Best indicator combo? - page 2

I think i may have found something

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/102685

I till can't tell what the applied price variable does, though.

Thanks, McKeen.

It looks like no matter which ADX flavor you use, they all need High and Low values. I was planing on using it as part of the sampling function in my monte carlo simulator, which forecasts multiple histories of close prices n-bars into the future. However, since my price histories do not track high/lows, it it not usable for this purpose. Perhaps i could use it in a non-monte-carlo-based variant, though...

Thanks again for your effort.

i like to observe StdDev compared to the ATR, if StdDev is low but the ATR is rising than that indicates that price is not trending.

LanBar:
i like to observe StdDev compared to the ATR, if StdDev is low but the ATR is rising than that indicates that price is not trending.

If StdDev is low, then ATR should also be low, or at least not rising.

If ATR is rising, it means there is a trend forming, unless ATR is swinging up and down with huge variations?

Haven't looked much at ATR before, so just thinking aloud here...

blogzr3:

If StdDev is low, then ATR should also be low, or at least not rising.

If ATR is rising, it means there is a trend forming, unless ATR is swinging up and down with huge variations?

Haven't looked much at ATR before, so just thinking aloud here...

to put is very simply the ATR measures the average distance traveled intrabar for x number of bars, and StdDev shows how much variance there is away from a moving average.

so if StdDev is rising, price is moving away from a moving average at a substantial rate or trending. if StdDev is flat and the ATR is rising then the average distance intrabar is rising but price is not significantly moving away form a moving average or ranging.

LanBar:

to put is very simply the ATR measures the average distance traveled intrabar for x number of bars, and StdDev shows how much variance there is away from a moving average.

so if StdDev is rising, price is moving away from a moving average at a substantial rate or trending. if StdDev is flat and the ATR is rising then the average distance intrabar is rising but price is not significantly moving away form a moving average or ranging.

Have you got a combined-indicator (combining the effects of StdDev and ATR) to show the net result?

blogzr3:
Have you got a combined-indicator (combining the effects of StdDev and ATR) to show the net result?
no i dont, wish i did, i am not a programmer.... maybe we could convince a fellow to jump on the project for us :-)
Reason: