MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 406

Hello, I've been looking all over the forums and documentation and I cant find any information on my problem. I want to count the time in hours since a specific action was taken. I want it to be easily reset able and manipulable. Is there a particular "Count Time" function that I can use?  I am...
Hi, is there a snippet how to find the current used Symbol? I want to do that if for e.g Symbol = EURUSD than do something. If USDJPY do something. How can i handle that easy?
Hello. I have 4 MT4 on one VPS and all of a sudden I can't see anything in the market tab. I am logged in to mql5 and can see my Balance in the upper right, but the window is just blank. I can't see any Experts or Indicators. Not in any of my 4 MT4 installations. They used to work before, because I...
I got this function that selects the latest open  order .Now I want to determine whether this order is a buy or sell, how do i proceed from here? Will this work? if LastOpenTicket() == OP_BUY ) the Do this...... ) My question is , will the programme be able to tell if the last open  ticket is a buy...
[Deleted]
This is my first post!! In the MACD Sample EA included with MT4, what do the Open Level 3 & Close Level 2 actually mean? I have only been practiceing for 3 months and would to try an EA
  EA work on Renko chart ?  (13   1 2)
I am just wondering if there are any special code for Renko chart? I mean the same icustom is used for Renko chart? double Buff1=iCustom(NULL,TimeScale,"Renko indi",1,1);//buy In renko chart, how about TImeScale? If EA attached on renko chart , TImeScale =?? Also what about icustom shift?  Shift...
Hello, I've tried for many hours to figure out what's going on with my code on this. From my understanding, I can code into a customer indicator in *.mq4 format to open my *.ex4 customer indicator. If this is incorrect, please correct me.  So now, here is the code I have been implementing using...
Hello, I am working on an index indicator based from this one : https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9780 I really need to get the HIGH and LOW's values (from the subwindow) of each day then i will be able to draw boxes (with OBJ_RECTANGLE). I know how to get it from the price's chart to draw boxes on the...
Hello every one, I am working on a indicator based on this one : https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9780 I am modifying it in histogram version by changing : "DRAW_LINE" with "DRAW_HISTOGRAM" . My problem is that my code, drawing all histogram bars in one color dependig on the current candle's color...
[Deleted]
I know that this question has been asked before, but I can't get it to work. I hope someone can help. From my custom EA, I want to programmatically add my custom indicator to a subwindow of the chart the EA was added to. I've managed to do this in MQL5 with ChartIndicatorAdd. So, I have my indicator...
How to write a new line in Comment() MQL4 question thanks
I would like to kindly ask you about the broker´s side of Meta Trader 4 - I mean the server.  As I wouldn´t like to have any troubles with the brokers in terms of overloading their server/servers, my question is: Can I send tens of orders (eg. twenty times 15 lots) to the broker´s server in the time...
My mt4 doesnt work in windows 10. My windows 10 has update, and i use the version mt4 Activtrades. I tried reisntall, but doent work. What i need do to open my mt4?
Is there a way to set the account number in my mq4 file so it will be locked to just a specific account number when compiling the ex4 file? So, if I want to share one EA with someone and lock it to their account number. I guess it should be a short line of code, but couldn't find anything about it.
I try to execute a script and after the message SUCCESSFULLY LOADED it gets REMOVED . Why
why these candles appear in meta quotes demo account ? is it normal ? but we test many EA on this account and we found much differences when we  use another brokers one
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a function in MQL4 that returns a color of a specific indicator's buffer. Something like PlotIndexGetInteger(plotNr,PLOT_LINE_COLOR) in MQL5. I know there is a constant indicator_colorN but if I change the color in the input window (tab colors) the indicator_colorN is...
I'm testing an EA in the strategy tester. To get a graphical representation of it, I also added an indicator, a simple indicator that warns me when the bid price breaks the lower or upper limits of a donchian channel. In real time, the indicator works perfectly, but in the strategy tester the...
Hi, Hi need to preserve a string variable from reset when I change TF. GlobalVariableSet is not a solution for me because I need to apply more times the same indicator on the chart with different properties, so to work correctly the GlobalVariable should have a different name for each indicator...
I want to backtesting my EA with the period of weekly or monthly, but I only can find the period selection only from M1 to Daily !
Hey all! Does anyone know of an effective way that I could extract the trade history from strategy tester after it is complete, into excel? I am currently doing this manually at the moment, but is a very long process when I am back-testing on 20+ pairs... Is it possible to use Macro's within excel...
Not sure whats going on, adding one makes it an empty controlled statement. Help please. double lastClose; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //insuring its a new candle function //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ bool
Hi, Im backtesting my strategy under different TP/SL and indicator parameters (as period), so i run a backtesting, i take note of results, then i change my code (TP for example) and run it again to compara with previous results and get optimal profit parameters. I was wondering if i can configurate...
Hi friends, I usually need to change my indicator extern variable's value in order to change my indicator setting and redraw the indicator with the newly set variables. Now for the purpose of saving my time, I'd like to use the objects to change my extern variable's value by only a simple click on...
[Deleted]
Hi Is there any way I can hide external inputs and set them to false as default? It will be much easier than modding code. I dont want the customer to see these in the inputs.. but i still want them set to false. extern bool PA8=false; extern bool PA50=false; extern bool PA200=false;
I've been reading mql4 documentation, but I still don't understand this well. If I set the period to one hour, does ontick event run every second as the name tick indicate or does ontick even run every hour as I set in the period? Sorry for the stupid question, I'm not really good at this
  Previous tick's value  (39   1 2 3 4)
I, a custom indicator , just got a new tick and am currently in Start already. I need to find out whether I am to move up from the previous tick or down. Where do I fetch this information
  MT4 History  (2)
Hey, guys, what's the difference between ...\tester\history and ...\history\BROKER? I ask this because the archives located in ...\tester\history have more than 200GB!
Hi folks!  I was wondering if there's a way to create a custom Drawing Tool for Metatrader 4 (or 5); concretely something like R:R ratios, Harmonic Patterns, etc. I know that reading in depth the documentation something will come up but I also wanted to know if someone already tried and succeeded....
Hi, how can i change position of this? ObjectCreate("HEADER",OBJ_RECTANGLE_LABEL,0,0,0);ObjectSet("HEADER",OBJPROP_CORNER,1);ObjectSet("HEADER",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,270);ObjectSet("HEADER",OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,30);ObjectSet("HEADER",OBJPROP_XSIZE,260);ObjectSet("HEADER",OBJPROP_YSIZE...