No Daily Candles but Intraday data is available

hi,

this strange thing happend to me the first time.

a test based on daily openprices faild for 2 months during backtests, (EA did not open any trade) so i investigated this problem.

after watching the data on different timeframes it cames out that on the daily chart the whole june and big part of may was missing. but on all other Timeframes the data was ok.

i assume this is because of corrupted history or errors in the timeframecalculation, but i am worried if such things can happen during forward trading...

has somebody of you made similar observations? and how to "work-around" this?

i have only M15 data of this specific period, M1, M5,H1,H4,Daily is missing

here are some screenshots so you know what i mean.

Daily: See the marked Section. 2 months missing

H1: same data missing

m15: all data is nice

m5: data missing

m1: data missing

I had this problem a while back. Emailed my broker and they told me to right click and click on refresh.

Chris

Here: Phillip gives a good explanation. 

ubzen:

Here: Phillip gives a good explanation.

i think this is not the same problem, the strange thing is that i have M15 data. also during a backtest the ticks get modelled "corectly" but i have no daily open data. also my EA resets some variables when a new day begins, this reset never happend during this 2months of missing daily candles.

-so during backtests i can see the whole correct data, but inside the EA no new daily open happens

Here are a few things you can try to Problem Solve:

Delete all the files (.hst .raw and .sel) data within the history folder. 

(MetaTrader will create new ones, I've done it about a dozen times now)

Close and Re-Open meta_trader while connected to the Broker.

Use the scroll back arrow or page_up buttons on key-board.

If your broker does not give you data as far back as May (or period in ?) then the data you're looking at was probably downloaded for meta-quotes. Meta-quotes data is known to have holes that large. Also if you can get M1 data that far from your broker, you can use the Period_Converter_Script provided in the code base by Meta-Quotes to create the Missing data.

Reason: