MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1277

[Deleted]
Dear all, I do not know if I can post indicator attachments, if not please my apologise. I need your help on developing an expert advisor that provide me an alert signal when the attached indicator changes it's color. The indicator is based on RSI and I have tried to do it but I was unable. If...
hi, i am working on a number of expert advisers and running them all in parallel on a demo account. at some times i have quite a few orders executed in parallel and it is rather difficult, without referring back to the logs all the time, to ascertain which EA initiated each of the orders. ideally i...
[Deleted]
Hi All, This is my first post so please be kind. I've done a search of the forum and can't seem to find anyone else who has had the same problem. the issue is that my first program that I've ever written in MQL4 is that start() does not execute. (Code is Below) Could someone please take a look at...
RSI over MA with a ATR% stoploss I'm just interested in how much this EA would cast to be made. values i need to be able to change Lots RSIPeriod MA_Period AtrPeriod stoploss% of ATR takeprofis % of ATR how many orders at the same time the buy and sell order in is fairly straight forward when...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| STEP TRADER | //| Copyright © 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.metaquotes.net/ |...
  iClose bug  (2)
I have found a bug on iClose function. If you ask for iClose(x,0,0) where x is another symbol different that the current symbol you will always get iOpen(x,0,0) value instead, EVEN if iTime(x,0,0) < iTime(NULL,0,0). I have only checked it on D1 time-frame with Open Prices model in backtester. Could...
New article Processing of trade events in Expert Advisor using the OnTrade() function is published at mql5.com: MQL5 gave a mass of innovations, including work with events of various types (timer events, trade events, custom events, etc.). Ability to handle events allows you to create completely new...
Hi, New to meta trader4, & all seems to be well except in my chart screen it says (error getting data to server) what does that mean? I shoul mention that i am running an expert advisor aswell. any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers, H
[Deleted]
Anyone have a good formula to calculate lot size based on risk taking into account the stoploss?
[Deleted]
extern bool Close all new trades=False; Is going in INPUT values and what is this broker mode and how is it write in code
I have this to calculate my lot size. Am I supposed to be multiplying it instead? double Lots = NormalizeDouble((AccountBalance()*0.00001)/(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)), 2);
[Deleted]
Hello. There are 2 things I want to request 1. I had my strategy done by an MQL programmer and turned it into an EA, would someone help me test it? I am new in Meta Trader 4 and EAs so any mentoring/coaching would really be apprecited. Just PM me. 2. I want to ask if my setting at the properties...
[Deleted]
  Bar Question  (2)
Is there a way to place an arrow at the previous bar before the current? This will place an arrow at the currnet bar; ObjectDelete("MdSymbolAi"); ObjectCreate("MdSymbolAi", OBJ_ARROW, 0, Time[0],vL); ObjectSet("MdSymbolAi", OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,...
dear community! the problem: i have an ea running, o.k. so far, suddenly the pc shut down and restarted, so the ea started also new, when the everything was online and running again. now my problem: i have opened orders and my ea does not recognise them anymore. in my ea i use the "SELECT BY TICKET"...
  Crazy house!  (119   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
Yes... forex is nonsense... No profitable advisers
[Deleted]
Hey all, first post...I have searched the forums and the documentation to try and figure out why this is not working. Here is my code: extern int TimeFrame1 = 1; extern int TimeFrame2 = 5; extern int TimeFrame3 = 15; extern int TimeFrame4 = 30; bool NewBarTF[4] = {false false false false}; int
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| STEP TRADER.mq4 | //| LAS | //| |...
I haven't seen this before so is it something to do with the last upgrade? The EA runs in the back tester without errors but on forward testing it gives " invalid stop error" on every trade and yet I print out the stop and it comes out as 1.7265 for a short on GBPUSD so why is it invalid or is there
  My broker funk'ed me  (17   1 2)
I read many stories on the web on how the brokers get you if winning too much, never thought that I'll be in this kind of situation. Trading with this broker (and strategy) for a month now, then, last week on Friday apparently I've reached my cutoff level. For a month I've got maybe 5 mini-spikes...
My problem in brief: 1. At the opening time of the bar i ==> Time[i] ==> buy/sell conditions are met and an order is opened. 2. The order closes (hits t/p or s/l) before closing the bar i; (Time[i] ) 3. While we are still in bar i and after the order is closed, buy/sell conditions are met again!...
  Comment Help  (1)
Does anyone know how to make a comment of more than one line appear in the upper left hand corner? All I can do is make the comment one big line. I want to have two or three lines of information to help me up there.
[Deleted]
hi; is there anyone have metatrader on his\her iphone? Does it normally operates at Mac Os? thx Ozc.
[Deleted]
Is ther anyway to change the color of the stop levels in mt4? they default to both red. I'd like to change the tp level to green.
  HOW TO TRADE FOR NOTHING ?  (89   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Today, I saw a picture on the beach: two girls of 5-6 years old playing in the sand. One sells crayons to the other for coins. Then they swap places. After half an hour of trading, one girl has no money left. That's what prompted the topic "How to trade for nothing?". To learn how to trade something
Hello All, I'm looking for an EA that will close only one Symbol e.g. (EURUSD) if it is in profit. I'm trading 5 pairs, every with 3-5 max.trades. Thnak. FXMan77
I have Alerts in my code to show buys, sells, and stop moves that are not showing up. Not even in the Alert tab of the terminal. They were showing up, then I put a different version of the EA up the VPS that I'm using, but I have reverted back to the version where they were showing up but now they...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to change when a new candle opens? For example, let say I am trading a H1 chart and a new candle open at the top of each hour. Is it possible to make a new candle open at a different time each hour, say 12:51, 1:51, 2:51, etc., etc. just to get away from the influx of activity that...
hey there, is there the possibility that i can put custom indicators to show as first in the list when clicking on "insert->indicators" (I believe thats how it should be in english, I am using another language)? So I mean not only to make them the first in custom indicators, but to get them one...
[Deleted]
The question is, how to withdraw money more easily and without problems? What are the disadvantages of the different methods? Will the tax authorities catch on