MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1281

[Deleted]
  EA Box  (4)
I accidentally removed the EA Box from Meta Trader and can't figure out how to get it back
I thought that a tick was an indication of a change in price BUT - I have an EA attached to EURUSDm 5 decimal place chart which does open trades on this pair as well as GBPUSDm without an open chart. if I Print(MarketInfo("EURUSDm",MODE_ASK),5); then I get the same value (eg 1.25567) printed to...
[Deleted]
  Intraday trading  (159   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Dear forum participants! In this thread I propose to discuss trading on different currency pairs during the day, in order not to litter other threads
I found a fun read here (article) on predicting EMA crossovers. If I understood it correctly, for EMAs, we can see a recurrence relation between yesterday's EMA and today's EMA, and by shifting this relation forward, we can solve to figure out the approximate price needed for tomorrow to close in...
Been trying this all day but now just getting myself more and more confused. Say that I want my EA to stop trading from 8:00pm until 6:00am the following day, how would I go about this? I have code for finding the relative GMT offsets for the broker, local time, London, NY etc all working correctly...
Hello everyone, i'm using the wininet.lib to reach user data from my server. On the machine where i have developed the c++ dll, it works perfectly. If I try to use the dll on another machine, there is an error "dll can not be found". Can anyone help my? Thx in advance
[Deleted]
Hi All how to make fonts in Fibonacci Channel bigger and bold? Thanks, AM
[Deleted]
Hi All I have been emailed Trade Protector 1.2 (loaded it to MT4) and it is not working properly/or i havent set the correct settings, I have searched for it but cant find it in the mql site. Does anyone have any info on it? or where it is located? also, i would like to set up EA and would be happy...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have some application development background and would like to get started in learning MQL4 and use it to program automated MT4 system. Appreciate your advice if you can point me to a good path to start. Thanks! fchia
We are using an EA we like very much but when the platform crashes which is alot lately (will not name UK based broker) the EA doesn't pick up the old orders, so if there is a floating loss, we may as well realize the loss and reset it. Thus, a crashing platform can cause the EA to actually lose...
On a different forum, I tried to discuss the topic of best countertrend system in 5MIN and perhaps even 1MIN timeframes (I haven't checked the 1MIN timeframe yet, but I plan to do so when I get better data, possibly tick data). I didn't get any responses at all. So I try here. Here it goes: I am...
Hello. I have a problem with my MetaEditor, I imagine that solution is simple... I think this follow code is very very simple: #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link "http://www.metaquotes.net" int start() { //---- MessageBox("Hello World","Test");...
This is a challenge for me as I am a newbee but I am sure most anyone with a little experience could re rewrite this indicator into the EA.... please help!!! This is an RSI divergence... I'd like to make entries where the arrows appear.. #property indicator_separate_window #property...
[Deleted]
  5% per month possible?  (31   1 2 3 4)
Is it possible to reliably make an average profit of 5% of your bankroll each and every month? If so, what strategy would be best? For example… Take a position with 5% of your capital and hope to double your investment in one trade? What if it loses? Have many trades each month and hope to make a
Hi, I am trying to get my EA to read the x / y values from a manually drawn Fibo-retracement. I have searched and read the ObjProperties and the closest I seem to get is the OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+n, however that only seems to return the price-level of the fibo. I would like to read the Time/Price of X...
The forum is already in a prolonged state of "starvation" for trade and other ideas. And here the moderators and money-grubbers of all stripes, in every relevant topic, send the questioners to .... JOB. Stop, let me read, discuss, accept the idea. On the spot, they'll figure out whether they're
  HA averaging  (6)
Is there a way to draw a linear weighted moving average of the highs and lows of a Heiken Ashi candle? It often seems that the HA candles reach a higher/lower price than the actual candle - is this normal? Also, is there a way to get the readings of the high and low of a Heiken candle? For example,...
[Deleted]
  Mail file reader  (1)
Hi everybody I need your help with something I lost my demo account password so i looked in the mailbox for my account details. Nothing was there but i found the mail in the mailbox folder. The only pb now i that i do not know how to read it or how to "upload" it in the MT4 platform to have it in...
[Deleted]
Guys, Is there any way to add in a Line chart overlayed over a candlstick chart in MT4? Or is there a way to "program" this? Forgive my ignorance. Say EU line chart and CHF candle on the same chart or two EU charts(one line/one candle) on the same actual chart?? Thank you for any help or advice,...
Anybody has answer to this ? Indicator keeps reeloading int tester on every tick on Weekly TF, same indicator on M15 gets loaded only once This slows down tester tremendously!!! Here is a journal: 2010.07.12 10:05:21 2010.03.01 00:59 JK Slow EURUSD,Weekly: loaded successfully 2010.07.12 10:05:21...
New article Writing an Expert Advisor using the MQL5 Object-Oriented Programming approach is published at mql5.com: This article focuses on the object oriented approach to doing what we did in the article "Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners" - creating a simple...
[Deleted]
  Test generator  (2)
While running my EA I got these messages. See attached. Can anyone help explain what is this and how to fix it. Thanks.
I have a band on my chart, which is the 2 LWMA high and 2 LWMA low. I can work out the distance between the 2 easily enough but what I want to work out is the average amount of pips that price exceeds the bands over say the last 20 periods. Any ideas on how to do that?
Hi... :) I have newbie question : 1. How to place / show variable in upper right with comment syntax? 2. How to show like this in chart with comment syntax : 102 104 106 108 . . . 150 The vertical position Thx
[Deleted]
I'm an ex-option trader who has started playing around with forex and am trialing one of the latest EA Robots. After operating very effectively for the first day, every order the robot tries to place is rejected with the Error 131 - invalid trade volume lots 1.02. I have researched this on the...
[Deleted]
When we use MT4 to backtest AUDJPY pair, I have some difficulty to interpret the P/L of the colosed position: From 2001.1.1 to 2009.12.1, I use 1% position size, the sl/tp is in AUDJPY pips, which means I can win or lose 1,000,000JPY In this period, USDJPY is in 130 to 90 range, the same size of...
Is it possible to add an FTP account in Publisher via an external application? in /config there is a file called publisher but it is encrypted or garbage.. Is there any way to do this automatically that the user doesn't have to manually enter his publisher account details?
Hi, 2 days ago my ibfx mt4 showed my pip count in the normal 4 decimals, .ie 1.4567, but when I opened it today its now showing 5 decimals....1.45678. Its annoying me to the point that I can't concentrate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched it, but a lot on these forums is about...
[Deleted]
  FUTURE  (139   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
What's going on in the Forex market! Doesn't anybody notice? The number of ticks has sharply reduced (especially in most brokerage companies)..., a new MT5 platform has appeared, with new trading conditions that restrict the trader's tactical choice, and gradually, quietly and constantly implanted
[Deleted]
There is set of closed orders. I need to select the last one only. Can anyone please help? Thanks.