Strategy Tester

When running strategy tester I either get no results or the Tester hangs very early during testing. Any idea whats going on here?

dmaskman:

When running strategy tester I either get no results or the Tester hangs very early during testing. Any idea whats going on here?

A problem in EA?

enivid:
A problem in EA?
No, I think it's me. I figured out when you first Strategy Tester it takes awhile to download previous price data. However, it's been "Testing" for 2 days and it's only halfway there. MT4 DID NOT have this problem the tester worked fine with a high degree of confidence and within 15 to 20 minutes it was done. Does anyone have any recommendations on faster settings without loss of accuracy?

Additionally, I was running with a simple stock MACD with only 5 inputs. I'd hate to run one with more inputs. I'll never make money on this track.

dmaskman:

Additionally, I was running with a simple stock MACD with only 5 inputs. I'd hate to run one with more inputs. I'll never make money on this track.

Do you mean that you are using optimization? Maybe there's huge error output in the Journal that slows down the execution?

Similar problem here:

When running a test or optimization the tester stops after 20 - 40 trades, but only when testing my EA with the Bollinger Bands (iBand)!?

Reason: