MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1185

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've begun learning mql for a short time. Today i've tried to make my firs EA and with a big help from this site. i wrote one but it didn't run so i tried to fix copying from the tutorial but it still doesn't work. Symb=Symbol(); //...
  { }  (4)
Can someone explain to me what these symbols do in the program? { } Or tell me where to go to read about them...? can't find anything by just searching. I'm just a newbie trying to teach myself to program in MQL4.
hi, does anyone know if I use the iATR on a daily bases: How does iATR handle the Sunday data. As Separate day, simple ignores Sunday, or adds the data to Monday? Thanks MJ
New article Implementation of Indicators as Classes by Examples of Zigzag and ATR is published at mql5.com: Debate about an optimal way of calculating indicators is endless. Where should we calculate the indicator values - in the indicator itself or embed the entire logic in a Expert Advisor that...
[Deleted]
Hi I have modified an EA to suit my needs. This EA has to buy /sell at a specified price (in this case 134.42), the problem is I cant seem to get it to buy or sell t the specified price or even at all. Please note I am a novice coder, I have tired commenting out all other conditions to the buy sell...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 387 Terminal: Fixed operation of the client terminal via a proxy server. Terminal: Fixed calculation of the quote counter when calculating custom indicators. Terminal: Fixed display of income in currency of instrument profit. Terminal: Fixed accounting of a credit
[Deleted]
Hi guys couple of questions from a new to mq4 guy: 1. About this forum, should i open a new topic every time i have a questions?! is there any partition to subjects? 2. About the iCustom function: how do i know what parameters the indicator needs? are these the "extern" parameters in the...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've discovered an issue with MetaTrader4 - whenever you open a login window and close it, the GDI object count increases by 2. Can you please confirm and issue a fix? Thanks.
[Deleted]
can any one help me how buffer values are read and how price values are read and defined to market values .. explain in detailed
[Deleted]
I need help, to close positions after a certain amount of time has elapsed Can anyone help with the code? Thanks
I notice that FXJE are promoting thier brokerage - My experience of them is BAD BAD BAD, the offers they make don't last long and by the time you have signed up the seeming good deal has gone. Just my experience of them.
Hello friends and do anybody here know about this indicator or have one, this indicator draws an arrow on an simple MA line crossing the price upside down.
[Deleted]
  Help with alarm  (14   1 2)
//--------------------------------------------------------------------// tradingexpert.mq4 // The code should be used for educational purpose only.//--------------------------------------------------------------------#define cmos 0#property copyright "Copyright © Book, 2007"#property link      "http...
[Deleted]
Hi guys! I have been trying hard to learn this mql4 and also using Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4 to get a new EA. I have an idea for an EA but may be this website has no codes for EA with pending orders placement ability. The Idea might not be fresh though but it is to active the EA only...
Hello everyone, I have a small problem with MetaTrader. I want to write an app in C++ that will download data from MetaTrader server in realtime and then save it in my program as a variable. Any ideas how to do it ? I have already written a version that obtains the data from .csv file with...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have a news scalper EA, but I wish to change some option on it. But I do not compatible with programming and meta4 language. First of all I would like to change the pending orders, to take it 5 pips from the open price. Now it place it from 10 pips from the open price. Secondly I wisht to...
I would like to use INPUTBOX for type the password during init the EA. There is one dll showed on forum, but it is not availbale for download. Can somebody help me in this case ? Thanks in advance.
hi i have a code for indicator that do some calculation starting from a date(pointtme) that i enter, the setting window for the indicator is #property indicator_chart_windowextern string VLineName="   ";extern datetime  PointTime=D'2009.09.07 00:00';extern int Multiplyer = 00.2220;extern color...
[Deleted]
Last week I was programming a (recursive) function and I ran into some strange 'variable accessing/allocating' behaviour. Let me explain: The recursive function has one input parameter: an array by reference. So, afaik only the pointer is passed to the function. The function itself has one array...
How do you tie a new order to an older one so that when the collective profits equeal zero, you can close them both at the same time? For example: an order is placed to go long, but the price starts falling. At half way to my stop loss, I would like to place a hedge short order. I double the...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys i'm a newbie in MQ4 scripting so please bear with me. I would like to implement an EA which takes inputs from a the Heiken Ashi custom indicator. I understand that the function iCustom does just that. However, It gives me the data for the last bar only (bar with index 0). How can i get the...
[Deleted]
Hi All, Ive been playing with the EA below (Butchered MACD Sample) I want it to place lots based on the size of the available balance, however I want it to be round up to the nearest Lot. ie. if I have £500 in the bank I want it to order 0.10 Lots so I added Lots=AccountBalance()/10000; the...
Hi, I was thinking about price lines, in standard chart we can draw line by hand to see visually the price lines the market have draw, but in an automatic system we can use this lines in a concern of opening or closing orders. this is what I came with, I'm happy to share it and hope it will help...
[Deleted]
  Crisis: Don't we care?  (883   1 2 3 4 5 ... 88 89)
The world's financial markets are wobbling, and the future of these markets is in question (at least as they exist now)... And we are sitting here developing and testing TS, trying to trade (although it is better to stay away from such markets with their gep and unpredictable rules of the game), and
Hi, I need help to my EA does the following: When the different parameters are OK, I want that the EA places a pendent buy order, and then it must wait for 30 seconds to place other pendent sell order. I already tryed to use the following command, but it doesn´t work if (bla bla bla) // I know,...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am writing a EA where I am using the iRSI. When I run it in the Strategy Tester window, it only appears after the test is finished, not in real time like the price. Is there a way to see it in real time? Also, and more important. I am trying to draw trend lines in this iRSI, but I dont...
Hi guys, I know this is maybe slightly out of context, but I think you guys are probably the most likely to provide an answer. On my live broker account, when I am manually trading, sometimes I will receive Off Quotes. More and more these days - at first I had absolutely none for a few months. Now...
[Deleted]
Hi Programmers, I downloaded this from fxstreet.com. it seem a very good EA but is lacking a static stoploss, can anyone help me add in? Thanks! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| 100 pips a day.mq4 | //|...
Hi, Newbe needs help. I am trying to move my sl to break even once i am 1/3 of the way to tp and again to 1/3 once I am 2/3 of the way to tp. I have two problems with my code. 1.) the modified sl is cycling between break even and 1/3 profit??? 2.) I am getting OrderModify error 1??? Please help. I...
[Deleted]
I've been working away learning mql4 for a while now. prob should be mql5 but anyhow...... whilst getting on ok i've become tangled up with trying to pass an array to a function. I've been looking at Rosh's work in his article 'templates a spot to stand on' ...an excellent article!! ... but i'm...