History with pgup?

Hi,

When I open a new M1 chart (with no history yet on disk), by pressing pageup I can retrieve some rate history from the broker. According the history center, about 32768 bars can be downloaded this way. Where does this limit come from?

I think this method of retrieving is different from downloading from the MetaQuotes server ("download" button in the history center). And the limit seems unrelated to "max bars in history" or "max bars in chart" settings. Any ideas?

Thanks

When I try to download M1 data from the history center it won't let me.

"by pressing pageup I can retrieve some rate history from the broker"

Yes, I think you can retrieve all that the Dealer has to offer. Different Dealers have different lengths of history

"According the history center, about 32768 bars can be downloaded this way. Where does this limit come from?"

I think that is the limit for that Dealer for that timeframe. 32768 minutes is 22. 75 days. 32768 is also a "nice round number" in Computer terms. It can
be represented with 16 bits.

"I think this method of retrieving is different from downloading from the MetaQuotes server ("download" button in the history center)"

Yes, you download from your Dealer and not the Metaquotes dumpster.

"And the limit seems unrelated to "max bars in history" or "max bars in chart" settings. Any ideas?"

Again, you are ultimately limited by the number of bars the Dealer provides as a history for that timeframe. Note that really old data even from
your Dealer may just be just somebody elses price history they provide for your convenience. When did they start operations? Where does
the data they display for periods before that date come from?

Reason: