How much have you made?

How much have you made so far through Forex? What was your initial investment?

Would just like to know what sort of returns one can expect

That really depends on how well you know yourself, especially your risk tolerance and patience.

I started trading with USD300 with a broker that offers 0.1 lots minimum, so I got wiped out in a week. I thought I can trade better after gaining a few more systems but the same happened, got wiped out in matter of days.

Then I found a broker that offers fractional lots that allowed much smaller risk, However, though it took longer my account still got wiped out. It appeared that no matter which trading systems I used, I always lose. I also spent a lot on purchasing trading systems, almost all of them are complete scams.

Now I 'trade' with couples of robots, adjusted for small risk. So far they have worked consistently and I have written a few EAs myself. Trading by EAs took away my impatience, fear, inconsistency and greed, so I am able to earn almost 30% annually. Anything more than that is gambling for me.

My 'initial' investment before I started earning? Well here it goes:

USD300 + USD300 + USD400 + USD450 + USD200 (For all scam systems) + USD400 (For all scam EAs) + USD1500 (The EAs that really work) + (VPS expenses) + (Time) = 30% pa system till now

can let me know the EAs that you tested that really works?

> Trading by EAs took away my impatience, fear, inconsistency and greed

This is so true - the fact that an EA will completely ignore a day that is not active enough is just one lesson to learn from them

My early experience was similar but on a larger scale than Dhananjay!

I then used various EA's of mine, the better ones make up for the systems that ultimately fail...

My best two are currently the

Breakout Bandit

and

Super Sniper

The Bandit made £1500 on a £3000 mini in 8 weeks last year - but has been less good lately :(

See the latest results on the links in the pages

For manual trading, I use the standard MT indicators in combination across many timeframes, fundamental analysis and the indicators advertised on my Main page

but...

I manually trade only one or two pairs, mostly one!

Good Luck

-BB-

You can find out more about the EAs that work for me, at least according to my risk tolerance. Of course as with any system, I can't guarantee on future performances. The best EAs so far are:

Dhananjay Expert Advisor and PrecisionTypeA Expert Advisor

They may not suite everyone. If you want to know the blueprint of their inner workings, you can discuss the code here:

'Self learning probabilistic neural network (PNN)'

Thanks for the input, guys. I ask because I'm building what I consider to be a serious EA, and will be done in a few week's time.

I say serious because other EA's I have seen aren't very careful with money in the amount they invest, in checking themselves for perfomance and turning themselves off if they loose more than 6% equity, protecting profits in a winning trade by tightening stops, not using martingale style lot sizing, risking a maximum of 2% equity, stuff like that. The EA is still at a very rudimentary stage, but it's looking very encouraging so far.

Can I keep your contacts so I can send you my EA when it's done, and you guys can test it and critique it?

I already have a question. What methods do you use to exit trades?

Hey BB,

Did yo write the EA's yourself? Could you list for me the good things and bad things about the EA's you have, so I can incoorporate them in mine? (I'll send it to you guys for some feedback as soon as it's done)

BarrowBoy wrote >>

> Trading by EAs took away my impatience, fear, inconsistency and greed

This is so true - the fact that an EA will completely ignore a day that is not active enough is just one lesson to learn from them

My early experience was similar but on a larger scale than Dhananjay!

I then used various EA's of mine, the better ones make up for the systems that ultimately fail...

My best two are currently the

Breakout Bandit

and

Super Sniper

The Bandit made £1500 on a £3000 mini in 8 weeks last year - but has been less good lately :(

See the latest results on the links in the pages

For manual trading, I use the standard MT indicators in combination across many timeframes, fundamental analysis and the indicators advertised on my Main page

but...

I manually trade only one or two pairs, mostly one!

Good Luck

-BB-

HW

> Did yo write the EA's yourself?

Yes

> Could you list for me the good things

They work and until very recently they have been consistent money makers

> and bad things about the EA's you have,

recent Asian session volatility has not been good for them :(

> so I can incoorporate them in mine?

Nice try :)

See this example - people seem to like it, based on the number of downloads!

> I'll send it to you guys for some feedback as soon as it's done

I have a number of joint projects already thanks

Good Luck

-BB-

Thanks!!

Will check out that link. I just want to announce to you guys to wait for the best EA you have ever seen yet. (Watch this spot)

BarrowBoy wrote >>

HW

> Did yo write the EA's yourself?

Yes

> Could you list for me the good things

They work and until very recently they have been consistent money makers

> and bad things about the EA's you have,

recent Asian session volatility has not been good for them :(

> so I can incoorporate them in mine?

Nice try :)

See this example - people seem to like it, based on the number of downloads!

> I'll send it to you guys for some feedback as soon as it's done

I have a number of joint projects already thanks

Good Luck

-BB-

Reason: