MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1640

Hi A question from a newbie! Can an EA also plot and indicator ... e.g. if I have a trading EA based on a simpleMA cross over can it plot the two moving averages as well as trade from them ? Thanks again Paul  
I can't seem to get the chart comments to respond to what the pending orders lotsizes are. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks for the help. Here is my code: double pendLotshort,pendLotlong; pendLotshort =0; pendLotlong =0; for(i = totalorders-1;i>= 0;i--) { OrderSelect(i...
Hi A real dumb question = how do I convert an integer to a string - the is a DoubleToStr function but no IntToStr Thanks Paul
[Deleted]
I've made a simple EA which works just fine when using it on a single pair and I'vebeen trying to figure out how to make it work with several pairs at the same time.I just can't get it right :) How do I make it keep track of which pair it is attached to and do multiple pairssimultaneously? Thanks,...
I have a number of signal processing algoritms I would like to implement in MQL4,but because they are computationally heavy I would like to be able to do partsin DLL's, especially matrix operations (like inversion -especially something likethe Boost libraries) and FFT's - using something like the...
[Deleted]
I want to make the EA open a new position every round of 50 pips for example, anyoneknows such EA
I have an IBFX demo acc and have been unable to adjust to Optimization values mainlythe max drawdown, the default is 70 I would like to change it to 30 but it revertsback to 70 when I press OK. I have tried all the usual fixes uninstall reinstall etc etc. Has anyone else had this problem? How do...
[Deleted]
thank you //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| ADX.mq4 |//| Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| http://www.metaquotes.net/...
[Deleted]
i upgraded to version 4 build 201 after been using build 200. but now i cannot backtest my strategy using my own fxt files; generated with thesimple_csv2fxt script on this site. can someone provide me with either a fix to the script or a download of build 200,please ?
MetaTrader 4 Mobile Userguide Has Been Released The Userguide contains full description of mobile terminal features and functionsand includes the following sections: Getting Started: terminal installation and startup, opening of accounts, authorizationsystem, LiveUpdate system; Terminal Settings:...
Hi Everyone, Does anyone have the full executable install code for builds 201 & 202 (mt4setup.exe). I am using FXDD version. The new builds of 203 and 204 are doing some strangethings to my EA. I am partnering with a Forex web site to keep a library of the various versionsthat can be freely...
[Deleted]
  Experts Opinion  (3)
hi all I developed an Expert system which runs on EUR/USD - daily graph. I ran back testing, choosing "every tick" option started from 1999. attach there is result report I would like to hear experts opinion and comments. Thank you.
Does any body know if there is an example of calculating the no. of lots to tradeon a cross currency fx. Assuming account is in USD and I am trading GBP-YEN andI want for example to have a stop loss of 50 pips which will be a 2% loss on thefund if it gets stopped out? I can do the calculation but...
Hi I'm a bit new to this ... can anybody tell me how to place an order in a EA withouta stop loss or profit tarket Thanks Paul
I need to proceed the template files .tpl and I want to know where can I find it XML schema and other description. As I can see it includes some XML tags and parameters lists enclosed in them
[Deleted]
I am trying to get mql4 to create a horizontal line between two points in time.It should NOT extend the whole width of the chart. Is there any way to do this?? Here is a sample of my code ObjName = GetName("SSTD", i); // ObjectCreate(ObjName, OBJ_HLINE, 0, NULL, SetupSHiPrice );...
Hi everybody, I heard that MT4 client works (EA too) on pocket pc phone editor withwindows pocket pc 5; is it true? Anybody use this all-in-one system to trade? Ifyes, which kind of PDA do you use? Thanks Bolla
[Deleted]
I'm still trying to get my first ea to work properly. The strategy is to open atrade when EMA9 crosses EMA41 by 3 points and close when EMA9 crosses back overEMA17 by 3 points. I'm using StopLoss = 20, take profit = 180. I think I've masteredeverything, but it doesn't seem to be opening trades...
[Deleted]
I am trying to program TrailingStop without using OrderModify(), anyone can help ?
I'm working on an alert indicator that I would like to print the local time (central time USA) not server time on the chart when the alert occured. I've got the alert working to print out BULL ALERT on the chart window but I'd like to have it say BULL ALERT AT 18:43:35 (my local time). How would
[Deleted]
I am looking for a breakout advisor I used before but cannot seem to find it. Thestrategy is: You set it to look back 15 candles on a 15 minute chart and see if the Highs andlows do not exceed 30 pips. If that criteria is met then it puts in a straddle(buystop, sellstop) 20 pips above and below the...
Hi, I wounder if it is possible to change the symbol of a active chart, eg from Eurusdto UsdJpy. I want to make screenshots of all of my history trades, but I stuck here. br fari
Hi. It´s possible to shift a iMA with negative values but using the iMA function? The standard MA of MT let you shift into negative. Setting SMA 20, shift -10 you obtain a 20 MA delayed by 10 days. But apply this to iMA seems to no work . According with the sets I suppose the code should be:...
[Deleted]
Hey all, I'm new here, but hopefully you guys can help. I developed some software called Napstex some time ago. The basic idea is to allowfor streamlined communication between traders (open orders by user/channel, orderhistory, chat window, etc.) While the software works fine and there is still...
Hello, -for what is the "Toogle Breakpoint" -how do I use him Sensibly?
Hi It there a hard copy of the full documentation anywhere that I can print off soI can read it on my train journey to/from work Thanks Paul
[Deleted]
how one can read MQL4 reference in MetaEditor? The font is way to large to fit inthe ToolBox area? Can anyone figure out what to do?
[Deleted]
  who can help me  (2)
i want to aumated asctrend indicator , i think its indicator very good for automatedtrading system thanks before
There are 2 threads in the EA files section on the Profit Generator from holyguy, but there seems to be a third thread buried somewhere else. There is a link to it in one of the other threads, but I cannot get to it elsewhere. It's the longest thread but seems to have petered out. I'm starting a new...
Hello MQL4 coders, My question should be very basic but after reading the MQL4 docs and searchingthis forum I did not find an answer. I have my Expert Advisor which needs to launch a script that I have writen andget result of the calculation. The reason why I want to use a script is that theEA is...