Accessing values in a buffer array

I have a buffer array named JPY_Band[] and another named CHF_Band[]. I want to subtract the value in the first index from the value in the first index of the other. Something like this

double result = JPY_Band[1] - CHF_Band[1]

this is not giving me what I expect. In fact it's not returning anything. what would the proper way be to do this?

SirFency:

I have a buffer array named JPY_Band[] and another named CHF_Band[]. I want to subtract the value in the first index from the value in the first index of the other. Something like this

this is not giving me what I expect. In fact it's not returning anything. what would the proper way be to do this?

The first index is always 0

SirFency: this is not giving me what I expect. In fact it's not returning anything. what would the proper way be to do this?
  1. There are no mind readers here.
  2. Impossible. Either it results with a value, or you have Array Exceeded in the journal.
  3. You already did.
Do you really expect an answer? We can't see your broken code. There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Use the debugger or print out your variables, and find out why.

Actually this is working. After lots of testing this appears to be a legitimate way to subtract one index of an array from another.
Reason: