MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1539

[Deleted]
I'm trying out the demo and sometimes when I put in the atp it works and is placed and other times it never gets entered even though the atp in the box has it checked . Am I doing something wrong
[Deleted]
Hi, I want to do a simple thing (so I thought). I want to simply open (launch) an external program from an EA. (not in the EA) So just for exampe purposes. Let us say I wanted to open Microsoft word when a certain thing happens in the EA. I have doen this before but I cannot find the script, I have...
[For example] Last three candles has the following values: _________________________________________ [3 candle] Open 1.1234 Close 1.1249 [2 candle] Open 1.1249 Close 1.1280 [3 candle - current candle] Ask: 1.1285 Bid: 1.1284...
[Deleted]
As we can set the ftp setting with startup configuration. Is there any way to setup e-mail setting as well in the startup configuration. Does any one know? Thanks,
  SL and TP  (2)
Hello! Regardless of the pair, strategy and market conditions, what would be a reasonable relation between TP and SL. Should SL be wider than TP or the other way around? Should there be any rule of proportions between them. For eaxample TP should be 60% of SL or vice-versa? Thanks!
I am looking for some help. what would the open position code look like i just don't know where to start with this one. I have an idea for and EA using timed entries but I'm useless at coding. THE IDEA TF 1hr time sequence 1,2 3,5,8,13,21,34,55 mins of each hour open a position if current price is...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Tony Manso (amelabs) has been published. It is not the first time Tony Manso participates in the Championship. Last year his Expert Advisor was not very successful. This year his program staying on leading positions and...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am new to the world of expert advisors. For last 2 days, I am working on an EA, and something doesn't seem to be right. I open a BUYSTOP or SELLSTOP order using following code. SetOrder(OP_BUYSTOP,EntryPrice,0,0); // Entry price is 10 pips above close of last BUY order SetOrder(OP_SELLSTOP...
[Deleted]
How do I write a code for the close price of a currency pair? For example, if I wanted the cross of the price line and the simple moving average as one of my indicators, how would I write that? I know that the moving average would be iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1), but what...
Hi, As many of the people here I am new to MQL4. I am trying to make sense of it all and I have some questions. I am trying to develop a very simple EA for programm practice purposes but I can not figure out how to express the following thought I want when the Fast SMA crosses the Slow SMA (AND...
[Deleted]
I bought four packages to try the whole lot,and wow the robots work,i leave my laptop on and its automatic, i started with demo and now am doing a live trading,capturing pips.....hurray. If you want to see the four softwares i bought, and i recommend them to you, visit [deleted by Rosh]
[Deleted]
Hi there. I am new to mql4 programming and been read some books and tutorials but the easiest way to get the things done is with your precious help. I need to create a variable (in fact a global variable) that is based on symbol where the indicator is attached. That way I will be able to use the...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know or have worked with the programmer nickname "Regards Best" address for-good-letters@yandex.ru name Dimitri
I am using iMA function in EA program I developed and testing it currently. What I see is very strange. May be my iMA usage in not correct. Can someone help in finding the reason why it might be happening. Details are as follows: I have EA running on EURCHF, M20. My EA program uses following iMA...
[Deleted]
Hello Is there an "trick" how to set font for Commnet() output? The default font for Comment() is proportionnal, but my feeling is fixed widthfont would by better choice ...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with WWW.Easyexpertforex.com? I would like to order the code for their free MA cross which tehy say is available.. John Delmage forjon@juno.com
[Deleted]
Hi, Do you think that an EA compiled with MT4 release 218 could not be working properly with a previous release (211) ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi. Can somebody please help me with my expert advisor? I want to create a password so that only I can see and edit the content/settings of my expert. I just need to add that I don't understand the coding (yet). I created the expert on a free builder website and now I dont know how to add the rest.
[Deleted]
Does any one know how to load a particular symbol on the chart. For example my EA need to process EURUSD on 1 hr chart. But if this chart is not loaded the EA keeps waiting or gives wrong result. Is there any way to make sure that the required data has been loaded correctly. Please help if you can
[Deleted]
Dear moderators or other members who can help, I have two effective EA as attachment (trend1 and goldrsi) . They all trade EUR/USD in 4hour chart. How to compose them into one EA ? How to write the code? Thus the trade would be more convenience. Kindly help, Thank you
[Deleted]
hello im creating an EA that work in 2 time periods (start working in 4 hour and after succesfull pattern it changes to 1 hour) The problem is that the tester just admits 1 time period, and live testing it can take me up to months so im creating 4 hour indicators with 1 hour information just for...
[Deleted]
examples here https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://championship.mql4.com/2008/news/399#comments In that report - wrong EA,wrong balance/equity chart and don't know about all the numbers??
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have recently signed up for FXDD's live account. However i still have no clue on how to do back testing of my EAs properly? It won't download older data automatically, and when i checked the FXDD Live data centre's folder, it does not stores any .hst files Please advise as i really need to
[Deleted]
i am java programmer and forex trader. using CornFlower methods i developed alert when price reach 12 EMA zone i would like to filter alert by checking EMA 12 & EMA 24 & EMA 8 are stacked in proper order and also they are not flat can you please gude me to way of cheking EMA Degree. Thanks all
[Deleted]
I am running the Forex Tracer, and the properties show a stop loss of 20, however, the trade went from 14 pips to 0 and the stop loss did not kick in. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?
[Deleted]
When I try to compile any of the programs in my expert folder I get a message that compiler failed to launch. Can anyone help me?
Hi All, I'm looking for a technique of displaying a chart on MT4 that willbehave just like any other chart, (will allow me to attach indicatorsto it and automatically update in realtime) but will not be on acurrency pair that is provided by the broker. For example, let's say that the broker...
[Deleted]
As not all brokers has stoplevel and freezelevel... How is it possible to test my startegy...for example ...with a StopLoss close to market price..Let say 5 pips... I am new to MT4 ... My Marketinfo() Mode_stoplevel  is 10 .  Is it a constant ... can i change this value in strategy tester. I spoke...
[Deleted]
  MQL and MAC's  (1)
Does MQL4 have a work around for installation on a Mac operating system?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Jury Session: First Disqualifications has been published. Several days have passed since the Automated Trading Championship 2008 started. Not all Expert Advisors worked without errors. We called a meeting of Jury members to decide...