MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1226

I just read 7bit's complaint here, so I thought I start this topic.   The linear un-categorized form of this site makes it impossible for anyone to have any bearing to this site's past knowledge.  Forum only gives use one tool for all purpose, the holy search box! And we have to keep reminding...
HI There is an EA here that uses no indicators and started with a long and short, then on on next bar if it was 10pips way it closed the loser and open another in direction of the winner. Anyone remember it? cheers R
[Deleted]
Hello I would like to use the expiration parameter for some pending orders. Somewhere i read it should be in seconds but in fact it's not working like that. I would like to use it on 1Hbars and set it like after 3 hours the order should be deleted. Maybe i'm blind but i could find it in the...
Please suggest what do I need to change on this code? Idea for code is to place at last bars one BuyStop at high and one SellStop at low. This code is just adding SellStops. extern double lot = 0.1;datetime PreviousBar; // record the candle/bar timebool NewBar(){ if(PreviousBar<Time[0]) {...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have this indicator that need to be repaired. It can't work properly in the chart.
Maybe I'm just not up with the play, but I've subscribed to a few tropics, and am unable to work out how to A) be notified when someone adds a comment to a subscribed topic B) look to see if someone has added a comment without actually looking inside the topic thread. Maybe someone could enlighten
Hi, I have to detect a EMA’s cross, for this I have two possible scenarios: 1-Comparing the EMA’s value for candlestick index 0 (current) against index 1 (previous). 2-Comparing the EMA’s value for candlestick index 1 against index 2. For option 1, I got many false detections, because the...
In my EA, I have it set to trade on every new candle. With the trade methods behind the time checker , I would think that it would not fire any trades until the EA is fully loaded. So when it is closed and I open it, before it has even completed all of the display of indicators and before it has
Here is a small piece of code in an Indicator i am working on. I have become stuck with an issue. The following code relates to bars on current timeframe. I need (i) to be selective of the D1 timeframe only, reguardless of with timeframe is opened on the chart. Can anyone fix the issue for me....
Hi How do I backtest a moving average crossover? I've had a look through the help files, but can't find anything relevant. Thanks in advance. Jeff
[Deleted]
handle = FileOpen("Forex_EUR_USD.csv",FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ';'); if (handle>0) { FileWrite(handle, ticket_six, OrderClosePrice(), Close[0], GetLastError(), OrderCloseTime());...
[Deleted]
  NEED HELP!!!  (3)
How to send an order? I use this EA to indicate me if the current value is above or below a ceratin level: int start() { double Level_1, Level_2, Price; Level_1=1.28337; Level_2=1.28337; Price=Bid; //-------------------------------------------------------------------+...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write an EA that will work on MA crossover stratergy! The EA is working great. Now i wish to tell the EA that, "If BUY is open and the chart is moving downwards, then close BUY and open SELL and vice versa. Also if after flipping the trades if the condition reverses, the flip again."...
[Deleted]
Which of these trading rules is best for an Zig Zag indicator that I am calling with icustom for an EA. >higher than <lower than <=higher or equal <=lower or equal =equal <>different than
[Deleted]
Hi there, How can I get the angle of a moving average which is plotted on a chart? For example: I have 2 to 3 moving averages plotted on my charts. Based on the angle (f.e. 60 degrees) I have an indicator on how strong the current uptrend is. Should I calculate the angle myself, based on the
[Deleted]
  Print in Colors  (3)
I want to print my chart in my "phyisical" printer, but the preview print show me just in Black & White, but i need it in full colors. Someone knows if this is possible and how to do it
Hi, I have the strategy what creates M2 chart from M1 after running. Next step is open offline M2 chart and run the strategy on this non standard time frame. My question is: Can I make back test on the M2 timeframe or other non standard periods ? Regards, puncher
[Deleted]
When I scan my computer for visures It finds a Trojan called New Malware.bo in themetalang.exe file. It cannot be cleaned only deleted. I deleted exe. file then redownloaded ibsetup4and the trojan showed up again. What should I do? My platform has been crashing. Can this be the problem? Thanks
I have an EA running a forward-test on a dedicated computer which is logged on to my demo account. Will metatrader knock that computer off my demo account if I were to log on to that same account from another location? ..to check my account history from a work computer, for instance. I guess what Im...
[Deleted]
I need a pretty simple solution if someone can help I have an EA that is now profitable but it opens a trade and closes atrade at the same time, so that only 1 trade is active at any one time. I want to now run it on an existing account that has a few existingtrades already open, I want to leave...
i.e. if I want to search all pairs one by one with a 'For i= .. ' command Is there a global pair code? For instance: like, let's say EURUSD is 001.. James
[Deleted]
Good day, Would someone please help? I need to set metatrader to trade with a specific company and account. Can this be done for any company and account. How do I do it? Thanx Regards James
Attached is a script that draws trades (both active and stop/limit) on a chart from a statement file. Of course MT already lets you draw your own trades, but this script lets you see trades from a detailed statement file provided by someone else. There are two inputs, the name of the statement...
Hello, I just suddenly came with an idea that I will use a signal from one time frame (i.e. I will use ADX in 4H to determine whether market is in trending or ranging) to trade in 1H (i.e. if ADX in 4H says that market in trending then my EA will execute otherwise it wont work due to my EA doesnt...
Hello friends this is checkmail and am creating an emacross histogram and am almost done but am having problems with its coding, an simple possible error, due to which the indicator is not drawing bars. And signal on charts(up/down) . Hope this won't be too much as this might improve our trades a...
I've implemented inbound and outbound Winsock socket comms between MT4 and my Java trading client via a few EAs, entirely within localhost. I'm considering running the MT4 platform terminal.exe as a spawned sub-process to my client, so that I can easily stop and restart it, if it is unresponsive
[Deleted]
While recieving an update for MetaTrader 4 to build 229 I got the following alert. Anyone else had this warning ?
Hi Gurus, Im am learning this stuff. When I run this code which is part of an ea on other brokers its fine but Gomarkets doesn,t accept these entries on one order. i.e the Bid +stoploss+ and takeprofit. Can someone please modify so it's sent in two sends... ? i.e bid then stoploss and take...