MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1207

[Deleted]
If anyone has had a look at the rubbish data that MT4 downloads you'll know that its probably useless to backtest with. Personally I think its appalling that we should have to download such rubbish. So, does anyone know where I can get some good data that is useable for backtesting. Thanks
[Deleted]
  EA question  (4)
I like to modify an EA Currently I’m using the “present candle” and the “previous candle” Originally I have this: int start() { // M30 double ma_m30_white= iMA(Symbol(), PERIOD_M30, WhiteMA_M30_Period, WhiteMA_M30_Shift,WhiteMA_M30_Method, WhiteMA_M30_Price, 0); doublema_m30_white_pre =...
hello there, for some reason in the new build of mt4, 229, i am downloading the historical data for EURGBP, but when i want to test my ea the log keeps telling me there is no history data to be found. can please somebody help?
[Deleted]
Hello, I NEED MQ4 FILE OF SUPERTREND EXPERT. THENKS.
hi, Somebody would know to recommend a place to learn how to build a site mt4stats.com style? thanks! Carlo
[Deleted]
Hello. I would like a script that will place pending orders... 5 Sell Stop, and 5 Buy stop above and below the current price. i.e. Eur/usd BuyStop - 1.30300 BuyStop - 1.30250 BuyStop - 1.30200 BuyStop - 1.30150 BuyStop - 1.30100 CURRENT PRICE - 1.30000 SellStop - 1.29900 SellStop - 1.29850...
Hello friends this is checkmail and have an MA cross indicator which draws arrows on cross, but am missing the lines, can anyone code lines into the indicator. It should draw lines too along with the arrows. Here is the code :...
[Deleted]
Hello friends Can any body create MACD indicator giving signal only when macd fails to make new top then previous top sell signal and same vis versa? please it highly needed
My brokers test server went down this morning, and I didn't notice until much later. How would I create a function to notify me when the server is down? The EA loop is only triggered when there is an incoming tick, but there are no ticks when the server is down. How do other people handle this...
[Deleted]
Dear Developers, I'd like to suggest a new feature for the next release of MT4. Now we have the option to resize the chart either freely by using the mouse OR entering top- and lowermost values in the properties page. The second one is closer to my needs but the distance between the lines of the...
Hello! I Built a scalping EA and I would like to insert a semi-martingale money management ! The EA must double the lot-size when SL is hit! When the next TP is hit the lot size must decrease again to the normal value! I have problems with coding! I were thankful if you could help me find the right
Dear Gurus I need some help here. I was trying to write an EA where it requires the recording of the Signal value (or in general any data, for example the bid and offer prices) at the moment of MACD crossover. The recorded reading will be used for comparison as the condition to trigger trades (I...
[Deleted]
Dear all sirs, I have one imagination to find Double bottom and Double top. Do you have any idea to caliculate how to find them by EA and Alert ?? If you could have some ideas, It will be so appreciate and glad to share informations. I have only a little programing skills but trying to find Breake
[Deleted]
hi, i'm struggling with invalid price (Error 130) when trying to modify order with trailing stop. i tried Normalizedouble(xx, 5), the output is 1.33052000. how to remove this trailing 3 zeros and apply the value to stoploss? thanks and regards, vinoth joseph
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I need help! I need to transform real time MT4 data to Metastock! Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm new to Synapse and did have browsed for the topic but found nothing in the forum. So I suggest here to create a tutorial on using Synapse dll on MT4. Please can some one help me? I start as described bellow: #import "XXX.dll" void StepEpoch(); // Step one epoch #import this is OK...
  Elder Impulse EA  (16   1 2)
Elder Impulse EA This EA was created within this section (elite indicators' subsection) and I created this thread just for this EA only. This EA was coded by Tradefx1 using Mladen's Elder Impulse indicator. It is what he wrote: Based on mladen rules for an EA, maybe we can work with this.Up to you...
[Deleted]
Hy, I want to use two underlyings within my expert advisor. For example two moveing averages: double MA_US_cur=iMA("US30",0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0); // DOW Indices double MA_DE_cur=iMA("DE30",0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,0); // DAX (GERMAN 30) Indices When I use the above code for live trading I...
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anybody give me a clue, if the source code of the built-in iMA() function is available somewhere ? Thank you, Svet
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to make my first EA. I need to give each open position a variable that will be remembered until the position closes and if necessary updated if certain conditions are met with every new bar. I believe the variable should be declared before the start() function... but how can I do this...
[Deleted]
Hello all: Thanks first to those of yo who have helped me with the instant buy-back code based on looking at Order Close Hostory. It works! On that note, me new EA begins first by querying for open orders. If there are open orders, then it does xyz calculation, But if there are no open orders, it...
[Deleted]
Hi I was wondering if I a trailing stop set at 15 pips, as then a trade moved into 15pips profit this would then set the stop loss to 0 pips. If then the profit moved up to 16pips, will the stop then change to +1pips stop loss, or would it have to move 30pips in profit before changing to +15pips...
New article MQL5 Wizard: How to Create a Module of Trading Signals is published at mql5.com: The article discusses how to write your own class of trading signals with the implementation of signals on the crossing of the price and the moving average, and how to include it to the generator of trading...
New article MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming is published at mql5.com: Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management -...
[Deleted]
Dear all I am new to MQL4 and have problem in writing my code (detail is shown below). What I want it to do is, when the condition is fulfilled, an arrow should be shown on the specific bar of the chart. #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 4 #property indicator_color1 Blue...
Hi, can anyone recomend a book about trading, but without indicators, Interested in Trend-Lines, Support And Resistance, Fibonacci, There is an ebook called "Forex Trendline Strategy" by Kevin Lee, but I cant find any reviews that are worth consideration, all I read is that there is a low return...
[Deleted]
I have just installed Fap Turbo onto MetaTrader 4, attached it to a chart, and configured its settings. However, when I try to run it the MetaTrader Platform gives off an error saying: "Use scalper system only on EURCHF, EURGPB, GBPCHF or USDCAD M15." FapTurbo Error I don't unerstand what it's...
  Histograms  (11   1 2)
I have been trying to make an indicator that uses 4 MA lines to calculate direction then uses that direction to decide which of three buffers to use for drawing a macd histogram, so the end result I was looking for would be a macd histogram with three colours, I looked at the code for the awesome...
Im writing my first EA 1. I want only 1 trade running at a given moment how can i make sure this happanes ?? if a trade is reaching either T.P or S.L it loses its ticket and its value becomes -1 ? 2. I want to set a some variable once a trade has reached S.L orderselect(ticket...