MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1280

hi i am in trouble with installation. I have windows 7 ultimate on my computer. i installed it first and it was running for a few days. as you may have noticed with windows 7, sometimes when you have a few windows open and you try to reopen the one sited and minimized, it is not responding until
  How do you work with neural networks?  (74   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
My question is. How do you work with neural networks: do you implement using only mql4 tools (same Artifical Intelligence), use programs like MatLab or special neuro packs (Neuro Shell Day Trader, NeuroSolutions, etc.), attaching dll to Expert Advisor code. What is your approach and what are its
[Deleted]
Hi,am new dude here and i just register for the demo account stuff.i have been studing how the RSI,Parabolic SAR and Stochastic Indicators work collaborative and effectively.Yet i found its a little bit hard for understands.Please is there anyone around that help me out cause am novice and...
New article The Principles of Economic Calculation of Indicators is published: Calls to user and technical indicators takes up very little space in the program code of automated trading systems. Often it’s simply a few code lines. But it often happens that it is these few lines of code which use up...
[Deleted]
Can I use other data feed than FXCM ? The new symbols like SPX500 or GER30 have very bad historical data since they have started in April this year. So I would need a different data feed with the DDE interface for getting signals and then trade with FXCM. Maybe the problem will be solved in 1 year,...
  Redirect Arrays  (1)
Is it possible to redirect array access if I wanted to set two arrays equal to each other, rather than have to copy one into the other?
[Deleted]
Hi Pros, Is it possible to analyze the results of a portfolio of EAs on several currency pairs? I mean to get a summry report for the total profits, total number of trades.....on all traded currency pairs together..... Thank you if you have any ideas
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I am new to the world of MQL4 but I am interested in writting a code to test and trade a pairs strategy. Basically the theory is that 2 currency pairs that move together, will move back into parity once if they move apart. For example: 1) Assuming the Australian and New Zealand...
[Deleted]
I have a testing situation where I wish to compute the pip value for a symbol pair. My account is USD denominated so this is not problem when running a test. However, when I have a cross-pair - such as EUR/NOK - I need access to the USD/NOK pair quote to compute the pip value for EUR/NOK - via
Hello. I have a problem, very very crazy. I create the fallow code: int start() { //---- int handle = FileOpen("file.csv", FILE_WRITE, ";"); int bar_teste= 10; if(handle>0) { // table column headers recording FileWrite(handle, "Time;Open;High;Low;Close;Volume"); // data...
[Deleted]
Is there an Indicator that is in existence or that can be created for MetaTrader4 that can show the times of the different markets opening and closing in relation to the activity of the charts? find knowing when markets are opening and closing helpful in analyzing my trading entry and exits....
[Deleted]
looking for a way to show a daily indicator over the same hourly indicator at the same time. Example, be able to see the daily stochastic and the hourly stochastic at the same time on the same chart. is this possible in mt4
[Deleted]
Hi, i would like to create a second journal log file for all trade actions happening in MT4 even if they are excecuted on another computer by another mt4 client. Can this only be done by creating an expert advisor or is there another way to force mt4 to log trade actions (Open, Modify, Close)...
Hi fellows`. Am new to MT4 programming and would appreciate some help from you . You see am looking to find the buy and sell logic parameters / operators in MT4 which are sequential and not silmultaenous . For example i would like my ea to take a trade after various criteria in the market are
[Deleted]
Hi all programmer; I have a EA need adjustment, hope anyone can lend me a hand and i will appreaciate. Ok the EA below are using martingaling system (as i know), the EA open BUY & SELL in some time from start, so what i try to do is to change the LOT order setting, eg: from the EA, the lot size...
How do you design a learning EA that will not consume alot of memory and diskspace with MQL4? I have designed a learning "AI" EA before; believe me, they yield tremendous profits. They can learn and distinguish the difference between good entries and bad entries way better than any human! I have...
[Deleted]
Hello, I need auto stopp loss and take profit script. I just enter values with metaeditor, open MetaTrader and run script on my chart - I need exactly that script.
[Deleted]
#property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 RoyalBlue #property indicator_color2 Red #property indicator_color3 Yellow extern int AAB_Price = 0; extern int AAB_MAPeriod = 40; extern int AAB_MAShift = 0; extern int AAB_MAMethod = 1; extern int...
[Deleted]
Hi, is there a possibility to export specified time OHLC data to Excel file? For example, automatically exporting daily 02:00(M1) and 04:00(M1) OHLC data to excel, and at the same time record the highest and lowest price within this period
Hello. I try save in txt the Close price. int start() { //---- int _time_waiting=0; bool tester=False; int handle; int j; for (j=2; j>1; j++) { FileFlush(handle); FileClose(handle); if (tester==False) _time_waiting = TimeLocal() +...
Hi, How do I post trades from my metatrader to my web hosting server,and from there connect to my clients platform and auto execute the trade? I have seen pipserver dot com, doing the same. The EA given to clients logs in to my web securely and from their opens, modifies, and closes trades. I am...
Is there a way for MQL4 to adjust lot sizes based on the currency pair. For example I use AccoutnBalance to calculate the trade size but this should be adjusted for each pair. If my account is in GBP, then a trade size of 1 on GBPUSD is actually $1.5 and if I want it to be £1 per point then it needs...
  AI EA - Next level of EA's?  (12   1 2)
Hi all, Recently i can see a lot of buzz around the Artificial intelligence EA's . About how they can learn the pair characteristics, and get better all the time. Anyone can point me to a more detailed resource about that niche? Some articles? Maybe a book? Is it still involve only MQL4/C/C++ or
  Conversation with a trader  (376   1 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38)
Question: Tell me, how long have you been trading? Answer: Eight years. Question: Many traders start with losing deposits. Have you had any failures? A: I would say everybody starts like that. I lost my first two deposits for a total of $1,800. Question: How much you have earned on Forex market in 7
hi, i am currently thinking of switching broker, i know that broker discussons are not allowed on this forum, but this is a specific issue with mql language. the broker i am talking about offers its own trading software with the support of EA, but before i switch i would like to demo test my...
  run code once  (7)
I would like to run this code once on Sunday at the opening of the broker. However, I have this EA running on 12 different pairs. Any ideas on how to run through the code just once for each pair? I thought about putting in the Hour and Minutes and seconds but it relies on a tick coming through to...
[Deleted]
i wrote one indicator and i want it to be sending email to me but it does send it. I do not know if i am going to do anything on the platform for it to be possible if am going to do anything,please help. Also is it possible to be sending it to the mailbox of the platform ? And what is the...
New article How to Order a Trading Robot in MQL5 and MQL4 is published at mql5.com: With the launch of the "Jobs" service, the MQL5.community became an ideal place for placing orders and providing programming services. Thousands of traders and developers visit this resource on a daily basis, and...
What is the best method to code for an event of when the MT4 closes a trade based on a set stoploss. For example, trade A opens, a stoploss is set, trade B opens a stop loss is set, when a stop loss is hit, I want to move the stop loss of the remaining open trades to the price where that stop loss...
[Deleted]
Can someone please tell me what's wrong with this code snippet, which is part of an EA I am trying to develop? The indicator "myIndi8" has eight "extern" parameters and eight buffers, four of which are up arrows (0,2,4 and 6) and the other four are down arrows. The indicator puts an EMPTY_VALUE into...