Is possible to draw chart of AccountEquity in separate window under Meta Trader 4

zzuegg
zzuegg  

why shouldn't it be possible?

i have never done something with custom charts, but as a indicator should work.

i think it's a lot lot lot of programming . you have to walk trough all history, on each check all your tradehistory, calculate the floating profit/loss for each order (if opened currently) depending on currency.

and if you are trading cross pairs, or not deposit-currency pairs you will only get a approximation.

also on larger timeframes, the eq-curve from trades from smaller timeframes is not shown, you only will see the resulting Balance.

sounds like a lot of boring coding stuff to me.

Paul
Paul  
Wouldn't it be easier to call
AccountEquity( )

and assign its value to an indicator buffer and set the indicator to dispaly in a separate window? I suppose it would depend upon whether the broker does supply this information.

zzuegg
zzuegg  
yea, but that only work for the future, i suppose he want it also drawn in the past
Piotr
Piotr  

No, I want to set separate chart from Meta Trader platform from File - New Chart - (EURUSD, EURJPY, USDCHF ... AccountEquity )

as the current AccountEquity() chart but separate window without the Bid/Ask price of any instrument.

Another words I would like to get chart of my Account Equity as the separate instrument - is it possible under current Meta Trader 4 platform or new release?

Ray
Ray  

If you want the data to be seen as the main chart window (without any other chart data), you will have to create and update a .hst file of the data, and open that file as an offline chart, and refresh/update the chart to show changes.

Better to just do it as an indicator in a subwindow.