Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 565

To post a new topic, please log in or register
This is the first interview in the "ATC Champions League" project. Roman Zamozhniy (Rich) from Ukraine was the winner of the first Automated Trading Championship in 2006. In addition, he is a regular participant of our Championships - he has not missed a single contest. In this interview, we talked...
Only four participants have remained in TOP-10 to the end of the second week of the Championship. They are gery18, Tim, enivid and golders. The former leader Matúš German from Slovakia has moved from the first to the fifth place though his Expert Advisor has not made any gross mistakes. It has...
Have you ever taken the position against all your indicators, strategy and logic, just because you felt that it should work? And eventually it worked. And eventually your trade was closed with nice profit. Does it sound familiar to you? It can work in another direction. Perfect position was closed...
I tried to run an EA in the strategy tester and am getting a "tester agent synchronization error". Does anyone know the cause of this and how to resolve it? thanks
I may be being completely stupid, but I can't see how to add feedback to a completed job. Could someone please tell me, because I am getting very frustrated. I have searched all over mql5.com. Thanks MW
 please advise whether MT5 allows trading ETFs/stocks or only Forex
Scalping is popular trading style. Traders love to scalp. Nevertheless, some brokers prohibit scalping or advertise " Scalping is allowed!" ( I have seen many banners on the forums). So what is the idea? Traders are making money with the scalping. Brokers don't like that. Where is the logic?! I came...
Hi I was reading this cute name EA called expertMAMA.mq5 that comes together with the terminal. I am somewhat ok with logic that goes on in the OnInit(), but when it comes to the rest below: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Function-event handler "tick"...
Antonio Morillas from Spain (sallirom) was first who doubled his starting balance from the beginning of the Championship and thus attracted our attention. His trading strategy is extremely risky. We decided to talk to Antonio about risk and luck as these are part and parcel of Automated Trading...
In the next few hours we will be moving the mql5.com website to a new host. Therefore, www.mql5.com and championship.mql5.com will be unavailable for some time. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
On the second day of the Championship the Expert Advisor created by Matúš German (gery18) increased its capital by 2.5 times and took the lead being ahead of all competitors. Matúš himself doubts his Expert Advisor will win, he thinks that luck and high risk were the reasons of such unexpected rise...
From the first seconds of Monday, October 3, 2011 the quotes of the MetaQuotes-Demo trading server started their flow, almost four hundred trading terminals of the competition participants came to life and the first deals were made during the first seconds of the Championship. According to our...
The Automated Trading Championship 2011 is notable in that all the previous winners of the competition participate in it. At the very beginning of the 2011 contest, when it is yet early to make any predictions, we talked to them about their win, about the new competition and the Expert Advisors that...
Today is October 3, 2011 and Automated Trading Championship 2011 has started. Completed are all the preparatory steps: all Expert Advisors of Championship participants have been finally checked and approved. This year 395 trading robots will fight for the 80 000 US dollars prize. Top three places...
What does the asterisk * means? ---> CTrailingNone *trailing=new CTrailingNone; Was trying to find some resources related to this, if anyone knows any, please tell me...many thanks!
hi, i have problem with my order, timeout message signal always out each time i sell/buy. what does it means? and what happen? cause my connection is ok and spread normal. what should i do with my brokerage? thank you..
  Help a struggling trader! (26   1 2 3)
I have been in Forex for over 2 years now and discovered I am regressing rather than progressing! The last few weeks have been especially hard on me...I keep losing trades and it is just beating me down further and further. This has happened once before, about a year ago, and then I got so fed up...
Hi, I've been pouring over documentation and trying different order submission methods for a week or two now and haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I submit a trade I receive error 10016 - Invalid Stops. I've simplified my code to elminiate potential errors with no...
Hi everyone: I have been needless to say, one hardcore MQL4 fan for all these years. And I want to be an equally good one at MQL5! I hope for some advice, directions esp. from those who have been through such learning "transition". I have a little stint and experience programming in OOP, using...
  Introducing (3)
Hello Guys, I am Monir Hossain from Bangladesh and new user in this forum. This forum is very interesting. Thanks.
Hello Everyone Maybe a novice question, however since I wasn't able to find specific answer, thought of posting this to the forum.... I'm looking for an alert indicator to alert me when two moving average of MACD cross each other e.g. 8-period moving average of my MACD crosses up/down 21-period...
  metatester (1)
hi, everytime i get upgrades from metaquotes, i get 2 metatester: metatester.exe & metatester64.exe, the other files seems to be 32 bits. As my system runs a 32 bits system, why do i get metatester64 ?
Today, MetaQuotes Software Corp. has launched a new service MQL5 Cloud Network. This is a cloud computing network, which connects computers of many users around the world and distributes resources among them. This network will be useful for those who need additional power for their tasks, and for...
A friend of mine in the pit had been having a rough time lately when he asked me a typical question among us traders - How do I come back from a loss? Since he had been having a "rough patch" and not just one bad trade, I gave him the following advice that is to be used over a period of time. First...
Ok, I have read the C for dummies book, I have read the book provided on the MQL4 website. I understand the syntax of how the coding works. Now where is the guide to put all the information together? i can read lines of code and understand what is happening (e.g. i understand a sell order command or...
I would like to analyze history Tick data (minimal change of price) over a period of time ,how can I get them? Now, I can only get 1M minimum period.
  Hi Everybody (2)
i'm very new to thi forum plz support me