MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1279

I am writing an EA and all works great. I need to get information from other pairs to run my EA on a specific pair. I need the 89sma info from other pairs I use the following - ma=iMA("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1,=89,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); but it keeps on returning a value of 0 and not the specific pair...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010 a new article has been published: MetaTrader 5 - everything for automates trading!. It contains a detailed overview of all the components of the MQL5 developing environment. The object-oriented approach in the MQL5 language, the support of...
Ok, everybody here knows I'm not a computer science student. I was wondering about the proper Braces format (say the industry standards) if there's such a thing. I'm getting more favored with my personal format below. To me/myself/personally, I think the block format looks better then say the...
I have encountered the following compilation error: "[" - too many arrays I reduced the number of arrays declared as global variables it compliled ok yesterday. Today, I added more functions to my #include file, it gives me the same error even when I regrouped some global arrays into functions as...
Hi everyone, How can I search for my last position, and how can I check if it was a profitable or lost position? Any code suggestion? Regards Francis
I think I've set the flags properly but the alarms keep sounding, shouldn't they turn off after 1 alert? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                     Daily 2LWMAs TP SL Diff.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2009, MetaQuotes...
New article A Library for Constructing a Chart via Google Chart API is published at mql5.com: The construction of various types of diagrams is an essential part of the analyses of the market situation and the testing of a trading system. Frequently, in order to construct a nice looking diagram, it...
B"H Hello, What is the meaning of these two values returned by the "UninitializeReason" method? The formal documentation lacks information regarding the situation(s) in which either of these values shall be returned: REASON_PARAMETERS5Inputs parameters was changed by user.REASON_ACCOUNT6Other...
[Deleted]
Hello, how can i know the list of parameters for an iCustom() and in the right order, for setting in a MetaEditor mode? Thank You
[Deleted]
Hi All somebody has posted the following indicator. I would request someone to explain whats theory and its practical implications in trading. MarketHeartBeat_02.mq4 https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9785#comment_form regards
[Deleted]
I have an EA that I am working on and it uses simple inputs: extern double Lots = 0.1; extern double StopLoss = 20; extern double TakeProfit = 15; extern int Slippage = 3; What I wish to do is set the lot size to be a formula including the current value...
Will MT4's programming functionality allow me (a newcomer to MT4, but not to programming) to write a script to cycle through all open chart windows and change each chart's timeframe to (say) H4? Thanks, John
Hi, my Interbank FX platform recently switched to 5 decimals, so I modified my Point() function as follow: double Point() { if (Symbol()=="EURUSD"||Symbol()=="USDCHF"||Symbol()=="USDCAD"||Symbol()=="GBPUSD"||Symbol()=="EURCHF"||Symbol()=="AUDUSD"||Symbol()=="EURGBP") Point = 100000 ; if...
When running startegy tester the EA seems to be running correctly over a lot of days but then I get: OrderClose error 4107 invalid price 1.34216000 for OrderClose function This is very strange as the code to close the order has not changed Result = OrderClose(MyTicket, 0.1,...
  Getting Started  (2)
Greetings, I'm seeking to have my own created EA and am wondering how to go about obtaining it. I've tried to contact the MetaTrader site at http://mtprogramming.com/ to conduct the business of creating my EA but there have been no replies to my emails for two weeks now (long beyond the 48 hour...
[Deleted]
I want a EA base on the strategies below; stochastic 5,3,3; mainline>signalline Takeprofit 50; stoploss30; new formation a candle on 1hour; new formation a candle on 5mins; and i want it to be consider the fundamental aspect by having a link to forex factory or dailyfx. The EA will be downloading
[Deleted]
Hi all, please i need an EA sound alert code which i can easily modify for my Stochastics crossover strategy . any assistance will be highly appreciated.thanks
hi all could you please create alert for following indicators bbands fisher flattr heiken i will include all of them in attachment basic trading strategy: when they all blue buy when the all red sell posting about this strategy could be found here i wanted to create
  Jurik TrendStrength Ea  (162   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
Did a mod of Elite sections TrendStrength Ea now its Jurik TrendStrength Expert. Posting here because this is where thr best jurik source is The Ea is calling Jurik TrendStrength,JurikAddsignal,JurikTrendEnvelopes, Volty ChannelStopv2.1 and AbsoluteStrength_v1.1 . JurikAddsignal requires jurik STC...
[Deleted]
  Timeframe Help  (11   1 2)
Lets say you wanted to have the moving average from the 1H chart placed on the 1M chart with the 1H results how would you do that... and could that work with all indicators, probably very easy would like to know how its written Thank you very much
Does anybody else have a 2 week gap in EURUSD history that runs from 2010.3.13 to 2010.3.26. This is on my FXDD Demo account build 226. Also, there is approximately the same gap on my IBFX.
[Deleted]
  MACD EA  (5)
I found somewhere this MACD EA, it looks pretty good in backtests but i have got one problem. EA opens trade when MACD crosses 0 level then  in point 1 it hits TP and it opens new trade (same in 2 ). How to code that  it opens new trade only if MACD crosses 0 line and then wait for next cross  (to...
Good day fellow traders and traderesses, I just tried to run >15 instances of an EA in a single terminal and then it crashed. I had no problems running 10 instances and up to 5 terminals on this machine for months now. So my question is, if there's a known inefficency in the terminal? What are your...
Good afternoon! Since I write to order, interesting letters come in... I will not give you examples from the letters... I'm just summarizing my experience of communicating over a fairly long period the gist is about the following: When a double top is formed, "sell" - "buy", depending on which top
  INDICATOR HELP  (2)
I am using 2 indicators in my trading strategies , Butteryfly & SSL. I would love to have an alarm indication when either one changes state. Can someone please modify the code to indicate this . I have no knowledge of programming. Thanks
  Oscilation  (1)
Is there a indicator for metatrader with OSCILATION ( last value / yesterday's close ) ? There is PERCENTAGE, that is ... today's last value / today's open. Abilio
[Deleted]
  data slider?  (2)
I'm trying to fine tune an indicator and realize it would be a million times faster to have some sliders in a window that I could just drag around instead of having to right click on the indicator, change the value slightly, see what happened, right click again, adjust again.... Is there any...
[Deleted]
There are a lot of trendline EAs already out there. Usually they are so badly commented and with variables that are so indescriptive, it takes a long time for me to figure out what's going on. Could anybody give a brief refresher course on the math involved in creating a trendline? It's been a while
[Deleted]
Maybe I'm dreaming but is there any way in the world to pipe currenex data into mt4 without paying the $2000/month data fee? Maybe some mt4 broker based 100% on currenex prices?
[Deleted]
I am having some difficulty with determining a way to get reliable information for 15min data when strategy testing off a 5 min chart. It would seem that all the i(MA/RSI/...) functions all just grab the data from a current time frame perspective. I was curious what thoughts anyone had about...