MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 410

hello, so i included the #include <stdlib.mqh>   i wanna use the std::map from this tutorial http://thispointer.com/stdmap-tutorial-part-1-usage-detail-with-examples/   but when i trying to write std::map<std::string, int> mapOfWords; i getting errors ...   please can somebody help me that uses c++...
[Deleted]
Hello, dear users! It is necessary to read the messages in the terminal from alerts. Reading log files is not suitable, because there messages are updated with delays. I understand that it is necessary to use libraries, I'm unfortunately not strong in this. Perhaps someone has ready examples or...
Hi I am new to linux but I have managed to run MT4 on Linux and so far I am happy because it consumes less resources. I am having trouble when restarting the MT4, the attached EA suddenly disappear from the chart. I have to re-attach it again and it's not looking good for the trade if there is open...
New article Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them has been published: Some older programs can return errors in the new version of the MQL4 of compiler. To avoid critical completion of programs, the previous version compiler handled many errors in the runtime environment. For example,...
I'm trying to get the stop loss in my EA to auto set behind last three bars can someone show me how this is done, when complied I get error, not all control paths return a value how do I fix this? I have some idea that I have to use: return StopLossBuy;
hello, I made a simple EA that reads from a CSV and opens the orders, there would be the possibility to check if there are already open orders for a symbol
Hi, Could someone give me tips for this ? 1. Two MT4 are running on the same PC. (each terminal is working on a different account number but of the same broker and account type) 2. I want to create a Expert Advisor code that runs on one of these terminals (let's say 'terminal A') and monitor/operate...
Hi all! I've been trying to close all orders with my custom function CloseAllOrders  which works fine but cant seem to be triggered with the condition if(Bid==OrderTakeProfit()) as seen below in my code. What seems to be the problem? hoping for your help on this guys. Thanks....
Hi, Please coder do alert for this indicator. Thank you.
I need two code for my coming up EA... Before building it, I want to test an old ea with two conditions.. if you give me the code, I will be glad... Code it please.... EA will not take one more entry on same pair... Like if it takes one trade open from eurusd pair , until it is closed, no more
Hello everyone, Im making my first indicator and I dont understand why its not refreshing/calculating the first bar. The indicator works with no errors apparently. As soon as I drag the indicator to a chart, the whole buffer is ok, but the first bar is 0. And the next bars that will eventually feed...
Hi Is there a way to use mql4 to open 4 charts and tile them on the top of all other charts so that only these 4 charts are visible and equally sized in 2 rows and 2 columns? Thanks
Dear developers, My EA put 2 pending order before the news time. my broker is TRUE ECN and my account also TRUE ECN. I am using MT4. Buy Stop at : 67.70 Sell Stop at : 67.30 With the news time Sell order activated by moving 22pips. So it placed with next available price. Price 67.30 no longer...
Hello, I noticed that in order to read data from an attached chart, I can use CopyHigh() function, for example. Everything is OK when I try to get chart datas of a recent, for example datas of May 3 2018. But when I try to get chart data of an older date, for example May 3 2005, I always get 0.0...
good morning everyone, I created a simple EA that reads the positions from CSV and executes the orders. would it be possible to open positions of symbols other than just one EA? I try to explain myself better, create a script / EA and attack it to a chart, for example EURUSD, it would be possible...
given the following two arrays: string symbols[]=      {       "USDCHF","GBPUSD","USDJPY","EURUSD","AUDUSD","USDCAD","EURCHF","EURGBP",       "EURJPY","EURCAD","EURAUD","GBPCHF","GBPJPY","CHFJPY","NZDUSD","NZDJPY",       "CADCHF","EURNZD","AUDJPY","AUDCHF","AUDCAD","AUDNZD","CADJPY","USDSGD",...
hi i just downloaded indicators but they do not open up in my charts on mt4.  nothing happens when i run them am i doing something wrong?
Hello to everybody... I would like get the integer part of a double number, so I guessed to use the library function MathTrunc() (https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/mathematics/stat/mathsubfunctions/statmathtrunc) but such function is not recognized by the compiler. How could I use it ?
Can somebody help me how to make a program in MT4 for plotting dynamic horizontal line (such as for High/Low), dynamic vertical line (such as for date) to chart...?Thanks for any kindly help :)
I have loaded an EA on my mt4 platform.  When I try to put it in my chart I get an error message that says its in my library stdlib.exe4 When I go to the dependencies part of it I get a message under the library exe that says STRING ERROR DESCRIPTION (INT) Can somebody please help me fix this issue?...
MT4 Error code 4060. Can anyone tell me what the cause of this is.
Hello! i just got a much lower price on the stop sell price i placed. How do i set it on MT4 that if market price differs too much of an amount, orders will not be executed? Do i go to the Deviation setting on MT4? For the Deviation setting (i am on a 5 decimal place broker), say i set it to 30...
[Deleted]
As an example, I scan for fractals . As soon as a new fractal is formed an alert pops up. I do this on different timeframes. But when I open the terminal I would like to know where the last fractal is. So I have to loop back. But I need this loop just once. Then the indicator scans for real time
I'm using metatrader to deal Stock market assets. When I see the default value on the chart, do I see the BID VALUE or the ASK VALUE?
Or is a separate EA for every _Symbol or maybe _Period  better or more precise for some reason? Logic suggests using one EA is more efficient than attaching the same EA on 20 different charts because the simple act of loading many different charts seems to lag the platform. Is that all there's to...
Hi, all. I just wonder why I suffer slippage when I close the order. My OrderClose() function is like below. OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),TargetPrice,0,Red) As you can see, I defined the target price (like a limit order) and I allowed '0' for the slippage as I didn't want to close my order...
Hi all, I've read thru the MQL4 documentation and it all seem'd to be quite straightforward for developing own EA's or indicators. Anyway, I couldn't find any documentation on how to develope an EA or an indicator that would use data and from multiple time frames, for example 5M, 30M and 4H....
"The function returns the amount of bars not changed after the indicator had been launched last." What constitutes a 'change'? Can the fact of the bar closing be considered a 'change' - the bar was open, now it is closed... the bar was index 0, the bar is now index 1 - surely this is considered a...
Hi, I am trying to store highest and lowest values of a wave ( from zig zag) and copy into buffers. I am then comparing if it is a highest high and highest low from its previous then alert will display that it is an up trend but problem when I compare them I am not getting any alert, I think I am
I have a couple of MT4 running on my computer. I was just modifying some settings in one EA and all of a sudden MT4 shut down. I tried to start MT4 again, but nothing happened when double clicking the icon. I restarted my computer and tried to start the MT4 again, but with no luck. All the other 4...