MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1278

Hi, I just wanted to know why the bw mfi that you can download from meta quotes is different from the internal one that comes with meta trader 4. For one it doesn't display the information as easily and two it doesn't display all of it. For example under value 0.1332 it has sub values (+0.0313 vol...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have multiple installations (folders) of MT4. However, I would like all these MT4 terminals to use the same EXPERTS/INDICATORS folder. Can this be done? Thanks. c:\MT4\MetaTrader-1 c:\MT4\MetaTrader-2 c:\MT4\MetaTrader-3 c:\MT4\_EXPERTS c:\MT4\_INDICATORS
[Deleted]
Hi, Can someone please help me. I am trying to build a simple range trading system in Mql4 and I'm having problems. I need to create a SMA with an upper band (+6 pips) and a lower band (-6Pips). If the current bar open is > lowerband[1] and < upperband[1] and Askprice falls below lowerband[1], Open...
[Deleted]
my idea is a hedging step trader using small lots size that would double at each step. Let say GBP/USD was at 1.5000 the system would put a buy and sell on at 0.01 lot size.Step 2 would be 30pips higher at 1.5030 with a buy sell pending and a pending buy sell at 1.4970 and lot size double and so on...
  Predict line  (3)
What do I need to change or add to code to get someting like that:
[Deleted]
yes i am new at mql coding.i want to learn it. i am writing a kind of simple ea.i want my ea to take just one position when all of conditions are true.i dont want my ea to take more than one position when signal continues. my conditions are very simple when rsi 50 crosses stokastik crosses and ema...
[Deleted]
My broker that uses MT4 widen the spreads after market (Ask-Bid) of my local currency . I mean, after the interbank market closes, the broker continues placing quotes in the plataform but with a bigger spread. (duplicate it). So If I try to backtest any EA after market in MT4, the test will...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for some tool which can synchronize trades between MT4 stations... As example I have MT4 with demo account and some set of EA/indicators and I have MT4 with real account. At some point I want all trades from my demo account process with real account, but I don't want move all my...
[Deleted]
I'm a beginner in auto-trading and need assistance getting started Have copied very simple buy (or sell) code from user manual, have successfully compiled, but cannot get it initiated after dragging to open window Code: int start() { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.01,Bid,3,Ask+10*Point,Ask-20*Point);
[Deleted]
Just wondering if it's possible to change the size of an arrow?
Hi all, I understand need to use the search function before posting here. I searched "support and resistance" and didn't find topic matched to my question. Does any in this forum saw this post before ? "E-mail alert if the price breaks the support and resistance" Some of you might say it is better...
[Deleted]
  Interesting advisor  (96   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
Good day! There is an interesting EA, who could tweak the code so as to remove the limit on the minimum deposit (there it is 2000$) and add the ability to expose the minimum lot. P.S. I wrote earlier, but somehow the topic was deleted
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, i got this code uploaded by another member,but after i modified it, i got the error below '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis i have attached the modified code. kindly help me out. thanks
Hi, I have the following code written in expert adviser, not sure why the line would not draw? Appreciate if anyone can help The external value Renko would be manually input, as well as the Reversal_colour during startup. extern double Renko; extern color Reversal_colour=Blue; int start() {...
Hello, I need help with a problem that I'm experiencing. I made an indicator based on many indicators, to filter out bad trades. At the bottom you can see the indicator, it is a bar chart, red for short, blue for long and yellow for stay out, Now the problem, I cannot get to simulate the indicator...
I am writing an EA and all works great. I need to get information from other pairs to run my EA on a specific pair. I need the 89sma info from other pairs I use the following - ma=iMA("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1,=89,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); but it keeps on returning a value of 0 and not the specific pair...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010 a new article has been published: MetaTrader 5 - everything for automates trading!. It contains a detailed overview of all the components of the MQL5 developing environment. The object-oriented approach in the MQL5 language, the support of...
Ok, everybody here knows I'm not a computer science student. I was wondering about the proper Braces format (say the industry standards) if there's such a thing. I'm getting more favored with my personal format below. To me/myself/personally, I think the block format looks better then say the...
I have encountered the following compilation error: "[" - too many arrays I reduced the number of arrays declared as global variables it compliled ok yesterday. Today, I added more functions to my #include file, it gives me the same error even when I regrouped some global arrays into functions as...
Hi everyone, How can I search for my last position, and how can I check if it was a profitable or lost position? Any code suggestion? Regards Francis
I think I've set the flags properly but the alarms keep sounding, shouldn't they turn off after 1 alert? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                     Daily 2LWMAs TP SL Diff.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2009, MetaQuotes...
New article A Library for Constructing a Chart via Google Chart API is published at mql5.com: The construction of various types of diagrams is an essential part of the analyses of the market situation and the testing of a trading system. Frequently, in order to construct a nice looking diagram, it...
B"H Hello, What is the meaning of these two values returned by the "UninitializeReason" method? The formal documentation lacks information regarding the situation(s) in which either of these values shall be returned: REASON_PARAMETERS5Inputs parameters was changed by user.REASON_ACCOUNT6Other...
[Deleted]
Hello, how can i know the list of parameters for an iCustom() and in the right order, for setting in a MetaEditor mode? Thank You
[Deleted]
Hi All somebody has posted the following indicator. I would request someone to explain whats theory and its practical implications in trading. MarketHeartBeat_02.mq4 https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9785#comment_form regards
[Deleted]
I have an EA that I am working on and it uses simple inputs: extern double Lots = 0.1; extern double StopLoss = 20; extern double TakeProfit = 15; extern int Slippage = 3; What I wish to do is set the lot size to be a formula including the current value...
Will MT4's programming functionality allow me (a newcomer to MT4, but not to programming) to write a script to cycle through all open chart windows and change each chart's timeframe to (say) H4? Thanks, John
Hi, my Interbank FX platform recently switched to 5 decimals, so I modified my Point() function as follow: double Point() { if (Symbol()=="EURUSD"||Symbol()=="USDCHF"||Symbol()=="USDCAD"||Symbol()=="GBPUSD"||Symbol()=="EURCHF"||Symbol()=="AUDUSD"||Symbol()=="EURGBP") Point = 100000 ; if...
When running startegy tester the EA seems to be running correctly over a lot of days but then I get: OrderClose error 4107 invalid price 1.34216000 for OrderClose function This is very strange as the code to close the order has not changed Result = OrderClose(MyTicket, 0.1,...
  Getting Started  (2)
Greetings, I'm seeking to have my own created EA and am wondering how to go about obtaining it. I've tried to contact the MetaTrader site at http://mtprogramming.com/ to conduct the business of creating my EA but there have been no replies to my emails for two weeks now (long beyond the 48 hour...