My EA is temperamental and doesn't react to new ticks

Hello,

Sometimes on my Mt4 terminal, my EA doesn't react to new ticks. While its like this, it doesn't let me access the EA's properties and change parameters. While in this state, I can still scroll on the screen and view journal tab, etc.

I have two terminals from the same broker running side by side with almost the same EA (One is a later version), and the EA is reacts on one, but not the other, its always the same one as well. I don't think its a problem with the code, because there is hardly any difference between the two versions, yet the first terminal works all the time.

Does any know what is wrong? Also, do any IT technicians, etc, know how to set my MT4 terminal as high priority and dedicate more resources to it? For instance, letting the MT4 terminal have a whole core of my processor?

Chris

I changed the priority of both terminals to real time. I decided to run exactly the same EA on each terminal, with no other charts open. I took a screenshot of how much memory they were using:

Both terminals are exactly the same, running exactly the same EA. Does anyone know why the second one is using four times as much memory as the first?

Chris

Just checked, both are the same so it won't be that.

Its 65000 and max bars in history is 10000000. They both seem a bit steep, are they sensible values?

Chris

Depends...

65000 minutes is 45 days

65000 hours is 10 years

I generally use 2500 for bars on the chart (it really only seems to apply to rhe amount of fill on a new chart)

Is this your EA or commercial?

Also, do any IT technicians, etc, know how to set my MT4 terminal as high priority and dedicate more resources to it? For instance, letting the MT4 terminal have a whole core of my processor?

Use your Taskmgr.exe