MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1537

Hey all, All of a sudden yesterday, most of the available symbols disappeared. I only have 5 symbols to display charts of. I went to Market Watch window and right clicked and selected Show All, but nothing happened. The only symbols I have to choose from are EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, GOLD and...
[Deleted]
The following code draws a short horizontal trendline from the top (Close) of the last candle towards the left for about 5 bars. Is there any way to extend the trendline towards the right a few bars beyond the last bar (just a few bars, not into infinity)? objName = "TESTTrendLine"; if...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Registration is Coming to Its End has been published. The 19th of September 2008 is the closing date of registration for participation in the third annual Automated trading Championship. Stanislav Starikov, the Jury member from...
[Deleted]
  iMA function  (1)
Does anyone know what is the maximum number the variable "shift" can take? (i.e. what is the maximum number of moving average history can i call?) double iMA(string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift) Thanks.
Is there an editor feature to do this?
[Deleted]
  Signal Current  (2)
Quick question for an expert advisor. I don't meant to get too untechnical, but I want a trade to open when the RED signal line in the MACD chart goes be.ow the level of the current bar. In my code, in the section for opening a long position, if i write: MacdCurrent>SignalCurrent and...
[Deleted]
  Send Error 0  (6)
Can anyone tell me why Send Error 0 is sometimes produced? The Error Codes section of Help indicate it means no error, so why does it show up? Thanks, Deane
Starting from today on the MQL4 Community web site we have launched RSS channelsfor quick and easy notification of its users for the updates and changes on thesite. What is RSS? RSS – is а information delivery service, where YOU can read news in chronological order from YOUR selectedweb sites. One...
Hi, does it mean after today, no more moderator checking
[Deleted]
Hi, i have a problem with my EA: the ea have to open all day at 8:00 and 9:00 orders. The problem is that the ea want to open 2 or 3 or more orders at the same time: in the jornal he writes: TradeDispatcher: trade context is busy. Thank you for Help
[Deleted]
Hello, Could the Expert Advisor perceive a keyboard pressing? So could the Expert Advisor get some data during it's operation from the keyboard? Thanks for your help.
  moderator check  (4)
Hi if there is no tick in the moderator check box, does it mean there is problem in the EA submission ? How to figure what are the problems? Thanks for advice
[Deleted]
Hello, I have an expert that has string variables that I am generating at runtime and would like to parse these and evaluate it as an expression? How am I able to do this? For example: string strIForce = "iForce(\"GBPJPY\", 0, 13, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0)"; double iForceDbl = 0; iForceDbl=...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I need help on this, if someone know how to fix the problem, please tell me. I´m making a script to open several orders with the same SL and diferent TP, the problem it´s that sometimes it works well and opens all the order and sometimes not given a return error 129 (Invalid price)...
[Deleted]
my ea made about 4000% in 6 years but started lossing last year please can someone help me check the ea and see if there is something wrong with it. it uses daily time frame gbpusd and places many trades with 5 pip stop loss and 25 pip take profit
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have a question about the championship. I do have this reply expert takes too long time (more than 5 minutes) 5 min 46 seconds Errors: 1 I believe that it is because the EA takes info from other currencies for trading, therefore you can´t backtest it, we all know that (unless I'm...
Is there anyone who knows how to add INR(Indian Rupees) in ODL platform? How can we add this. Thanks in advance.
I wonder if the task is to make sendorder () function in accounts demo? I am using the function in an indicator, not in an EA.
Hello! I have a question about the rules, firstly quote the paragraph: "Make at least 5 informed trades in the first 8 months (2008.01.01 - 2008.08.01) of the check and 3 months of the competition". I do not understand the meaning of the word conscious! What does it mean
[Deleted]
Hi, It is my first post. I want to ask, how I can draw line that shows highest for example High value since last order. I calculate this value in EA this way: double max_high() { double val = 0; datetime dt = OrderOpenTime(); int higst = 0; int shift = iBarShift(NULL,sh+0, dt ); higst...
Hi! My account is in USD and I trade in EURGBP. I would like to calculate for example the margin for an order. That's why I need the Bid or Ask price of the GBPUSD. I tried to use the MarketInfo() function to get it. I used this code: double gbpusd_ask = MarketInfo("GBPUSD",MODE_ASK) ; But I have a...
[Deleted]
Anyway to load a custom template from an EA?  Something like: int init(){   LoadTemplate(MyTemplate);} ??
[Deleted]
Hallo outhere I im new to the MetaTrader and EA. I am fascinated about it ....very...very... Now I have downloaded free EA and also compilated it but i dont have this EA on my activ EA list and cant activate it on chart. Can someone tell me what I`m doing wrong? God blessings Crnogorac
hello, Could any body tell me please how to detect if the new candle have different color than the previous one, i'd like to do this on heikin ashi indicator Thanks in advance
So far I can attach an EA to a chart, tick allow live trading, and can see the smiley face in the top-right corner. After that, nothing. What is supposed to happen next? What can I check to see what is happening or not happening? Should there be a pop-up window or something? I can find plenty of
[Deleted]
  Fibo extensions  (2)
Hi Guys, can anyone explain how to show on the fib lines the relevant price in relation to the retracement? does that make sense to anyone? Example VT shows this on there fib lines, and it would be a great enhancement for me on MT4. Thanks in advance Onelukey
[Deleted]
Is it possible to set up the navigator favorites tab to execute scripts by double clicking on them like in the common tab area? At the moment, double clicking just launches the script in editor, but it seems executing the scripts would be a more convenient, especially since launching in editor can...
[Deleted]
It would be very easy for the people who created MT to add a feature that would download our EA code to our brokers.  Especially since usually EA code isn't very big, not bigger than 100K most of the time.  Is there anybody here who has hecked into the MT4 code to see if this can happen or not?
Good day all. Given some code to save an indicator's variables to a file, is there any alternative to incorporating it in the indicator? Can a script accede to an indicator's variables? Including or importing might help but, as the indicator is attached to several pairs, I'm hoping to keep the