT4 DLL Question  (2)
I have just been writing a  test DLL . I have a question regarding the arraycopyrates function. When arraycopyrates is used to pass address of mqlrates array structure is this pointer then fixed for the duration of EA execution? i.e. can we safey just use arraycopyrates in the EA init function...
Hello every one .I need some help on This EA. Can some body adjust code for me. What I need is No 1: EA open first trade either Buy or Sell by itself. No 2:Second trade open by Ea is  as Pending order i.e (First trade buy second  trade in Buy_Limit or First Trade Sell and second trade in Sell_Limit)...
Heey. This forum is GREAT!!!! Tanks Brothers! I'm new to MQL, and I'm a big doubt. the code below inserts a market order if the sale price and the purchase is above or below the average. I would like to know how to make a candle is above or below average send the order.   Sorry if there are gross...
The first EA I'm trying to understand, is the MT4 Example EA of Moving Average.  A quite simple one, now I finally understand it. Now I'm trying to add stop loss to this EA. Only a practice. But always failed. What's wrong with my stop loss, it should be like a number like 300 points stop loss, or...
<Russian Content deleted>  1. return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked 1.mq4 4 4                            2.  function must return a value                         1.mq4 5 4                            0 error(s), 2 warning(s), compile time: 967 msec...