Spread betting with MT4 - which broker?

Are there any brokers that allow spread betting with MT4 or is it just spot forex?

Is MetaTrader going to be expanded for use with spread bet accounts as in the UK?

SanMiguel:

Are there any brokers that allow spread betting with MT4 or is it just spot forex?

Is MetaTrader going to be expanded for use with spread bet accounts as in the UK?

?

Unless somebody corrects me I have only seen MetaTrader being used with Forex, CFDs and Futures (and in this las case sometimes it was CFDs on futures and not exchange traded ones!).

Keep in mind that spread betting is like doing selling one security and buying another. So if you find a good CFD broker why not use that one (since they will offer you leverage just like a spread betting firm). Normally this involves more discipline as it is not easy to close the position (you may sell the long leg and loose money on the short leg if it takes you too long to buy it back!). But using MT it should be easy to follow the pair (create an indicator for that) and to close both legs easly with an EA.

Hope this helps,

Yona

yona22 wrote >>

Keep in mind that spread betting is like doing selling one security and buying another. So if you find a good CFD broker why not use that one (since they will offer you leverage just like a spread betting firm). Normally this involves more discipline as it is not easy to close the position (you may sell the long leg and loose money on the short leg if it takes you too long to buy it back!). But using MT it should be easy to follow the pair (create an indicator for that) and to close both legs easly with an EA.

i think yona22 you confused something different with spread betting.

I haven't heard of any SB brokers offering MT and was looking for it for some time. Anybody knows one???

locelewicz:

i think yona22 you confused something different with spread betting.

I haven't heard of any SB brokers offering MT and was looking for it for some time. Anybody knows one???

SPread betting is tax free in the UK, that's why plus you get paid paid on your stake per pip, it is not reduced like in sport forex.

So a 1 unit lot x 100 pips = 100 units, it os not then divided by the exchange rate.

SanMiguel wrote >>

this platform performs well,you may try it.

https://www.marketiva.com/?gid=24244

There is one coming out next month I hear SB full capability and will be on mt4 for full EA usage too!

very handy. If I hea a release date I will let you know!

SM

Thre is now; Smart Live Markets

SanMiguel:

Reason: